Which universities have downhill tracks close at hand?

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Which universities have downhill tracks close at hand?
O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2008 at 19:22 Quote
Sean115 wrote:
UCSC for sure. I Hear davis has some good DH, but UCSC has more variety as well as some sick jumps and ladders, etc. Plus nothing beats flying downhill through a forest knowing that with one false move your in a tree. I highly recommend it.

To all the American's posting in this thread. Can you read? He asked what Universities in CANADA have DH near by, not the US of gAy.

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2008 at 19:28 Quote
gdawg wrote:
Sean115 wrote:
UCSC for sure. I Hear davis has some good DH, but UCSC has more variety as well as some sick jumps and ladders, etc. Plus nothing beats flying downhill through a forest knowing that with one false move your in a tree. I highly recommend it.

To all the American's posting in this thread. Can you read? He asked what Universities in CANADA have DH near by, not the US of gAy.
Calm down, and that comment could be interpreted as racist...
And FYI, his title isn't very specific, hence the reason that people are giving USA suggestions. Please change the thread title!

Posted: Oct 27, 2008 at 20:25 Quote
nishnash wrote:
gdawg wrote:
Sean115 wrote:

And FYI, his title isn't very specific, hence the reason that people are giving USA suggestions. Please change the thread title!
Racist?

And FYI, it is in the 'Canada-West' section, and if you were smart enough to read to first post...we wouldn't have all these non-sense replies.

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2008 at 20:30 Quote
nishnash wrote:
gdawg wrote:
Sean115 wrote:

No where in my post did I make even the slightest of a racist comment. USA is not a race, gay is not a race, nor is the fact people are illiterate. Its not very hard to figure out that the person who started this thread was refering to Universities in Canada...it is after all in the Canada - West section.

Posted: Oct 27, 2008 at 20:31 Quote
gdawg wrote:
Sean115 wrote:

your cool

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2009 at 15:04 Quote
haha pretty funny. ucsc is good with the number of trails, but none are really that long, wish bigger mountains were closer.

Posted: Sep 22, 2009 at 15:14 Quote
[/Quote] the US of gAy.[/Quote]Salute

Posted: Sep 22, 2009 at 15:15 Quote
gdawg wrote:
not the US of gAy.
Salute

Posted: Sep 22, 2009 at 16:49 Quote
what are you talking about americas where its at

Posted: Sep 22, 2009 at 20:23 Quote
You are a fool if you attend university east of bc if you want the best riding. Besides "deadly" riding, you will be able to ride all year round in Vancouver. When exams start you will be able to hit up whistler.

O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2009 at 13:24 Quote
billybilly wrote:
You are a fool if you attend university east of bc if you want the best riding. Besides "deadly" riding, you will be able to ride all year round in Vancouver. When exams start you will be able to hit up whistler.
For realz. Don't go to Quebec or the states. The people who live there who claim the riding as good probably have never really ridden in BC. Nothing compares.

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 at 13:48 Quote
so far in my extensive travels, only thing that has ever compared has been diablo, thats it, the only one

O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2009 at 23:13 Quote
Th3Fr33r1d3r wrote:
billybilly wrote:
For realz. Don't go to Quebec or the states. The people who live there who claim the riding as good probably have never really ridden in BC. Nothing compares.

My sister lives in squamish (and used to live in Van) and I've ridden a lot in BC and live in Ca. California easily compares, marin, santa cruz, to just name a couple, and many would say is superior.

12 month riding season.

No precipitation 10 months of the year like BC.

I agree your government is way cooler about trail building, but if you're smart enough here you can find almost as many sick trails.

Posted: Oct 3, 2009 at 22:40 Quote
ubc is only 1.5 hours away from whistler

Posted: Oct 5, 2009 at 14:10 Quote
chesnuts wrote:
Don't count out Thompson Rivers University in Kamloops.

Go to pinkbike videos, search Kamloops and see what riding comes up. You'll be impressed.

I use to ride DH trails to school (UCC) before it became TRU. Even had studs for winter. So much great riding there, although I think some of the best/closest trails may have been developed.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.238211
Mobile Version of Website