My orange patriot 7+ anyone like it.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
My orange patriot 7+ anyone like it.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 at 19:22 Quote
well here it is, this is my dream bike come to life, it is a 2005 orange patriot 7+ frame direct from factory this year, 5ht element soon to be switched out for elka stage 5 or cane creek double barel, totem solo air 1.5, race face diabolus bars,cranks and D2 stem, dmr v12mag pedals, mag 30s laced on to chris king iso in orange, orange 1.5 chris king headset, avid code 7 brakes, sram x0 shifting group, etheirteen chain guide in white.

still debating on swaping out the totem for a 40 in white, and get white codes.
getting a white sdg ti fly seat.
photo

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 at 19:24 Quote
I'm liking the spec but The frame is to bland for me.

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 at 20:17 Quote
beaterhard wrote:
I'm liking the spec but The frame is to bland for me.
what do u mean by bland? im not femiliar with that term.

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 at 20:41 Quote
I think he is nicely saying it's ugly. White Fox 40 would be in better proportion to the frame.

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 at 20:43 Quote
Might also want to swap out the 5th Element and boat anchor rims.

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 6:13 Quote
igz- wrote:
Might also want to swap out the 5th Element and boat anchor rims.
bikes only 37 pounds, so why not have some tuff rims, i dont understand what u mean by heavy, the wheels are the same weight as demaxs i have weighted them

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 6:14 Quote
nortorcycle wrote:
I think he is nicely saying it's ugly. White Fox 40 would be in better proportion to the frame.

concidering this bike came stock with sherman breakouts in 05, i figured the 40s would be a lilte to much. so i bought the totems for now.

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 7:47 Quote
Don't call me a dumbf*ck.

Those rims are over 850g a piece which is a f*cking joke.

There is not a single Mavic around 850g at all.

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 8:00 Quote
igz- wrote:

alright your not very bright are u, go to the mavic site a set a deemax wheels weight in at 2160g,

so u say the mag 30s weight 850 a hoop witch im pretty sure is rong but if they were anyway those chris king hubs are 160g for the front and 305g for a rear iso 135 then if he used dt swiss double butted or even just dt champion spokes thats another 330g with spoke nipples.
thats about 2495g, thats pretty f*ckin close, concidering the deetrax is 2260g for the pair.

so this kid is sacraficing some 200 grams some of the strongest wheels and hubs on the planet. wtf is your point, their not crazy heavy what so ever, and infact they are lighter than some of the older mavics.

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 8:03 Quote
Deemax is not a good wheelset. The hubs are garbage. You're an idiot, you really are.

Front CK is 207g for one.
Rear 135 is 336g. Get your weights right.
And Mag30's are 850g a piece.

You can make a way the hell lighter wheel without sacrificing much strength at all.

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 8:03 Quote
igz- wrote:

i weighed them without rim tape, they have double butted spokes, and the rear hub has the stainless drive shell upgrade from ck, the weight is exactly 2207g on the dot. anyway lets keep this thread out of the shiter. if you don't like my bike then f*ck off since no one cares what u have to say.

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 14:45 Quote
igz- wrote:
Deemax is not a good wheelset. The hubs are garbage. You're an idiot, you really are.

Front CK is 207g for one.
Rear 135 is 336g. Get your weights right.
And Mag30's are 850g a piece.

You can make a way the hell lighter wheel without sacrificing much strength at all.

well actualy the rear iso 150 is 336 g, so how can the iso 135 be the same weight. they run the same drive sheel, but ones is larger axel and larger body to acomadate the wider hub. i have weighed the iso 134 it is 306 grames, i know the site says else but u need to agree with me on the fact that the 135mm iso is definitly lighter then the 150, think about it. even so he already mentioned his wheels are about the same weight as deemaxs. and whos to say their are many other wheels as strong as the mag 30s. the mag 30s are tanks in my opinions.

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 15:09 Quote
your bikes awesome man! I don't get how the hell its lighter than my banshee either?!?!?Eek

I wouldn't change anything on it except what you've suggested for the saddle, it looks kick ass already!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011344
Mobile Version of Website