The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 1:28 Quote
marcusd09 wrote:
ChrisTunn wrote:
bat-fastard wrote:

morgins lift is meant to running this year, turn right half way down where trails meet into trees, then the blacks in chatel like bike patrol and couple beside it are steep techy. Champery wc track has been reworked Smile

Awesome I'll check it out. I'm just riding a Transition Patrol but it'll get through most stuff

Send super morzine full throttle tup

Hahha I've seen Archies videos on the same bike so I've got no excuse. All the stuff looks more mind over matter than anything.

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 4:59 Quote
ChrisTunn wrote:
marcusd09 wrote:
ChrisTunn wrote:

Awesome I'll check it out. I'm just riding a Transition Patrol but it'll get through most stuff

Hahha I've seen Archies videos on the same bike so I've got no excuse. All the stuff looks more mind over matter than anything.

Bones mend press send and all that Razz just switch the head off lol. May see you out there this season, planning to do a season

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 5:26 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:
ChrisTunn wrote:
marcusd09 wrote:

Bones mend press send and all that Razz just switch the head off lol. May see you out there this season, planning to do a season

I'll try and go with that mantra, enjoyed your videos though. All i've done is spent my time on youtube checking all the runs. You run a coil or just stock?

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 6:33 Quote
DwnhillLad wrote:
Headed out in 2016 for a month, the riding is just another level, looking to try head out again this summer, anyone got any ideas about cheap accommodation, looking to stay for about a month?

Cheers

Try some of the Morzine FB pages like Flatshare and the Morzine crew one and ask around, Ive done whole summer last 2 years and hope to again this year, last 2 I ended up with small flat in Montriond which was ideal.

Might be up for sharing if youre interested.

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 15:07 Quote
ChrisTunn wrote:
ArchieDH wrote:
ChrisTunn wrote:

I'll try and go with that mantra, enjoyed your videos though. All i've done is spent my time on youtube checking all the runs. You run a coil or just stock?

Just stock airshock dude. Quite firm however

Posted: Feb 2, 2018 at 11:50 Quote
Does anybody know of any Downhill or Enduro races within a reasonable distance from Morzine? Based there from late June to the end of the season, Wont have any transport but I would like to try get a few races done.

Posted: Feb 2, 2018 at 18:16 Quote
Check the ixs downhill cup (there is the European Cup and then the DHC in 2018, the DHC is domestic series for Switzerland and Germany). Some rounds in Switzerland arent that far from morzine. Then look up the Coupe de France races, theres 4 this year some near Morzine i think. Then also there will be a few poorly advertised french regional races too. The french stuff is probably all on the FCF website

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 6:44 Quote
Roguee wrote:
Does anybody know of any Downhill or Enduro races within a reasonable distance from Morzine? Based there from late June to the end of the season, Wont have any transport but I would like to try get a few races done.

Yes they do the IXS DH Series in Les Gets down Mont Chery (a purpose built track), its same time as Crankworx so mid june.. watched it in 2016. There will be various mates races and whip off comps at Pleney & Super M too.

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 6:47 Quote
Crankworx - https://www.crankworx.com/festival/les-gets/ (Bit later this year Smile

I cant see any mention of Les Gets for this years IXS Frown - https://www.ixsdownhillcup.com/en/ but it mentions it here > https://www.crankworx.com/event-fr/crankworx-les-gets-downhill/

June 20-23

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 7:00 Quote
Cwx Les Gets DH is 21-23 June this year I think

Posted: Mar 25, 2018 at 4:16 Quote
Hi, I just booked my first trip to Morzine (excited!).
I have a new Rocky Mountain Instinct and I ride rough trail and all mountain with a few jumps here and there.
My question is, should I rent a DH bike (never rode one yet), rent an aggressive long travel enduro bike, or bring my Instinct (140mm travel). Would the instinct be enough to handle Morzine?
I don't intend on going crazy with drops and huge jump but my group are all going DH.
Thanks!

Posted: Mar 25, 2018 at 4:23 Quote
didinishlis wrote:
I have a new Rocky Mountain Instinct and I ride rough trail and all mountain with a few jumps here and there.
My question is, should I rent a DH bike (never rode one yet), rent an aggressive long travel enduro bike, or bring my Instinct (140mm travel). Would the instinct be enough to handle Morzine?
I don't intend on going crazy with drops and huge jump but my group are all going DH.
Thanks!
The instinct will be fine. I take my enduro and DH bike and I find myself on the enduro more. Renting can be a PITA. Not set up for you, brakes wrong way around, they are treated like shit and in my opinion at around £70 per day very expensive.

Posted: Mar 25, 2018 at 9:32 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
didinishlis wrote:
Thanks!
The instinct will be fine. I take my enduro and DH bike and I find myself on the enduro more. Renting can be a PITA. Not set up for you, brakes wrong way around, they are treated like shit and in my opinion at around £70 per day very expensive.

So I've been a mechanic here in M town for 4 seasonss now soon to be my 5th!! N the shop I work at (Mtb morzine rental) I can personally guaranty that each bike is set up for each indevidual customer. This includes brakes to your preference, suspension, bars, saddle even tyre pressure if you want!! Some people bring there own bars, stem, saddle, pedals etc.
The bikes we have (Scott) are maintained to the highest standard regardless of the cost to fix it.
Obviously I cannot speak for all of the shops here but we're not all "cowboys"

I do agree that it can be expensive yes..... But people pay. That's just how it is.

Posted: Mar 25, 2018 at 9:51 Quote
didinishlis wrote:
Thanks!

The other option if you can afford the outlay is to buy a dh or long travel enduro bike second hand, use it for your trip and sell it when you get back.

Posted: Mar 25, 2018 at 12:44 Quote
thedee38 wrote:
thedad71 wrote:
didinishlis wrote:
Thanks!

So I've been a mechanic here in M town for 4 seasonss now soon to be my 5th!! N the shop I work at (Mtb morzine rental) I can personally guaranty that each bike is set up for each indevidual customer. This includes brakes to your preference, suspension, bars, saddle even tyre pressure if you want!! Some people bring there own bars, stem, saddle, pedals etc.
The bikes we have (Scott) are maintained to the highest standard regardless of the cost to fix it.
Obviously I cannot speak for all of the shops here but we're not all "cowboys"

I do agree that it can be expensive yes..... But people pay. That's just how it is.

Do you have a link for your store? I'm coming over from NZ in late June and want to hire an xl/xxl DH bike, but can't find one online.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014808
Mobile Version of Website