My Bike for Downhill?

PB Forum :: Downhill
My Bike for Downhill?
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 17:25 Quote
Stinkyrider is rite, it isn't in my way as much as it would be for a lot of shorter riders, however I am riding a large I do believe...I'll have to double check on that one though. Having the seat up is just how I find it comfortable, I find I have more control over the bike and a better feeling of what it's doing at any given time if I can feel the seat between my legs; it also gives you a break because you can sit and pedal on the smoother parts. It's probably not a good idea to learn with your seat high, for the simple fact that it does get in the way if you don't know how to use it properly. I only started riding with my seat high about a year ago, when I became very confident with my skills and what the bike will and won't do.

Posted: Sep 25, 2008 at 20:38 Quote
IDK man, my last ride was a Hardtail, complete crap on the hill, it pedaled nice but I'm really against hartails. UPGRADE

Posted: Sep 26, 2008 at 1:50 Quote
I'll ride with the seat down, as it doesn't get in the way and I actually prefer it there and find it really comfortable.

Thanks for the help, Dudes!

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 11:19 Quote
you should get a rear shockBig Grin

*cut your seat post a couple inches(that saves some weight too, and most bikes have their seat-posts cut, so don't be afraid to do it)

*shorter stem(you can find some on sale for $30-ish)

*better pedals(preferably with little spikes in them)

...so that's like $60...other than those three things, its not worth putting money into that bike...ride this one till you feel like you need a full suspension

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 11:48 Quote
Tom415g wrote:
you should get a rear shockBig Grin

*cut your seat post a couple inches(that saves some weight too, and most bikes have their seat-posts cut, so don't be afraid to do it)

*shorter stem(you can find some on sale for $30-ish)

*better pedals(preferably with little spikes in them)

...so that's like $60...other than those three things, its not worth putting money into that bike...ride this one till you feel like you need a full suspension

I'll look into getting a rear shock, Thanks. Shall I just cut the frame and stick it in there?

LOL Razz

Ok, I'll check those things out, Thanks, Dude!

Posted: Jan 30, 2011 at 21:51 Quote
paint it red (adds 10 hp)

Posted: Jan 31, 2011 at 0:21 Quote
Go single up front. Those dual rings set ups are a nightmare on rocks.

Posted: Jan 31, 2011 at 1:06 Quote
to start on its fine, the bike itself will let you know you're progressing once it starts falling apart....then upgrade... repeat....

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012054
Mobile Version of Website