What bike is good for whistler

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
What bike is good for whistler
Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 16:27 Quote
i dont even want a demo so why r u talking about it how its a dh or fr bike, im either going to buy a wilson 1 or a sx trail 1

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 16:28 Quote
stinky454 wrote:
i dont even want a demo so why r u talking about it how its a dh or fr bike, im either going to buy a wilson 1 or a sx trail 1
just dont get anything used.

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 16:29 Quote
go for the sx trail 1 it is more versatile and I think it would be more fun. Plus you can ride dh and fr on a 5.5 to 6.7 inch travel bike and have just as much fun as a downhill bike.

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 16:31 Quote
ya thanks even if i did get the wilson i would buy single crowns plus ya the sx trail seems way better because the wilson seems really big and heavy like a dh bike but the sx trail is lighter and less travel which is good becuz i dont need 8 inches of travel

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 16:32 Quote
I'm only 100 pounds and rip up double black diamond trails up at whistler and can still do jumps and stuff. But I'm upgrading my coil shock dhx 3.0 coil up to a fox dhx air 5.0

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 16:34 Quote
On my GIANT REIGN X1

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 17:48 Quote
sounds sick ya i cant wait to get a freakin sx trail

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 17:50 Quote
i cant wait to rail dirt merchant on my new empire 5

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 12:45 Quote
i wish i could go to whistlerFrown

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 18:04 Quote
well u cant so suck it!!!!!

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 18:08 Quote
stinky454 wrote:
well u cant so suck it!!!!!
woooow big guy ehh?? that's why we have whore's and girlfriends to suck itWink

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 11:25 Quote
Hey guys,

I'm gonna be moving to whistler for a year next April and not sure whether to sell my sx trail and buy something a bit bigger travel in Canada or keep my sx trail and fly it over...

My SXT has just survived a season in the French Alps and I've been told that the alps are way more of a bike killer than Whistler by people who have spent 2 seasons in Whistler. Anyone spent time in both Whistler and Portes Du Soleil in the Alps?

Any help would be good as I'm thinking upgrading to a Demo 8 and going more DH than Freeride, heres my bike currently setup for the alps, only change is I have now got wider bars (750mm Funn Fatboy), running road cassette and rear mech and got highrollers front and back

photo

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 11:47 Quote
anything 6 in and above will do just fine at whistler. From a reign X or Sx trail to a V10. I say 6 and above because my bike worked amazing at whistler and it has 6in of rear travel

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 13:15 Quote
you'll be fine on that bike.

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 19:44 Quote
dirtjumpin wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm gonna be moving to whistler for a year next April and not sure whether to sell my sx trail and buy something a bit bigger travel in Canada or keep my sx trail and fly it over...

My SXT has just survived a season in the French Alps and I've been told that the alps are way more of a bike killer than Whistler by people who have spent 2 seasons in Whistler. Anyone spent time in both Whistler and Portes Du Soleil in the Alps?

Any help would be good as I'm thinking upgrading to a Demo 8 and going more DH than Freeride, heres my bike currently setup for the alps, only change is I have now got wider bars (750mm Funn Fatboy), running road cassette and rear mech and got highrollers front and back

photo

demo 7. great mix between the sxt and demo. downhills better than the sx trail, and takes much larger hits than both, but still jumps way better than the demo 8.

might want to look at the giant faith for 2010. similar style aswell with the cove shocker.

basically any 7-8 inch travel bike that is based around a 180mm singlecrown will be perfect.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014674
Mobile Version of Website