Official Port coquitlam///Coquitlam rider's

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Port coquitlam///Coquitlam rider's
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 at 16:48 Quote
Lol, but doing it on a '08 Reign X0 is new tech old school. Amazingly in practice its no where near as ridiculous as it sounds. had a lot of fun slamming the big curbs at the Pitt River bridge waiting for the lights to change!

DM

Posted: Nov 28, 2008 at 18:03 Quote
davemud wrote:
Ahh Galloway is up that older gravel road/path just past Dawg and is in better condition?
yeah galloway is rite by the ending of lower triple crown, instead of taking the second split in the road you keep going straight and it is up there and you will be able to see it with a little rock statue(1.5 feet tall) by it, it also has a strip of camo material
great riding condition!

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 16:14 Quote
Cool, I know where it is or should be, now are you saying you can also pick up lower tripple crown off that end of the road too?

I haven't explored too much up there yet but thinking I will this week on my days off. Do you know if there is another trail going down beyond where Flywheel starts?

DM

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 17:04 Quote
davemud wrote:
Cool, I know where it is or should be, now are you saying you can also pick up lower tripple crown off that end of the road too?

I haven't explored too much up there yet but thinking I will this week on my days off. Do you know if there is another trail going down beyond where Flywheel starts?

DM
nah flywheel is the very end

Posted: Dec 1, 2008 at 12:36 Quote
Was up on Burke again this morning. Rode past Dawg up that road to the last switchback heading up left and saw an unmarked trail drop off right and took it. It ended at a micro tower and old building with surrounding area dug up. I couldn't see where the trail picked up so hiked up to the road. Is that trail Galloway?

I ended up going down a trail between Fluid and Dawg. It was nice, do you know the name of it.

When I hit conifer I went left rode up the hill a bit and dropped in on the first right on an unamed trail, any idea what its called?

Great fun riding as I was on the '09 Reign X0 again.

DM

Posted: Dec 1, 2008 at 14:41 Quote
davemud wrote:
Was up on Burke again this morning. Rode past Dawg up that road to the last switchback heading up left and saw an unmarked trail drop off right and took it. It ended at a micro tower and old building with surrounding area dug up. I couldn't see where the trail picked up so hiked up to the road. Is that trail Galloway?

I ended up going down a trail between Fluid and Dawg. It was nice, do you know the name of it.

When I hit conifer I went left rode up the hill a bit and dropped in on the first right on an unamed trail, any idea what its called?

Great fun riding as I was on the '09 Reign X0 again.

DM

the trail inbetween dawg and fluid is called TGORZ after tyler gorz since he made it
the trail that you rode on conifer is called lower slayer
and no the first trail is not galloway

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 15:17 Quote
Tuesday night we rode Fluid, Tgorz, Dawg, Hustler, Lower Slayer and flywheel. Had a great time with 7 guys, 1 lady and 2 Giant demos.

Turns out I'll be heading up there again this week since the '09 Reign X0 was picked up and an '09 Reign 0 was left in it's place hehehe!

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 17:03 Quote
davemud wrote:
Tuesday night we rode Fluid, Tgorz, Dawg, Hustler, Lower Slayer and flywheel. Had a great time with 7 guys, 1 lady and 2 Giant demos.

Turns out I'll be heading up there again this week since the '09 Reign X0 was picked up and an '09 Reign 0 was left in it's place hehehe!
lol we should hit up triple crown some time

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 21:46 Quote
Anyone know the state of the eagle trails?

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 21:48 Quote
carnell wrote:
Anyone know the state of the eagle trails?
four lost souls? and stuff

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 21:54 Quote
yup, fat bastard little bastard. I know of some secret building but not much else.

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 21:59 Quote
carnell wrote:
yup, fat bastard little bastard. I know of some secret building but not much else.
uhm, i heard people are trying to fix it up but it's really slimmy and getting on the rotten side

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 22:46 Quote
Haven't been up Eagle since I got back to riding this summer, its been maybe 10 years since I was up there. I'd like to go.

We definitely should hit tripple crown and my ol pal Saw Blade too. I work weekends though and ride Tuesday and Wednesdays at the moment mainly at night. Last week though I was riding lower Burke on my way to work in the morning due to having the '09 Reign X0, it went back today but... a new '09 Reign 0 was left in its place for a week! So I'll be haeding up there again soon.

Might try woodland Walk to the Coquitlam Connector and the River trail for a good morning ride.

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 16:25 Quote
I'm in on joining you guys to ride in PoCo! I've ridden quite a few trails on Burke like Fluid, Frank's, lower slayer, green bastard, flywheel, the connector, and I think one more but I can't remember.

DM, I think you sold me a chain at the westwood location last November (07)

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 16:31 Quote
I got back into the industry in june 08 so it wasn't me, might have been mark who isn't there any more. I'm in the Port moody shop now with all the Giants heheheh...

Once the snow clears we should try to get out but I do my day rides Tues and wed as those are my days off. What's green bastard? I don't know if I've riden that one.

Last time I was up Burke was with the 09 Reign demo but the fork was fubared and only functioning in the 100mm mode not the full 140mm mode so the geometry was not what it should have been.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020574
Mobile Version of Website