Whats a good dh race bike that wont break the bank

PB Forum :: Downhill
Whats a good dh race bike that wont break the bank
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 17:37 Quote
ill sell you an '06 Gaint Faith 2? pm me ill send pics if you want it. its in good condition and mad cheep

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 17:48 Quote
No advertising on forums. I think you could also race on a pimped up Reign. Like add boxxers and you are set...

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 17:59 Quote
my appologies. didnt know. but i agree with person above ^. thats always a sick set up.

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 18:05 Quote
If you don't require a large check out downcycles.com for 2008 DHi frameset $1600 with specific chainguide or 2008 Sunday Expert $2300 complete. I just bought a brand new 08 Sunday WC from these guys and they are super nice and go out of their way to help you and have loooow prices. AJ is a super nice guy.

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
tefiii2005 wrote:
If you don't require a large check out downcycles.com for 2008 DHi frameset $1600 with specific chainguide or 2008 Sunday Expert $2300 complete. I just bought a brand new 08 Sunday WC from these guys and they are super nice and go out of their way to help you and have loooow prices. AJ is a super nice guy.
hey thanks for the link, deffinatly somthin to conciderm those pricese are defintly insane, but what ive narrowed it down to is aither a mongoose boot'r team, demo 8, or a brodie devo, the glory is up in the $5k mark and i just dont have enough $. the reason i'm concidering a brodie is cause i've pretty much owned brodies all my life and love them. my fav is the nemisis. also i get massive discounts cuz mah dad has been long time friends with paul brodie, the owner.l and also the new 2010 frame desighn is absolutly insane, and there coming out somtime when the new boxxers come out.

what do u guys think i should do, wait till the new brodies come out and test ride them all. or f*ck brodie and go with a boot'r or a demo

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 20:29 Quote
gnartail wrote:
A Scott Gambler! its for sale!
photo

photo

photo

photo

hey dont rule this out!

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 20:35 Quote
mr-eric wrote:
tefiii2005 wrote:
hey thanks for the link, deffinatly somthin to conciderm those pricese are defintly insane, but what ive narrowed it down to is aither a mongoose boot'r team, demo 8, or a brodie devo, the glory is up in the $5k mark and i just dont have enough $. the reason i'm concidering a brodie is cause i've pretty much owned brodies all my life and love them. my fav is the nemisis. also i get massive discounts cuz mah dad has been long time friends with paul brodie, the owner.l and also the new 2010 frame desighn is absolutly insane, and there coming out somtime when the new boxxers come out.

what do u guys think i should do, wait till the new brodies come out and test ride them all. or f*ck brodie and go with a boot'r or a demo

best yet, What does your LBS sell? It might be better go get on good terms with them and they could possibly get you a discount.. and its awesome to support your LBS... like if you show them that your loyal to them, in the long run, it will be better to have a shop to go to.

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 20:41 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
mr-eric wrote:
tefiii2005 wrote:

best yet, What does your LBS sell? It might be better go get on good terms with them and they could possibly get you a discount.. and its awesome to support your LBS... like if you show them that your loyal to them, in the long run, it will be better to have a shop to go to.
i would check out the devinci wilsons. im also kind of in the same boat as you and i realized for my size/weight and how often i actually ride lift assisted stuff etc im probably just gonna get a reign x1 or a jamis dakar xam2

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 20:43 Quote
Jcarelse wrote:
Mongoose bott'r team\http://www.mongoose.com/mtn/ProductDetails.html?id=2761&enc=mtn|6
do you know how to get mongooses in canada? cuz last time i checked they didnt deal in canada

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 20:45 Quote
meh there is ways, some shops carry em. The thing is, is that they are never mongoose "retailers" they are "resellers" because generally they buy em off a shop or site in the states so they aren't on the mongoose site....

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 20:45 Quote
demo 8, sunday factory, transition blindside, giant glory, kona stab, santa cruz bullit or slightly used v10, boot'r, chumba f5, flatline, shocker or g-spot, slight used session 10 or 88 since those are over 5 grand new, norco a-line or team dh, orange 224

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 20:46 Quote
nishnash wrote:
meh there is ways, some shops carry em. The thing is, is that they are never mongoose "retailers" they are "resellers" because generally they buy em off a shop or site in the states so they aren't on the mongoose site....
ok ye i heard that you could maybe order them in through zellers LOL but i dunno if thats true

Posted: Nov 21, 2008 at 9:55 Quote
Yeah Demo 8 is a killer ride if you don't need a long cock pit like I do at 6'4". Also, it has 135mm rear hub spacing so my wheelset would not have worked. That is the only reason I didn't go with one.

I cannot remember which site it was but you can probably google it. I found brand new 2008 Kona Stab Supremes for $1999.

If I were you, I would go with what you can afford that does what you need it to do. The Demo 8, Sunday WC, Glory DH, Kona Stab Supreme and GT Dhi are all excellent bikes and with the exception of the Demo 8 you can find them brand new w/ warranty right now for great price ranging $1500 - $2000. Some stores on ebay had the Glory DH in 16.5 brand new for a good price too. If you need a large frame tho good luck!

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 at 20:55 Quote
dezim wrote:
nishnash wrote:
ok ye i heard that you could maybe order them in through zellers LOL but i dunno if thats true
Actually, it could very well be a possiblity! No harm in trying.....

Posted: Nov 21, 2008 at 23:46 Quote
ok, i was just wondering what was so good about the giant glory. its a awesome bike but is it really worth the $. what exactly does maestro do. to me it looks like a pretty kona stinky. the kona stinky uses very large linkage bars to get the travel it wants. the glory uses the same type of linkage bars but modifies the downtube to fit the maestro. what maestro does is give the large amount of travel with little linkage bars. does maestro do things like the freedrive system like on the boot'r.what i'm gettin at is, is the glory that good of a bike. yes i know it has a awesome spec list but does it make a differnce, only by a couple of pounds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019278
Mobile Version of Website