Santa Cruz Bullit vs. Transition Bottle Rocket

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Santa Cruz Bullit vs. Transition Bottle Rocket
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 18:23 Quote
john1022 wrote:
pake wrote:
john1022 wrote:

so you would take bullit instead of br?
well are you doing more jumping like slopestyle riding, or more just freeriding with light downhill and shuttle runs?
well,
might be light downhill.. sometimes might drop
sx trail then

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 18:23 Quote
john1022 wrote:
jGell wrote:
spesh sx trail, demo 7, giant reign x would work as well, norco six/shore depending on if you're looking on the lighter or heavier side of things...really theres a massive market catering to this 6-7 inch range of travel
but... if you can only have one choice, you ll choose bullit or br?

The bullit, it's one of a couple bikes I'm debating for my next build

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
john1022 wrote:
pake wrote:
john1022 wrote:

so you would take bullit instead of br?
well are you doing more jumping like slopestyle riding, or more just freeriding with light downhill and shuttle runs?
well,
ok, well then for the price, i wouldnt even look at the bullit. i would say a sx trail, demo 7, dirtbag or blindside. but you still havn't answered the question of what you would be riding. light downhill and might drop is too vague.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
poozank wrote:
john1022 wrote:
pake wrote:

well,
sx trail then
+1

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 18:28 Quote
pake wrote:
john1022 wrote:
pake wrote:

well,
ok, well then for the price, i wouldnt even look at the bullit. i would say a sx trail, demo 7, dirtbag or blindside. but you still havn't answered the question of what you would be riding. light downhill and might drop is too vague.
light downhill for sure..
actually, i have only 2 choices which are bullit and br,
but... if i choose the bullit, should i change the rear shox instead of 5th element?

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 18:29 Quote
5th Element is trash.

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 18:30 Quote
john1022 wrote:
pake wrote:
john1022 wrote:

well,
but... if i choose the bullit, should i change the rear shox instead of 5th element?

What year bullit? they come now with dhx3,dhx5air, or vivid... I'd probably rock a vivid or dhxcoil if I got one

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 18:30 Quote
john1022 wrote:
pake wrote:
john1022 wrote:

well,
why are your only choices these? and yes igz is right 5th element is trash. but if the bullit you are considering has a 5th element then it must be like 05 or older. if its that then i would get a br over that.

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 18:33 Quote
pake wrote:
john1022 wrote:
pake wrote:

why are your only choices these? and yes igz is right 5th element is trash. but if the bullit you are considering has a 5th element then it must be like 05 or older. if its that then i would get a br over that.
what he said

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 18:38 Quote
pake wrote:
john1022 wrote:
pake wrote:

well, thats 04 bullit, but.. br is way heavier than bullit, should i just change the rear shox to get 04 bullit ??

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 18:41 Quote
no your wrong, the br will be lighter than the bullt, but it really depends on the build kit(even though the br will still be lighter) and why are these 2 your only options?

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 18:42 Quote
pake wrote:
no your wrong, the br will be lighter than the bullt
No Bullit frame is lighter than BR frame.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 18:44 Quote
igz- wrote:
pake wrote:
are you sure? ur prolly right, but thats hard to believe. anyway, the br doesnt feel like it weighs approx. 38 pounds when you ride it, but idk about the bullit

O+
The new bullits are close, but if it is one of the old generations I would get a BR.

igz- wrote:
pake wrote:

coz...I just wanna ride on santa cruz or transition Razz

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010919
Mobile Version of Website