MTB's most pointless and failed products.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
MTB's most pointless and failed products.
FL
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:44 Quote
bighitryda88 wrote:
its a pointless thing to make.. riding a mountain bike without a fork is like riding a bmx with shocks. its just lame and i knew all you tools would hate on me for saying it but i dont care because its true. Ride a bmx and then a mtb with a rigid and yu will be ashamed of yourself for being so dumb as to have owned a mountain bike with rigids.

i disagree. i dont ride rigid. but there is a big difference of sizin between bmx and mtb oviously. and i know that i for one, can not ride a bmx. it just feels way to small and crammed. plus, this is just my opinion, but tricks on a bmx dont look as sweet cuz the person is so big next to the bike, and if i see a tail whip on a bmx, i always think, " its much easier on a bmx" i cant help that. but ppl like being able to learn tricks easily on bmx, and thats why ppl ride them.

hamina777 wrote:
Eh, still a fail thread Razz
The title is called MTB's most pointless and failed products.

Tell me how stiff that lefty fork feels after riding it through something like this.
photo

I guarentee you, you'll change your mind.

hamina777 wrote:
agreed

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:45 Quote
lol @ people getting made who have the part someone else called shitty and failure

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:50 Quote
martin soderstrom is an awsome street rider and rider in genral

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:54 Quote
bunkey0207 wrote:
igz- wrote:
lol @ people getting made who have the part someone else called shitty and failure
i like my pedals, i will stand by them thank you very much Razz
but i think where we draw the line of no return is twenty6 or straitline's, way to good, then were we feel sorry for riders is when they buy v8's, 5050's, or hussfelts.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 17:07 Quote
foxmtbing wrote:
hamina777 wrote:

Tell me how stiff that lefty fork feels after riding it through something like this.
photo

You need to realize that the lefty isnt intended for that! They ride great for all mountain/xc/doing an endo inside a bikeshop purposes!

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 17:12 Quote
I knew this thread wasn't going to last long... Blank Stare

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 17:13 Quote
Pointless and failed huh? (Well, more like really, really crappy, but still.) Two words, Maverick suspension. Need I say more?

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 17:14 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
Pointless and failed huh? (Well, more like really, really crappy, but still.) Two words, Maverick suspension. Need I say more?

Hip Hip Hooray for the world's flexiest fork!

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 17:14 Quote
hawskill wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:
hamina777 wrote:

photo

You need to realize that the lefty isnt intended for that! They ride great for all mountain/xc/doing an endo inside a bikeshop purposes!

You need to realize why this argument started. The post was [Quoten]That's your opinion. I think they look kinda sick.

They are way way stiffer, I know they don't look like it. Until I rode my friend's Rush through a rock garden I thought they were noodly lumps of shit.

While they are just a Cannondale gimmick, they don't work badly. Therefore, not a fail.[/Quoten]

Sure you can say its stiff for all mountain and xc. But come on, how stiff does a fork really have to be for that type of riding. I mean if you "Rush through a rock garden" it should be pretty stiff.

So I showed him a picture of a rock garden to rush through.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 17:17 Quote
foxmtbing wrote:
hawskill wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:
snip
snip
snip
bigquotessnip

Sure you can say its stiff for all mountain and xc. But come on, how stiff does a fork really have to be for that type of riding. I mean if you "Rush through a rock garden" it should be pretty stiff.

You do know that the Rush is a model Cannondale makes right?

Anyways, let this die already. Some people like it, some don't. Leave it at that.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 17:17 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:
hawskill wrote:
snip
snip
bigquotessnip

You do know that the Rush is a model Cannondale makes right?

Anyways, let this die already. Some people like it, some don't. Leave it at that.

Yeah I know. I was just joking around.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 17:22 Quote
norcodropvps wrote:
i have truvativ husafeller padals what is wrong with them
I have a pair on my XC bike. partially my fault because i wore my greasy work shoes on them, but they have no grip. And the one siezed, but once again my fault, I used the bike for lake jumping...

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 17:26 Quote
I think a pretty pointless thing are thoose 1 sided forks
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.cyclelicio.us/uploaded_images/cdal-folder-front-786386.jpgUnsecure image, only https images allowed: http://planetarycycles.com/images/library/site/can_6rush_tr__06_p.jpg

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019045
Mobile Version of Website