The Ultimate Trails In GB

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
The Ultimate Trails In GB
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 8:55 Quote
Hi guys
Here in the UK we have some of the best trails in the world. I was just wondering what do you think are the best trails in the UK.
Heres the best I've ridden:
Carron Valley-Red
Glentress-Red(includes spooky wood)
Fort William-World Champs
Laggan Wolftrax

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 9:08 Quote
I don't really travel far to ride so my fav trails are the local ones in west cumbria and then all around the Lake District, keswick (skiddaw), grizedale, haven't ridden whinlatter yet..

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 10:57 Quote
Down south the best places are Surry hills and Swinley forest.
But the best place i have been is Afan and Brecfa in south wales that was amazing.

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 11:03 Quote
did dalbeattie and mabie in september and would have to say dalbeattie,although neither were ideal on a freeride bike.

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 11:07 Quote
aint got anything specal were i live but weve got a place called avill and combe syd the bothe get raced (bythe way their in somerset)

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 11:08 Quote
marquis wrote:
did dalbeattie and mabie in september and would have to say dalbeattie,although neither were ideal on a freeride bike.

yeah, i did mabie in the last school holidays with my mates on DH bikes and i would not like to do it again! its more of a hardtail/slopestyle/XC bike spot....

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 13:00 Quote
best i've ridden

Ae forest (DH and The Shredder)
Fort William DH
Wharncliffe
Silton
Hamsterly

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 13:06 Quote
marquis wrote:

dalbeattie is the definitttion of hell look it up n your dictionary but mabie aint bad on a FR bike due to its length

oh ye as well Glentress Inners all of em Smile

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 13:15 Quote
dalby forest, red route

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 13:39 Quote
Golspie 'fo sho'

Laggan, Glentress, Inners, Ae, Mabie, Dunkeld, Kiroghtree (sp?), Dalbeatie, Hamsterly, Cwm Carn, Inverness Mast, Balnain bike park, Afan...

and of course Fort William

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 13:40 Quote
ArgosKickersRule wrote:
marquis wrote:

dalbeattie is the definitttion of hell look it up n your dictionary but mabie aint bad on a FR bike due to its length

lol i thnik i walked 20 kilometers of it,went out in dalbeattie for a drink on the night and met the dude that designed it so was well happy.

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 at 23:09 Quote
marquis wrote:
ArgosKickersRule wrote:
marquis wrote:

lol i thnik i walked 20 kilometers of it,went out in dalbeattie for a drink on the night and met the dude that designed it so was well happy.
nice

Posted: Nov 21, 2008 at 4:38 Quote
Anderz wrote:
marquis wrote:
ArgosKickersRule wrote:

nice

it was better than sliding on my arse down the terrible twins.lol

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 14:30 Quote
I'll try and put these in order of faves.

Glentress
Whinlatter
Ae
Kirroughtree
Innerlithien
Laggan Wolftrax (Black Route even though it took chunks out of me)
Laggan Wolftrax (Red)
Kielder (about to get £800,000 revamp so may rise up the charts)
Dalby (Was once higher but full of idiotic biking dog walkers now....)
Fort William (XC Course only)
Grizedale Forest (too short)
Cannock Chase (too short)
Carron Valley (too short)
Hamsterly (not including DH or 4X)

Been a long time since I have been to Wales so not rating them until next years trips!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010994
Mobile Version of Website