Trek Session 7 help!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Trek Session 7 help!
Posted: Oct 14, 2008 at 19:21 Quote
One more question, do you know if Trek replaces or makes the drop outs for my frame anymore?

Posted: Oct 14, 2008 at 19:23 Quote
YEs they should just go to your local trek dealer they will have the hangers and dropouts

Posted: Oct 14, 2008 at 19:30 Quote
jefo wrote:
yeah, as the suspension moves the chain will either tighten or loosen. won't work! need a tensioner. no point in horizontal dropouts

Not true. If the suspension pivots AT the bottom bracket, there will be absolutely no chain growth, thus frames like a Kona Cowan DS, Aaron Chase's new Cannondale, or Arrow DSS-3 could run single speed.

Posted: Oct 14, 2008 at 19:31 Quote
I-bike wrote:
YEs they should just go to your local trek dealer they will have the hangers and dropouts
I did but they said to check pinkbike to see it anybody sell/makes horizontal drop outs...

Posted: Oct 14, 2008 at 19:31 Quote
nlitworld wrote:
jefo wrote:
yeah, as the suspension moves the chain will either tighten or loosen. won't work! need a tensioner. no point in horizontal dropouts

Not true. If the suspension pivots AT the bottom bracket, there will be absolutely no chain growth, thus frames like a Kona Cowan DS, Aaron Chase's new Cannondale, or Arrow DSS-3 could run single speed.
But would I be able to run horizontal drop outs on my trek?

Posted: Oct 14, 2008 at 19:37 Quote
xxxsdx wrote:
nlitworld wrote:
jefo wrote:

But would I be able to run horizontal drop outs on my trek?

Doubtful, unless somebody makes another dropout. You would still need a tensioner since the pivot to the suspension is slightly above, not around the bottom bracket. So again there's no point to running horizontal dropouts.

Posted: Oct 14, 2008 at 19:39 Quote
Ok that makes sense. Thanks for the info!

Posted: Oct 14, 2008 at 19:40 Quote
nlitworld wrote:
jefo wrote:

I happen to know that the pivot on the trek is NOT on the bb.

Posted: Oct 14, 2008 at 19:42 Quote
jefo wrote:
nlitworld wrote:
jefo wrote:

I happen to know that the pivot on the trek is NOT on the bb.

Exactly what I was trying to say. Maybe I was just confused in how you stated your point. Pivot at the bb means SS is ok. Pivot anywhere else and there needs to be a tensioner. Personally I don't know why you'd want to make a freeride rig SS, but everyone has their kicks.

Posted: Oct 14, 2008 at 19:43 Quote
Yeah...the Session 7 is a pretty well built bike...

Posted: Oct 14, 2008 at 19:48 Quote
OK because right now I am running a chain tensioner but I just wanted to know if it was possible to run horizontal drop outs instead. Ok so I guess I'll just stick it a chain tensioner then.

Posted: Oct 14, 2008 at 19:51 Quote
I-bike wrote:
Yes!
Don't follow....

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 13:29 Quote
what is the head tube size on the session 7?

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 13:30 Quote
drinkmilk54 wrote:
what is the head tube size on the session 7?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010297
Mobile Version of Website