Santa cruz V10 or Intense M6?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Santa cruz V10 or Intense M6?
O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2008 at 19:26 Quote
the Devinci Wilson is super flexy, i saw a guy who has the Wilson push the seat and the back wheel from side to side and man did it flex.

Posted: Nov 13, 2008 at 19:39 Quote
BarqsRootBEEEEEEER wrote:
joetabo wrote:
CorollaRWD wrote:
V10 is lighter frame wise. If you are really tall go for a V10 as the large is 24.8 TT length other than that I would and did go for the M6 mainly because I think the leverage ratio is super high on the V10, 2.8 stroke with 10 inch compared with M6 3.5 and 9.1 inches, it makes it easier to set up. I had a 2006 and 2008 DHR before and loved them but the M6 is a step above both frames and I only went for the excellent revox rather than CCDB

Thanks for all your kindly replies to me!
I think i will prefer the M6 with CCDB, but just afraid that as my friends said the "painting" on M6 was not so good...as they said it's no "undercover coating" for Intense.
So once you got a crush, the painting around will also be embroiled....Eek
nah

like i said man, you have like a 20% chance of getting the m6 right now. they are not taking any more orders.

Posted: Nov 13, 2008 at 19:40 Quote
PHIL198 wrote:
photo

get this
thats a sick color wow.

im getting sams suspension but my paint is works blue. its one of there new kinds havent seen a pic of it yet tho.

Posted: Nov 13, 2008 at 19:43 Quote
d-hracer wrote:
PHIL198 wrote:
photo

get this
thats a sick color wow.

im getting sams suspension but my paint is works blue. its one of there new kinds havent seen a pic of it yet tho.
So the same colour as my old M3? thats works blue.
photo

Posted: Nov 13, 2008 at 19:51 Quote
d-hracer wrote:
BarqsRootBEEEEEEER wrote:
joetabo wrote:

Thanks for all your kindly replies to me!
I think i will prefer the M6 with CCDB, but just afraid that as my friends said the "painting" on M6 was not so good...as they said it's no "undercover coating" for Intense.
So once you got a crush, the painting around will also be embroiled....Eek
nah

like i said man, you have like a 20% chance of getting the m6 right now. they are not taking any more orders.

That is complete bullshit. It's not even 2009 yet and you're telling me they stopped taking orders...

Posted: Nov 13, 2008 at 21:00 Quote
dude, for the m6 for example they dont mass produce them, especially intense unlike other companies that can mass produce everything and lots of it. so you have to sorta do a pre-order something like that. but look you might still have a chance at getting one im not saying theres no way but you will be very lucky. because they are getting the frames ready right now. thats what im told by a shop, who went to interbike and talked to the guys and thats what they told him... soo im just passing along this little message. like i saved 400$ on mine cuz i paid early. and now they would charge regular price most likely.

I know I right to much. haha

Posted: Nov 13, 2008 at 21:01 Quote
peach wrote:
d-hracer wrote:
PHIL198 wrote:
photo

get this
thats a sick color wow.

So the same colour as my old M3? thats works blue.
photo

damn.... im starting to have second thoughts now.. maybe i should have gotten the white. the works is cool but the white one with the CCDB is just amazing. looks so good. but i dont know if i can change now.
ill call the dealer tomorrow.

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2008 at 21:13 Quote
both these bikes have VPP so you cant go wrong. find a dealer and try both to see how you like them. also i hear that the v10 has like 4in of sag. ive ridden a v20 slightly on dirt and they kick ass, but ive never seriously raced/ridden either of these

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 16:05 Quote
Mine is works blue, the paint work is really really good with my bike. Pics dont do it justice. Works blue, is the works raw frame with a trans blue clear coat over it, one of the nicest colours for sure.

photo

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 16:09 Quote
personally i would choose the Intense M6. my neighbor has two and there absolutely stunning looking and she swears by them. judging by your profile picture, it looks like you are leaning to the V10 though.

your better off making your own decision, read some reviews, maybe even try to find one in a store and see if you like the feel of it. 95% of the people that will post on this thread have probably never even sat on an M6 or V10 and are just basing it on what looks better.

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 16:15 Quote
graf4life wrote:
get this Wink

photo

Wilsons are great, but you've been posting your bike everywhere now. i know your probably excited you got a bike you probably saved up a year for, but post it in the right threads (e.g. post your Devinci, Post your DH bike). its pretty clear he wants a VPP bike.

nice Wilson anyways though Wink

patmcc wrote:
the Devinci Wilson is super flexy, i saw a guy who has the Wilson push the seat and the back wheel from side to side and man did it flex.

they aren't THAT flexy. he either had something extremely wrong with his frame or your over exaggerating badly. that would mean every time you landed a little crooked from doing a whip your bike would snap. I've ridden one. they are a bit flexy, but what do you want from one of the lightest frames on the market.

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 20:46 Quote
odin333 wrote:
graf4life wrote:
get this Wink

photo

Wilsons are great, but you've been posting your bike everywhere now. i know your probably excited you got a bike you probably saved up a year for, but post it in the right threads (e.g. post your Devinci, Post your DH bike). its pretty clear he wants a VPP bike.

nice Wilson anyways though Wink

patmcc wrote:

they aren't THAT flexy. he either had something extremely wrong with his frame or your over exaggerating badly. that would mean every time you landed a little crooked from doing a whip your bike would snap. I've ridden one. they are a bit flexy, but what do you want from one of the lightest frames on the market.

i have a sunday frame which is light and stiff

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 23:50 Quote
odin333 wrote:
personally i would choose the Intense M6. my neighbor has two and there absolutely stunning looking and she swears by them. judging by your profile picture, it looks like you are leaning to the V10 though.

your better off making your own decision, read some reviews, maybe even try to find one in a store and see if you like the feel of it. 95% of the people that will post on this thread have probably never even sat on an M6 or V10 and are just basing it on what looks better.

Thanks all! Hi "odin333"...lucky, i made the same decision with u, i've went to those bike shop in HK last night and i was crazy with the M6 already...think that i will get it in X'mas with white color & CCDB.
Actually, i've tried the new V10 and M3...both of them were great...but i m really like the M6 much more...haha...however, the price different is HKD$7000...:P
Anyway, hope i can get my M6 and will post my new bike here soon...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021842
Mobile Version of Website