Please help me buy my first fully

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Please help me buy my first fully
Posted: Nov 6, 2008 at 20:08 Quote
vegas- wrote:
csuderman wrote:
vegas- wrote:
are you talking about the 2008 green six in shilo for like 1500? thats a decent bike if i wouldent have goent my kona it would have been gone by now lol

yeah thats it haha, price drop and im gonna pick it up i think Big Grin
do it seriously so you still have that blue shred?
sadly we have to pack up our bikes the winter started today =(

yeah ive got a blue scrap, it'll be tough to sell cuz its a kona lol, so i might buy my friends p2 frame, just so i can sell my bike

i was so rattled it was so shitty today, my friend lent me this big wooden kicker for tricking into leaves but i bruised (or cracked) my tailbone so ive been out for the last week and a bit Frown

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 20:20 Quote
look at specialized's big hits you might like them and theyre low price
i myself ride it as my first ever fully and it is the most amazing thing ever
but also theyres the devinci wilson line up

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 20:24 Quote
bikerboibrett wrote:
look at specialized's big hits you might like them and theyre low price
i myself ride it as my first ever fully and it is the most amazing thing ever
but also theyres the devinci wilson line up
devinci's are really exspensive tho, even 2nd hand

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 20:30 Quote
yeah but ive seen some on here for real cheap just gotta look hard
and they may be expensive but theyre worth it

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 20:30 Quote
and i have a blindside befor and they are amazing bikes but mainly made for dh i think bottle rocket would be your best choice !!!

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 at 10:35 Quote
yeah id love a bottle rocket but theyre crazy expensive. arent big hits like 7-8" rear travel?

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 at 13:12 Quote
dont listen to those dipshits dude just get that six because theres no need for anything above six inches in manitoba its basically flat with an exception of a few 10 foot drops and gaps
now the six should be good stock for whistler and those places you go.
other then the wheels look into the revolution 32's by transition bike co.

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 at 14:14 Quote
vegas- wrote:
dont listen to those dipshits dude just get that six because theres no need for anything above six inches in manitoba its basically flat with an exception of a few 10 foot drops and gaps

thanks man thats what i was thinking, thats why i was saying no to demo's and glory's.

im thinking that even the six is too much bike for winnipeg, but thats why i have a bmx for whittier and komenda etc.

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2008 at 14:22 Quote
csuderman wrote:
vegas- wrote:

thanks man thats what i was thinking, thats why i was saying no to demo's and glory's.

im thinking that even the six is too much bike for winnipeg, but thats why i have a bmx for whittier and komenda etc.
no the six will be perfect. maby put some hammershmits on it?

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 at 14:38 Quote
maybe if your rich bud^^^
but get a dhx 5.0 air on the six and all you need is good pressure and propedal on and it will ride better for going to and from whitter
the six is a am/ L fr bike so it will be alright and pedal better then the bottlerocket
or another bike save up over the winter and get the empire five like me
photo

5 inches for travel but im putting fox dhx air 5.0 and van 36 r's on it

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 at 15:45 Quote
csuderman wrote:
yeah id love a bottle rocket but theyre crazy expensive. arent big hits like 7-8" rear travel?

i believe soo but i mean i havent had the time to get to too many big mountains this year so ive just been riding around town and theyre great!

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 at 15:54 Quote
yea the six would be right up your alley man... even the the new empire 5 would work for you good too... the six is a better trail bike though

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 at 17:30 Quote
That-Norco-Dude wrote:
yea the six would be right up your alley man... even the the new empire 5 would work for you good too... the six is a better trail bike though

yeah i like the six

if i were to consider the empire five then it would open a whole nother lineup of bikes, 5" rear travel, (bass, cowan ds, double etc.) those of which i cant afford

i think the six would be the right bike for me, and ill have a bmx, and a scrap which i might be getting a cheap p3 frame. so i think im set Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018710
Mobile Version of Website