Best Fox forks for dirt and street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Best Fox forks for dirt and street
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 at 12:38 Quote
What are the best Fox forks for Dirt and Street? Looking for a fox fork in black with around 100mm and adjustability.

Thanks

James

Posted: Nov 19, 2008 at 12:39 Quote
No.

Get a Rockshox Pike. It is black, Can be U-Turned down to 95mm and has greay adjustment options.

Posted: Nov 19, 2008 at 12:47 Quote
If the guy wants fox then its probably for a reason... like, they're better!

If you want a Qr or 15mm axle then get the 32 Vanilla or Floats and lower them (its easy to do! - alternatively get the TALAS) If not get some 36's so you can run 20mm front axle, any which way you can have 100mm of travel, I'd go for the RC2 or RLC model (depending on stanchions dia) for full adjustability options.

Just don't get the 'F' series models (32mm stanchion only) as they are xc specific!

Posted: Nov 19, 2008 at 12:53 Quote
Thanks

I don't mean to sound lasy but could you post me a link? I have tryed looking at the Fox website but it's so confusing.

Thanks

James

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 at 13:03 Quote
Float 36 will be stiff as all hell and weighs less than 5 pounds. Or the 32 would be good too.
Float 32

float 36

Links don't work.

Posted: Nov 19, 2008 at 13:15 Quote
Foxs product lineup is much simpler than Rockshox' or Marzocchi's as they don't bother with flooding their product line-up with crappy restricted versions of their forks as an excuse to put a higher mark-up on their better stuff (which Rockshox and Marzocchi still have made in Taiwan!).

Fox's lineup is divided into 4 main categories, F-series (xc), 32 series (short travel all purpose), 36 series (longer travel, heavier riding, all purpose) and the 40mm's dual crowns for dh riding.

Then you have 2 spring types, 2 damping options and 2 travel adjustment types for each of the 32 and 36 categories.

32mm stanchions - QR or new 15mm axles only, 100-140mm (110-150mm with TALAS 150)
36mm stanchions - QR20mm only, 100-160mm, also have internally adjustable bottom out resistance.

Float = Air spring / internal travel adjust
Vanilla = Coil spring / internal travel adjust
TALAS = Air spring / external travel adjust

R = Rebound damping adjust only - factory set compression damping
RC2 (36 only) = Rebound & Hi/lo Compression adjust
RLC (32 only) = Rebound, Lockout with Threshold adjust, Lo speed Damping adjust

Hope this helps you make a decision on what you want/need; I would recommend getting a low speed compression adjustment or lockout version for dj/street riding.

EDIT - if you want black then the Vanilla coil forks are your only option!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008571
Mobile Version of Website