P3 probs

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 2:03 Quote
Im running an 05 P3 and its just started theis cracking noise from the headtube. It sounds like the frames gona snap but there r no cracks no stress marks. Im runnin a fsa dh pro up front. Any ideas?

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 2:27 Quote
Take a look at your headset, it might be loose or just need re-packing. Also look at your stem for cracks as well as the crown of your forks.

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 11:36 Quote
I have but found no cracks anywhere, its sealed bearing and runs tight and smooth.

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 11:37 Quote
RIDER- wrote:
I have but found no cracks anywhere, its sealed bearing and runs tight and smooth.

did you grease the interface where metal to metal contact may occur.

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 21:41 Quote
you sure your headseat isn't loose?

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 at 20:22 Quote
Na didnt put any greese there but ive owned a few bikes and never had to. Oh and i did run some triples for a while?

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 at 23:52 Quote
RIDER- wrote:
Na didnt put any greese there but ive owned a few bikes and never had to. Oh and i did run some triples for a while?

first catridge bearing headset i got i never greased the metal parts and it constantly creaked as there is a fair amount of movement in your headset.

just try a thin coat of grease to see if that helps.

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2008 at 22:52 Quote
well if you checked all this you might wanna get it to a shop to get looked at cuz you might have ovalized your headtube

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 3:59 Quote
most front end noises are from the stem-bar interface so check that!
if it aint that or the headset or the forks you may wanna x-ray the frame!
or just not ride it!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010862
Mobile Version of Website