Official North Shore thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official North Shore thread
O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 9:02 Quote
MrDuck wrote:
Seriously guys there's no need to keep going on about some imaginary trail for all day.

So what would be the nearest pump track to Lynn Valley? Got myself a wee hardtail after ages so I'd love to pump it out!

The mythical north van pump track

Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 12:20 Quote
You guys act like you own those trails.

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 12:39 Quote
Tnerb888 wrote:
MrDuck wrote:
Seriously guys there's no need to keep going on about some imaginary trail for all day.

So what would be the nearest pump track to Lynn Valley? Got myself a wee hardtail after ages so I'd love to pump it out!

Now that's something worth talking a page or two a boot!

kevman: this is the internet.

Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 12:55 Quote
MrDuck wrote:
Tnerb888 wrote:
MrDuck wrote:

Now that's something worth talking a page or two a boot!

kevman: this is the internet.
Exactly. This is the internet.

Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 20:39 Quote
although this is the internet i will be nice and tell you that the approximate location to the beginning of the "mythical trails" to the cove is somewhere up near Neds Atomic Dustbin

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 19:38 Quote
shoby1998 wrote:
although this is the internet i will be nice and tell you that the approximate location to the beginning of the "mythical trails" to the cove is somewhere up near Neds Atomic Dustbin
Shoulda PM'd him, now we're gonna have groms skidding them up

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 19:44 Quote
sushifor2 wrote:
shoby1998 wrote:

Nah we're good.

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 20:17 Quote
lol those trails are already beyond "skidded up." I assume none of you here have ever thrown dirt on that side of the mountain either, so why keep someone else from enjoying them

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 23:44 Quote
sushifor2 wrote:
shoby1998 wrote:
looks like we're screwed now... hear Fromme is awfully nice this time of year

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2015 at 1:07 Quote
rexbikes wrote:
lol those trails are already beyond "skidded up." I assume none of you here have ever thrown dirt on that side of the mountain either, so why keep someone else from enjoying them
Because legal issues. There's a long run being run by some towards having the riding legalised, which requires cooperation. There's other parties interested in that part of land, and we could possibly have a reasonable talk with them, if we respect what is asked from us. It might not necessarily go the way we want, but if we tell everyone "hey, go that way, it's sick over there", the odds certainly wont turn better.

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 at 8:07 Quote
MrDuck wrote:
rexbikes wrote:
Because legal issues. There's a long run being run by some towards having the riding legalised, which requires cooperation. There's other parties interested in that part of land, and we could possibly have a reasonable talk with them, if we respect what is asked from us. It might not necessarily go the way we want, but if we tell everyone "hey, go that way, it's sick over there", the odds certainly wont turn better.
We also have to remember that it's not just riders who read this. Like what we mentioned earlier... This is the internet. We could have a hippie trail nazi or a park ranger who will go looking and ruin the trails. Not saying this will happen or it's a horrible sin to mention their location, just legal issues are involved on that side of the mountain and best not to publicize it too much.

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2015 at 15:50 Quote
Shit just got real serious up in here haha

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 at 19:41 Quote
b-zombie wrote:
Shit just got real serious up in here haha
Straight up haha

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2015 at 20:00 Quote
Is anyone up for a Seymour shuttle tomorrow morning? I work at 3:30pm in North Van, so anytime before then.

Posted: Apr 3, 2015 at 13:57 Quote
I don't think telling people over the internet the exact location of the trails is cool, but saying things don't exist and acting like snobs about knowing where they are isn't cool either. Its fairly obvious that trails exist, check out Pinkbike's video section some time.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012219
Mobile Version of Website