Where in the world is the best downhill?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Where in the world is the best downhill?
Posted: Oct 21, 2008 at 8:11 Quote
I would have to say if I could go anywhere and live, it would have to be B.C. the best riding of any type anywhere. XC, DH, all mtn. I live in the east coast of the us and there is some great riding around, but bc would take my vote.

Posted: Oct 21, 2008 at 8:47 Quote
Graphxxx wrote:
theoutpost wrote:
Fort Bill voted favourite by the pros... Arguement settled!!! (Think Vigo came second for some reason...)

As for living somewhere, near Mont Blanc would be my choice, loads of riding (all three types), nice people and amazing food and atmosphere...

Are you talking about Mont Blanc in quebec?

Well i don't know the best place, but i sure know Quebec is well equiped with dh mountains Smile As Louis stated, theres Bromont (very populare and big) St-anne (WC There) Mont Tremblant (freaking huge!!!) Massif and i don't know the rest honestly. But i think there should be a little downhill biking at Mont St-Sauveur, not very big but a very fun place for ski.

Why the hell is there a Mont Blanc in Quebec??? Surely the French didn't name it? Anyway I meant the European Mont Blanc...

Posted: Oct 21, 2008 at 14:56 Quote
I wouls say B.C aswell, they have so many trails. Everywhere you go in B.C you will find a trail, a drop at mcdonalds, its sick,. Although I have seen videos of France and Germany, seen some sick looking trails.

Posted: Oct 21, 2008 at 14:59 Quote
b.c all the way you dont have to drive far they are right there

Posted: Oct 21, 2008 at 15:02 Quote
West coast Canada and the Alps.

Posted: Oct 21, 2008 at 16:01 Quote
I would have to say BC, or somewhere in Europe, maybe France?
i don't live there, but I hear its nice out there

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2008 at 23:13 Quote
eric---o wrote:

All in all, I believe that Montreal would be a great destination for you if you want to improve your skill and hit the international scene without breaking the bank.

Eric)-

I was actually considering Montreal. Thanks everyone for the input, lots of help. Now to figure out how to get a work visa for Canada.

Eric, hows the frame?

FL
Posted: Oct 27, 2008 at 23:54 Quote
ok, going off of would you said "whats the best place for downhill racing" i am going to go with what my thoughts are. hella good riding in both europe and all over canada, no doubt about it. but if you want the best racing, the toughest compitition and want to improve the fastest. i would have to go with australia. look at the riders they have produced. the compitition over there is stacked, year round racing too. if you want to race downhill, i would go with australia. but thats only my opinion. and i think your going to get mixed results in here because alot of people rep where they are from. like me, i think colorado has some of the best but i havent ridden everywhere in the world, so i truely dont know. i am going off of stats, results, and from what the pros say.

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 2:07 Quote
I am lucky as I have had the chance to ride and live all over the world.
BC, Austrailia, Europe, Scotland (Its its own contry again now!)

The best time I have ever had on a bike is in France in Les Gets and Morzine.

Super chilled loads to do on and off the bike a real extream dream!

If your from the USA and to go to Canada it dosnt show much imagination.

I can send you some info in gettin a visa and put you in touch with people who can get you a job in France if you like

DunX

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 2:45 Quote
Morzine, massive amount of riding, all Dh, great fun town, youll love it.

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 8:33 Quote
wanabetrials wrote:
eric---o wrote:

All in all, I believe that Montreal would be a great destination for you if you want to improve your skill and hit the international scene without breaking the bank.

Eric)-

I was actually considering Montreal. Thanks everyone for the input, lots of help. Now to figure out how to get a work visa for Canada.

Eric, hows the frame?
Aw, its awsome man. It pedals really well, manouvers and turns tight corners with ease and is easy to drift on. Not to mention that it has been really reliable despite the amount of lift access riding/racing I do. We also have a Morewood dealer/racing team here in Quebec, and they have helped me out lots with maintenance and setup. Def. an amazing buy..thanks again! lol

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 21:23 Quote
DunX wrote:
I am lucky as I have had the chance to ride and live all over the world.
BC, Austrailia, Europe, Scotland (Its its own contry again now!)

The best time I have ever had on a bike is in France in Les Gets and Morzine.

Super chilled loads to do on and off the bike a real extream dream!

If your from the USA and to go to Canada it dosnt show much imagination.

I can send you some info in gettin a visa and put you in touch with people who can get you a job in France if you like

DunX

That would be pretty cool as well. I don't speak french but I'm sure I could learn. I'm going to a motorcycle mechanics school and I graduate in April. Taking BMW and Suzuki, figured BMW would help in Europe.
I'm really having a hard time deciding though. Canada would be easy because its closer and I wouldn't have to ship my motorcycle there, but it isn't as exciting as France or Australia.
I understand repin where you are from, everywhere has its own unique stuff, and theres always going to be someone who thinks it's the best.

And yes my goal is to try to get into the world cup circuit if that helps at all.

Posted: Oct 30, 2008 at 7:03 Quote
How about the real answer to "the worlds best dh"

--- Anyplace on the planet you can mount up, hold on for dear life, dismount at the bottom, high five your boys & head back to the top again ----

Posted: Oct 30, 2008 at 8:00 Quote
BC, and the Alps, would be my two choices

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 at 10:25 Quote
Ride in Aus all year round...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011596
Mobile Version of Website