The jah drop(jordan leeson)

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The jah drop(jordan leeson)
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 14:02 Quote
a couple of years back I was seriously into hucking, and rode one of the few bikes on the market that was ideal for hucking...the Banshee Scream

my biggest huck was about 40 vertical feet, and I prepared with body building, wore a motorbike helmet, motorbike armour and had 20+ year of riding experience going into it...

photo

hucking..you are talking about a very strong bike with steeper geometry than a DH bike, and very progressive suspension so that it doesn't blow through its travel upon landing

the V-10 is a pro-level race bike with soft linear suspension and probably the worst bike to be hucking on, ok for road gaps but not hucks!

I have ridden with Bender, and talked to him about all this stuff, and the preparation he went through with his hucks

Bender was seriously toned, had a handshake like a vice, and knew exactly how to choose the right kind of bike, tune the suspension, get the wheels right, wear the right kind of armour and most importantly prepare himself physically and mentally, he was "on his game" and one of the most underrated riders in the sport

also, Bender did not just go out and do the Jah Drop, he built up to it over several years, and his conclusion was that the stunt had the wrong shape in the landing

photo

if you have seen some of the hucks that Bender has walked away from after crashing, you would realise he has a very high level of skill to be able to bail without serious injury; of course the odds finally caught up with him and he fractured his spine, thankfully he has recovered

I don't know anything about this kid, apart from watching that road gap video, where he did not look to be in control...a road gap is very different from a huck, and apart from being on the wrong bike and at 15 years of age not having the physical strength of an adult to be able to hold onto the bike upon a huge impact of landing something like the Jah Drop...kid needs to check his head, its likely he will get seriously hurt or worse

I know 2 guys from the UK who were seriously into hucking, and talked about the Jah Drop for over 2 years, and went there and stood at the top and realised what they were really getting into, and both did the smart thing, swallowed their pride (they had told all their buddies they were gonna do it) and walked away

rob cole

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 14:08 Quote
Listen to a guy who knows^^ dont do it.

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 14:10 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
a couple of years back I was seriously into hucking, and rode one of the few bikes on the market that was ideal for hucking...the Banshee Scream

my biggest huck was about 40 vertical feet, and I prepared with body building, wore a motorbike helmet, motorbike armour and had 20+ year of riding experience going into it...

photo

hucking..you are talking about a very strong bike with steeper geometry than a DH bike, and very progressive suspension so that it doesn't blow through its travel upon landing

the V-10 is a pro-level race bike with soft linear suspension and probably the worst bike to be hucking on, ok for road gaps but not hucks!

I have ridden with Bender, and talked to him about all this stuff, and the preparation he went through with his hucks

Bender was seriously toned, had a handshake like a vice, and knew exactly how to choose the right kind of bike, tune the suspension, get the wheels right, wear the right kind of armour and most importantly prepare himself physically and mentally, he was "on his game" and one of the most underrated riders in the sport

also, Bender did not just go out and do the Jah Drop, he built up to it over several years, and his conclusion was that the stunt had the wrong shape in the landing

photo

if you have seen some of the hucks that Bender has walked away from after crashing, you would realise he has a very high level of skill to be able to bail without serious injury; of course the odds finally caught up with him and he fractured his spine, thankfully he has recovered

I don't know anything about this kid, apart from watching that road gap video, where he did not look to be in control...a road gap is very different from a huck, and apart from being on the wrong bike and at 15 years of age not having the physical strength of an adult to be able to hold onto the bike upon a huge impact of landing something like the Jah Drop...kid needs to check his head, its likely he will get seriously hurt or worse

I know 2 guys from the UK who were seriously into hucking, and talked about the Jah Drop for over 2 years, and went there and stood at the top and realised what they were really getting into, and both did the smart thing, swallowed their pride (they had told all their buddies they were gonna do it) and walked away

rob cole

who are the 2 uk guys?

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 14:13 Quote
I am not going to say as there is no need to cause embarrassment

they were smart and did the right thing by walking away and that is all there is to say...

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 14:15 Quote
why are u trying to convince him to to, this is going to be so good if he does it

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 14:18 Quote
spier17 wrote:
decided to make the simulation more real

-18 1i 18 1i,q 1h 5t 1t 8n 1pl,td 1vf 125 1vk 124 1sm tf 1sf,124 1tu 13g 1tu 13g 1ud 14b 1uk 14c 1v0 14c 1vc 13t 1vc 13h 1v4 133 1v3 12t 1vb 129 1vc,tm 1vf tq 1vn u8 1vq uk 1vg,12u 1va 133 1vm 13l 1vn 13t 1vc,13h 1u1 13n 1u5 13o 1uf,11a 1sm 11e 1s9 11n 1s9 11q 1sj,12t 1tt 12u 1tl 135 1tl 138 1tt,tf 1vf t5 1ve,tg 1vf t2 1vf,8i 1pj sv 1tt#u2 1t7 tu 1tj,u2 1t7 tn 1ua ui 1ua,ts 1tq ua 1tq,u0 1ta ui 1t8,uv 1tb up 1ua,vf 1t8 v5 1ub,uu 1tu vb 1tt,109 1te vp 1tn 104 1u3 vf 1ue,114 1tj 11b 1tj 11b 1tt 11g 1tt 11g 1u3 119 1u6 119 1ue 113 1uf 111 1u6 10r 1u6 10r 1tv 115 1tv 113 1tj,te 1ve t1 1vd,te 1sg t1 1vf#

good luck if you attempt it jordan.
I landed it on a unicycle lol

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 14:18 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
I am not going to say as there is no need to cause embarrassment

they were smart and did the right thing by walking away and that is all there is to say...

fair enough

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 14:20 Quote
why are u trying to convince him to to, this is going to be so good if he does it

it would be good if he cleaned the huck and landed safely

but we are not playing games here, we are talking life or death, walking or paralysed for life

having had a buddy become quadraplegic through a freeride biking accident and having met a former pro rider who is also now in a wheelchair, we are not talking about internet video glory....but a serious life changing incident if it goes wrong

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 14:21 Quote
If he wants to do it, let him do it. He knows the risk and if he pulls it off or not, he will get his 15 minutes of fame.

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 14:24 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:

but we are not playing games here, we are talking life or death, walking or paralysed for life

having had a buddy become quadraplegic through a freeride biking accident and having met a former pro rider who is also now in a wheelchair, we are not talking about internet video glory....but a serious life changing incident if it goes wrong

He is right, he is 15 and is already an awsome rider so why waste it and possibly ruin your life for the sake of one stupid drop. Im sure people would forget him pretty quicky

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 14:25 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:

As much as i would love to see this kid hit the jah drop, this guy has the right idea, for a start, Bender was/is(???) built like a brick shit house, this kid aint even fully developed, so he dont stand a damn chance.
Not to mention hucking a race bike, I go an idea, why dnt he use a double ro summat more suitable!!!

Now thats sarcasm

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 14:27 Quote
its not boffanator doing it by the way, the guy doing it is on a norco i belive when i was talking to him

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 14:32 Quote
he can use my p.2 with 80mm travel!

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 14:33 Quote
Hes playing Russian Roulette but only one chamber is empty not the other way round.

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 14:43 Quote
Takes way bigger balls to walk away from a drop when the pressure is on, than it takes to actually drop it.

Learn from the bent one and live to ride another day.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017099
Mobile Version of Website