Santa Cruz Bullit vs. Transition Bottle Rocket

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Santa Cruz Bullit vs. Transition Bottle Rocket
O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 21:35 Quote
dylanvarkonja wrote:
Dunno, the only experience I've had with hopes is a 9 inch mono6, it stopped you really fast and had a lot of usable stopping power, but a bit too much for a bullit. They are also really really expensive, like 400 per brake.
yeah def. overkill. i think this guy should get juicy 7s. you can find them really cheap on pricepoint, jenson, or chainreaction right now. not to mention they are really good

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 21:40 Quote
If he rides in wet conditions though... you would be suprised at how much noise juicys make when they're wet.

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 22:01 Quote
pake wrote:
dylanvarkonja wrote:
Dunno, the only experience I've had with hopes is a 9 inch mono6, it stopped you really fast and had a lot of usable stopping power, but a bit too much for a bullit. They are also really really expensive, like 400 per brake.
yeah def. overkill. i think this guy should get juicy 7s. you can find them really cheap on pricepoint, jenson, or chainreaction right now. not to mention they are really good
hum,
copmare to XT which one is better then?

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 22:03 Quote
dylanvarkonja wrote:

EDIT: BTW here is my bullit:
photo

BTW I did finish it

your bullit looks good lol

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 22:03 Quote
john1022 wrote:
pake wrote:
dylanvarkonja wrote:
hum,
idk ive never ridden xt's. juicy 7s are those quality brakes that everyone knows they can count on. they have good power, great modulation, and the comfyest lever ever IMO

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 22:17 Quote
pake wrote:
john1022 wrote:
pake wrote:

hum,
idk ive never ridden xt's. juicy 7s are those quality brakes that everyone knows they can count on. they have good power, great modulation, and the comfyest lever ever IMO
well,
i still have a question that does the disc make any different to the brake?

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 7:10 Quote
john1022 wrote:
pake wrote:
john1022 wrote:

hum,
well,
Well I m gonna get a pair of XTR brake,
do they fit on this bike then?

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 7:55 Quote
john1022 wrote:
john1022 wrote:
pake wrote:

well,
they will, all disc brakes will. but i would go xt instead. xtr is more of that weight weenie pure xc brake (although ive seen it on demos). if you want to save weight get seome formula's. they are one of the most powerfull brakes on the market and will prolly be the same price of the xtr if you find 'em on a good website

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 21:26 Quote
pake wrote:
john1022 wrote:
john1022 wrote:

well,
but i wonder, is there any different to use a different rotor??
they will, all disc brakes will. but i would go xt instead. xtr is more of that weight weenie pure xc brake (although ive seen it on demos). if you want to save weight get seome formula's. they are one of the most powerfull brakes on the market and will prolly be the same price of the xtr if you find 'em on a good website

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 21:29 Quote
I agree with Pake (for once) xtr doesn't have enough power for FR/DH. XT would be better or maybe SLX.

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 21:49 Quote
dylanvarkonja wrote:
I agree with Pake (for once) xtr doesn't have enough power for FR/DH. XT would be better or maybe SLX.
for once?!? lol its kool

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 2:17 Quote
pake wrote:
dylanvarkonja wrote:
for once?!? lol its kool
xtr doesnt have enough power as slx and xt???
is it true??

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 6:29 Quote
john1022 wrote:
pake wrote:
dylanvarkonja wrote:
for once?!? lol its kool
xtr doesnt have enough power as slx and xt???
is it true??
true that

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 15:18 Quote
Some XCers have to run 8 inch rotors with XTR because they don't get enough stopping power with smaller rotors. These are average weight guys to, like 170 pounds.

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 15:20 Quote
bottlerocket for slopestlye, otherwise bullit

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019407
Mobile Version of Website