Trek session 88 dh 2009 vs scott gambler dh10 2009

PB Forum :: Beginners
Trek session 88 dh 2009 vs scott gambler dh10 2009
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 11:01 Quote
RockyMountainPride wrote:
mr-wilson wrote:
Session 88. I saw one on the internet, it rode awesome.

I know man, if it says it on the interent it must be true right? Wink

I thought it was going to be missed, and you saw the humour in it! RMP you're alright.

If your buying a $7000 dollar bike and have no clue between two, than I question your need to spend $7000 on a bike, especially with the lack of information provided. No offense to PB, but there are better sites where the information given will be of better use, or they will tell you what I have.

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 11:10 Quote
if youre buying a 7000 dollar bike you shouldnt have to ask anyone

you should what type of suspension you like and what kind of geometry you like when you get to that price range

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 11:15 Quote
Scott gambler DH10!!!!!,comes with better parts then the 88DH and they are super sick.

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 17:28 Quote
its always matters of opinion. and i think 9 out of ten times, all these dumb ass "this vs. that" threads lead to pissing contests that result in very very little actual information. but if hearing things like..."i have one its totally sick" or "i hear they fall apart"...or "i would go for this instead", help your 7 thousand dollar purchase then good for you. personally i look for fact and form my own opinion. i research everything scrupulously. read every article, and sometimes old forums, and if i can, i try the product first.

session 88 vs gambler. think about it...this is like butter vs margarine. kinda the same, but different. some prefer butter, some the margarine. and the people who like butter can probably give good reasons why the butter is better. and the ones who like margarine can support their case.

whatever...it never makes a difference, i guarantee right this second some ass wipe is creating a new thread about something that has been all over the internet for moths but it too lazy and stupid to look, or maybe bored and its fun for them...i dont really know it just makes me want to jump out a window..

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 11:51 Quote
The trek is a fantastic bike, no doubt. Scott despite it is expensive price tag i am sure will perform fantastically. Scott come with a high price tag but it is justified. I think the only way to truely decide is going to bike shop/ test day and ride both. Though you might have trouble finding a gambler as no-one actually owns one Confused
I then Sevenlucky said it spot on.

Jp

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 12:41 Quote
the scott is more expensive because it uses more expensive parts then the session 88DH

Posted: May 3, 2009 at 23:39 Quote
just sold my 88DH last week, so i had to "downgrade" to an 88FR (not complaining...lack of DH availability) and lucky enough for me that i just got a gambler DH10 (demo) dropped to me so guess what is going to happen tomorrow. This will be side by side test ride.
The Gambler better work hard because so far...

DH10 43.5 lbs (medium) mix-match hubs? rear suspension clunky (where is the noise coming from?) handles nice on steep terrain tup

88DH 39 lbs (large) ABP suspension tup trail feedback!!! beside the sound of rubber rolling on the dirt and "plop" when you land, this bike is silent Smile oh! the color!!! Drool

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 0:39 Quote
Deffinately the session! Ive had a go on one and theyre just so light.
I'd try one first tho cuz a guy I met whilst riding really didnt like his but he was only on his first day of riding it so was still getting used to it, he'd also changed the stem and bars cuz the stock one're too high.

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 2:39 Quote
Go with the session , a far supreior bike.

if it dents, keep riding it, Trek said nit doesnt affect them.

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 2:45 Quote
the session, its an awesome bike, I've had mine for 6-7 months.

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 3:08 Quote
specialized-rocks wrote:
because I know nothing of the other bike and i have sean and ridden this bike

that was the worst reason to buy a trek i have ever heard ...Facepalm

FL
Posted: Nov 10, 2010 at 13:00 Quote
i ride a 2008 scott gmabler FR20. i pretty much upgraded all the parts. it's a realy nice bike. i love the fact that there are so many ride options. the rear has 3 travel settings, plus you can swap the rear drop outs to make it a bit longer. one of the coolest feature is the ability to rotate the headtube to give you +/- 1 degree. you wouldn't think 1 degree ewould matter but it makes a huge difference.
with all the tuneablity of the scott you can find a setting that suits you and the terrain for sure.
but i want something a little less slopestyle and a little more downhill. i want a shorter stem, dual crown forks and wider bars. i don't really have the need for a slopestyle/park bike. that's not the type of riding i do. i thought i would be more into it but i've been riding DH for well over a decade and still like the slack head angle, wide bar, super plush bomb proof ride.
that's why i like the trek, the parts seem descent. i like the suspension design....it's a proven race winner and it just looks like a solid DH ride.

I'M LOOKING TO TRADE OR SELL MY SCOTT GAMBLER FOR A TREK SESSION. check my profile if interested.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015782
Mobile Version of Website