Sucky beginner

• Previous Page
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 22:18 Quote
hey guys pretty much new to the world of dirt jumping...built a few jumps but i dont get any air off them. could probably put a video on to show how sucky i am although that could be emaressing. i live on a farm a long way away from any "real" dirt jumps... jus wondering whether you reckon its my technique, my bike, my jumps or something else thats not letting me get any where...any help would be great...the bike ive got is just a hardtail mountain bike i think 24" thanks again
Views: 561    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 22:48 Quote
maybe post a pic of the jump

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 22:59 Quote
probably the easiest way would be to post a video

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 23:21 Quote
ya u can pretty much jump any bike just show pics/vids

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 23:22 Quote
cheethamz17 wrote:
how?
take vid upload to my vids go to profile then add vids browse find and click then upload then say post message then click the 4th from last icon and copy and paste the code off the vid

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 23:25 Quote
Just practice. Everyone sucks when they start off.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 10:01 Quote
first of all the jump is way to small

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 10:25 Quote
ROFLMAO I just watched the video. I had to press the play button 40 more times just to laugh longer, man that was hilarious.

The jump's not too small. Hit it with more speed. Get comfy with it. Then build a bigger one.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 12:52 Quote
put more effort in! you look like your just crusing over it.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 19:26 Quote
that isnt very nice. i posted it to get help not to get laughed at...i am a girl thank you very much...

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 19:40 Quote
cheethamz17 wrote:
that isnt very nice. i posted it to get help not to get laughed at...i am a girl thank you very much...

Look up the bikeskills videos. There is a section on dirt jumping. Short of that, get really comfy with the bike, and learn to really stand up and pop a jump instead of plowing it. The vid doesnt show very much, its really hard to see what actually went on.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 19:48 Quote
since no one gave you any real tips, here's what you SHOULD do if you want some more air -> pull up, give a nice quick tug on the bars as you roll over the jump and after your back wheel leaves the jump tuck your legs in. You should be able to get more air even with such a small jump

- if you're already doing this just do it more

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 19:48 Quote
cheethamz17 wrote:

Dont get discouraged, everyone starts somewhere. Once you've had enough with that jump try digging a bigger one with a longer gap so you can get used to something just a little bigger.

Maybe also try posting something in your appropriate regional forum so you can ride a bit with some more experienced riders, that will make it a lot faster to learn new techniques and skills.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 20:34 Quote
Try compressing your body(bend your legs)as you aproach jump,as you go over jump stand up.The goal is to time it so you are fully standing up as you leave the highest part of the jump.Just kind of pop your body up,bike will follow.Its hard to tell from the video but it looks like you allready have the basic hang of it,just keep practicing.Also learn bunny hops,the motion is the same.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017651
Mobile Version of Website