Thoughts on KHS HT

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Thoughts on KHS HT
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 11:03 Quote
Hello all hoping to get a little knowledge from you guys. Im in the process of trying to build a hardtail freeride bike on limited funds. I checked out my local store last night and they only had one hardtail frame in the store and it was really cheap so I was considering using it until I have more money. Its the KHS DJ-25. I realize it is a DJ bike as a complete but the guy there told me if I build it up how I say I plan it will be a "killer" hardtail freeride bike. So I wanted some opinions from you guys that know more than me and the guy in the store probably. Also, I tried to check KHS site but couldnt get the info on how long travel of fork the frame can handle.
Thanks!

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 11:13 Quote
the dj-25 is a good frame but it is kinda cheap
i wanted to do a DH HT with my brother's dj-25 but i changed my mind. i'll keep it for street and dirt. just in case you know..

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 16:02 Quote
anybody else??? its eithber this or someones kona five-0 thats used on here for 50 more bucks plus shipping. I need to start my build soon though because i have an all mountain bike thats full suspension and i mangled the sh*t out of it doing drops yesterday Smile

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 22:56 Quote
What fork's going on, and what are you paying for the frame?

FL
Posted: Nov 29, 2008 at 23:00 Quote
Well i have the KHS dj 300 frame and i am going to put pikes on it. Saying this though, the Dj 300 and 200 are a lot higher quality that the 25 and 50 and to be honest the 25 and 50 feel like poop. They are really short and are very bunched up. This is from my experiences from riding them. I also don't know how much travel a 25 would be able to take.

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 0:24 Quote
Thanks guys. I was going to put a 150mm-160mm fork on it. The frame is only $150 so that is why i was going to buy it. figured it has lifetime warranty wouldnt be that bad, and would get me through until i get money for a real frame...but maybe i should just rethink this because they dont have any to test ride and if it rides as bad as you guys say i will be very unhappy with it.

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 0:41 Quote
i'd look on ebay, cause i had gotten everything but a wheelset and forks for like $150. that was dj100, the older frame. if the frame your lookin is cromo you should be able to put any kind of fork on it. i emailed KHS about putting a boxxer ride on it for my friends son and asked if the frame can handle it and they said it could any fork cause it's cromo. i'd email them and ask just to double check. their customer service is quick and really informative. it's great frame, the chainstays are really short, and it's a really tight frame, no flex or anyhting really.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012134
Mobile Version of Website