Kona Stab deluxe 2008 or iron horse sunday expert 2008?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Kona Stab deluxe 2008 or iron horse sunday expert 2008?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 6:49 Quote
Both cost around 3000. Which is the best for downhill?
photo

photo

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 6:53 Quote
get the sunday it has a better DH specific suspension design and it handles so GOOOOOOOD, and its proven , Sam hill if a machine and he rips it on this and My buddy Justin Brown rides this bike and he podiums every race with it.

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 9:23 Quote
the sunday aint any stronger than a stab. wat u mean?

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 9:25 Quote
Sunday by far!!!
konas suck,
get the iron horse and upgrade to a boXXer Team.
that would be a sick setup!!!

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 14:26 Quote
My roommate has a 2005 Sunday World Cup and it is in my opinion THE best 8in travel DH bike. Hell, just look at Sam Hill's stats! It handles awesome and pedals excellent but watch out in the turns or in rough terrain b/c the pedals are super low to the ground. They run lower than my 2006 V-10. Stabs are good too but I don't think it can top the Sunday for a DH specific rig. I would upgrade to 888 RC3 WC, 888 ATA WC, Boxxer WC if turning sharp in the woods is not important to you or maybe even a Fox 40 RC2 if you are racing.

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 14:29 Quote
get a kona that bike is so sweet to ride!

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 14:31 Quote
i would totaly go with the kona

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 14:33 Quote
it depends on how you ride... if you like to pump more and carry speed as much as you can then get the iron horse(due to lower BB) if you prefer to pedal then get the kona.

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 14:41 Quote
Would you people stop saying that it is proven by sam hill, he will win any race on any bike!!! stats showing that it is a winning bike doesn't mean anything, it means you have a better group of riders!!!! That is like having a drag race and saying the other driver is better when the engine is doing all the work!! It all matters with the controller (sam hill) not the bike,

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 14:59 Quote
I agree that Sam Hill is that good on any bike. I was saying that the bike is tough enough to handle Sam Hill! If it can get a maniac down the mountain with the intensity that he brings then it is a good indicator that the rig is pretty sound. He could probably destroy a lot of bikes before he got to the bottom by the lines that he picks. He has been know to bend cranks 3 out of 4 times in one section of the course.

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 15:18 Quote
I would go with the iron horse if you're a serious rider. Konas (in my oppinion) are over rated.

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 15:24 Quote
bcroots wrote:
That is like having a drag race and saying the other driver is better when the engine is doing all the work!!

Thumbs Down

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 15:27 Quote
Oh forgot one thing, You have to replace the bolts and bearings in the Sunday after each season if you ride a lot and ride it like it is supposed to be ridden. They develop serious play in the pivots. I replaced my roommates for $170 for the entire set with the bolts and bearings. Thats pretty customary for bikes that get ridden hard but they are $170 from Iron Horse which is more than most other bikes.

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 10:01 Quote
to be honest guys iron horse is very expensive to say the bearings go so often, if they sorted the back end out ten it wud be more popular, and kona give you alot for the money lets face it!!!

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 10:21 Quote
Kind of off topic, but did anyone else notice something weird about the fork on the sunday? It's got the 2008 decals but the lowers are obviously from an 07 or older 888Confused .

Anyways I'd go with the sunday, the geometry is much more comfortable in my oppinion, the stab is just way too tall for my likings.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011693
Mobile Version of Website