Tell me if I'm crazy... HAMMERSHMIT

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Tell me if I'm crazy... HAMMERSHMIT
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 10:38 Quote
not that id do it, but what would happen if you put a Hammershmit DJ crank(i know that that's imaginary, but consider my opinion) and a single speed rear on a DJ bike. wouldn't that be the best of both worlds? a cruising and "pinner" gear??? the title says it all, tell me if I'm crazy.

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 10:50 Quote
dude that sounds sick to me, i dont see why it wouldint work either!

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 10:54 Quote
I know someone will correct if I'm wrong, but if you did that you'd have a good jumping gear, than the other would be way too high or way too low. It will fit but for $700 you could do other things.

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 11:02 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
I know someone will correct if I'm wrong, but if you did that you'd have a good jumping gear, than the other would be way too high or way too low. It will fit but for $700 you could do other things.
well, you'd have a good jumping gear, and a good cruising gear that would be too low for DJ because if they made a DJ version, they would make a decent 2 gear platform. . 700$ is inaccurate because in my idea truvativ would make a cheaper, stronger heavier set. when or if they take this idea, they will be much cheaper because the public will realize how simple it is. that hundreds of companies will make their own version and therefor, be much cheaper. i know everyone's gunna rant because im only 13 but im just throwing my opinion out there.

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 11:06 Quote
sounds like a sick idea!

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 11:09 Quote
Hopefully no one will rat on you because of your age. The tolerances for a set-up like that are quite tight, making costs increase. The tendency now is to go lighter, not heavier. While economies of scale make components cheaper, how much cheaper will it have to be to meet with your concept.

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 11:16 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
Hopefully no one will rat on you because of your age.
lol Salute

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 11:45 Quote
They will undoubtedly come down in price, however they will never be a 300 dollar crankset with everything included.

It would be a good idea, but I have a feeling that your second gear would be way to far out of place to be of much use for the price you pay, but who knows.

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 11:45 Quote
They're available for $600 already which is well below msrp.

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 11:57 Quote
idk exactly what the gearing is but if your running a dj hub with driver/cassete you could definatly get decent gearing by changing the rear cog/driver size 2 find the range you want.... i think it would work great i just dont have 700 layin around 2 try it out lol

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 at 20:41 Quote
sorry to gravedig.
but someone thats a local to our shop just did it to his p2. its SOOO SWEET. best idea if you have the money. im planning on buying one for my demo. i got to ride it. its soo smooth, so quick, and it always perfectly engages. its very cool

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008243
Mobile Version of Website