Is the STINKY a good bike to use for trails around town which include a little climbing and a little Diablo like riding OR shoul

PB Forum :: Downhill
Is the STINKY a good bike to use for trails around town which include a little climbing and a little Diablo like riding OR shoul
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:15 Quote
CTfreerider6 wrote:
ok, thats a fact, but anyways, i was doin dominion at diablo wit ha rental sunday and i was having a shit load of fun.

If you like DH more then get a DH bike. This thread is annoying.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:16 Quote
merkel wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
CTfreerider6 wrote:
i think it would be easier to use a dh bike for a little bit of freeriding than it would be to get a fr and do some dhing with it.

Well. You're wrong.
yeah, i gotta go with dave here. a full on downhill bike would be a bitch to freeride... i am a noob but i think it would be because they are heavier, more beefy, hard to throw around, and rebound is almost nothing while in freeride a little more rebound would be preferred. plus doing a tight skinny on a DH bike would probably be hard

wrong, freerdie bikes are build more heavy n strong, dh more light n agyal...only on the ground though

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:17 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
CTfreerider6 wrote:
ok, thats a fact, but anyways, i was doin dominion at diablo wit ha rental sunday and i was having a shit load of fun.

If you like DH more then get a DH bike. This thread is annoying.

agreed, i htink the kids already made up his mind about what he wants

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:17 Quote
yo, first of all this thread is awesome and secondly, i dont know which i preffer more. there was this one trail at diablo where there were 4 continous natural drops one after another and that was my favorite, wats that mean?

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:18 Quote
that means freeride

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:19 Quote
if you like going fast, go dh, but if you like getting air, doin drops, n still going fast go freeride

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:20 Quote
CTfreerider6 wrote:
yo, first of all this thread is awesome and secondly, i dont know which i preffer more. there was this one trail at diablo where there were 4 continous natural drops one after another and that was my favorite, wats that mean?
it means get the reign x and that settles it..they r so dope and can handle a lot...i guess it kinda depends on ur riding style and size..how big r u? also r u pretty smooth when landing drops or do u just let the bike soak it all up like a noob?

really? it seemed like dh, this comment is really dum.

CTfreerider6 wrote:

that means that there are spots in the ground that have a sharp drop off so when you hit them at speed, you continue in a downward arc off the edge before landing.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:24 Quote
anyways i just found my next dh bike, its totally custom and you are going to see them all over the world cup next year
photo

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:24 Quote
wtf that aint the right bike, ive never even seen that before, hold on....

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:25 Quote
photo

there we go
hells yah

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:26 Quote
have you looked at a used santa cruz vp free? Those bike are just awesome... My buddy has one and he is a very succesfull dh rider, yet he is able to pedal up and huck it aswell. IMO a vp free is the bike you are looking for from your description.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:27 Quote
and holy crap do you really expect the INTERNET to tell you which bike is best for you? the internet isnt going to ride the bike, you are. people have said the stinkys are pretty much a waste of time, money, effort, and every aspect of biking. there have been several good suggestions for a bike to get, why not go to your LBS and test ride a few of these rigs? personally, i would go with the Reign. I rode one off of some ladder drops and ns type stuff at woodward west, and it handled it well. if you do more dh than freeride, why not look at bikes more in the downhill agenda that can still rip it up on the occasional trip to diablo.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015295
Mobile Version of Website