Jason King Banned From Pinkbike For Promoting Fundraiser For The Stephen Murray Charity.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Jason King Banned From Pinkbike For Promoting Fundraiser For The Stephen Murray Charity.
O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 12:19 Quote
Look before you guys go on and on about the poor ethics of the Moderation team know this:

I was the mod who initially banned jason king, but after reading his post further no more than a minute later did i unban him because i realized it was a charity fund raiser.

I then pm-ed him and we tried to work together to make the thread clear it was a not for profit and was acceptable under the pinkbike rules for no solicitation.

In the end it was brought to the attention of the owners of the site, and it is there hands now.

So please don't tell me the mods are unethical, Jason and i tried to get the thread to an acceptable point i literally have 6-7 pms back forth trying to make this work within the span of a couple days.

Don't tell me i am jerk until you know what happend.

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 12:19 Quote
nothing compared to the money we'll end up raising, but im sure we'll keep you guys upto date and post a picture handing over a chunky cheque to the charity.

regards.

enjoy the rest of your weekends riding you guys, i know i will.

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 12:20 Quote
READ THIS!

Here is a charity race done with peaty. Peaty paid his own entry fee, and left a donation after the race.

See if you actually do some ground work you may be able to get pros to come for free.

This thread is so full of bullshit. This Jason King guy is full of bullshit. I have been behind countless charity events, where 100% or at least 90% of the funds go towards the charity. 5% is laughable. I think we are all aware that Mr. Murray is laughing about the 5%. He may not do it to Jason's face, but still. I think we all know that even he realizes 5% won't do a damn thing.

This Jason guy, exploited a bug in the system. Done, banned, end of story. Nothing to do with this stupid charity sham he has setup. He knowingly exploited a bug, breaking the rules, therefor he is banned.

He owns a shop, he is getting the bike at cost, I have never heard anything so ridiculous as a shop paying retail for a bike. I guarantee that with some simple phone calls he could easily pick up a a free bike from this company. Although truth be told I am sure that with this debacle Zumbi probably wants nothing to do with this charity or jason.

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 12:22 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=58284&pagenum=1

It's not like Jason and his companies haven't been advertised enough on this site...

ahahahahahaa.

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 12:30 Quote
i has some infoes innits

[Quoten]The company is not a business based around bikes, we give away a number of prizes regards to other things. It just so happened that when we thought of giving a bike away we would donate some money to Steven, by law you have to give a small donation being a competition company. What we did not want to do like most competition companies was have pics of kids with tubes hanging out of them then saying win a car by looking at this pic of someone dying.

We are putting together a race in may with all the top riders their, this cost around £70,000? Where will this money come from? And we will then donate via Dirt mag etc not Pinkbike who have their own rules so please dont jump the gun when you know nothing about me or any business. Regarding the 15k, it cost this in lawyers fees to start the company as a whole not just for this charity, how all yours and other peoples comments are aimed at what you dont know.

So now you can have a real view because i have given you insite not insult.
[/Quoten]

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 12:33 Quote
Why not just give the 70,000 to Murray? That number just seems extravagantly high.

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 12:33 Quote
bonfire- wrote:
dh-pete wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=58284&pagenum=1

It's not like Jason and his companies haven't been advertised enough on this site...

ahahahahahaa.

well you know atleast we all turned up to the event with some of the fox racing team and monster energy also there supplying free drink and the fox team also came to ride at Hamsterly DH for a reduced price because of the volume of riders that attended.

but saying as you think that jason is imaginary then dont pay any attention to anything we say.

go back to continuing to be childish and enjoy your day/night.

regards

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 12:36 Quote
I never once said that he was imaginary? I explained my point of view, why I thought the way I did.

Pete posted a link to what is clearly soliciting, why that post or that user was not banned for that I don't know.

Then you come about calling me childish. Yeah, I am the childish one. But to be honest I don't care what some limey thinks about me.

Unsubscribe.

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 12:38 Quote
carnell wrote:
Look before you guys go on and on about the poor ethics of the Moderation team know this:

I was the mod who initially banned jason king, but after reading his post further no more than a minute later did i unban him because i realized it was a charity fund raiser.

I then pm-ed him and we tried to work together to make the thread clear it was a not for profit and was acceptable under the pinkbike rules for no solicitation.

In the end it was brought to the attention of the owners of the site, and it is there hands now.

So please don't tell me the mods are unethical, Jason and i tried to get the thread to an acceptable point i literally have 6-7 pms back forth trying to make this work within the span of a couple days.

Don't tell me i am jerk until you know what happend.

Well thank you, atleast you could see this is a non-profit fundraiser.

but being accused by people does not solve this matter, i started this thread to gain the attention of mods, to see what their opinion on the matter was. im glad to see the mod that was incharge knows that we are a ligit charity event

thank you for clearing this up. i hope that the higher authorities of the site see fit to clear things up shortly also and get the front page article we origionaly wanted.

regards

Andrew Goessen

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 12:48 Quote
Time to end this. This is what happened with jason.

He started posting his large charity threads asking for donations. Carnell caught it and stopped it. Jason contacted Carnell and he un banned him and allowed him. He continued to create more threads so I caught wind of it stopped him and e-mailed him to stop posting on the forums and contact Tyler or Karl for an ad or article on the front page. I then chatted with Karl and they were going to look into it.

The OWNER of the site was the one to remove him, not the mods. We received some e-mails from some major internet companies (ie. microsoft) about him mass spamming e-mail accounts. They dealt with him and we did like wise.

I'd check out your source before you defend this guy.

Mod O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2008 at 16:25 Quote
This is the message jasonking was sending to over 6000 users on pinkbike by Friend Requesting them. Lot's of users were getting pissed off and complaining that this guy just kept spamming them. I did not realize how many requests were made until the Microsoft JRM filter triggered and we received a warning from microsoft that this "identical" email was originating from our mail server (an email goes out to a users when someone friend requests them). If we do not stop this the JRM ( junk mail reporting) system on hotmail places a filter on our IP address and we can't deliver ANY email to anyone on hotmail....a problem for many users. We since had to place limits on our software for things like this just because 1 users decided to be a...well dumb ass. Try doing that on any site facebook, gmail, etc and you'll get the same treatment. Also you did that manually? Dude you wasted at least 20 hours of just sending messages....thats just silly.

This has NOTHING to do with the charity.

As for Charities, if you really want one we can set something up and give ALL the proceeds to the family. We have done our "Share The Ride xmas" program the last two years . Last year users donated $6k where we matched that and bought $12k worth of bikes and helmets and gave them out to needy children all over the place.

So in anycase read the message for yourself. I just think it's bad judgement for Jason the think that what he is doing is right and even he himself jokes in his email that this is "abuse". Smarten up man. There are WAY better ways to help someone out.
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/4997/

[Quoten]
Hey, I made a forum the other day for the chance to Win a Zumbi DH, 4X or DJ bike worth up to £5000 (you will need to check your own currency for how much these are worth). For you that know me would understand I was not trying to advertise one of my companies in a profit making scheme instead just more trying to promote the fact that we are donating to The Stephen Murray Fund. I have spoken to Carnell at Pinbike about this as a handful of people either did not know Stephen Murray or what happened to him or even cared (please google this if not clear). I knew Stephen from way back along with his brother Martin and mother Cynthia who ran BMX Racing for Britain, so this charity is quite dear to me. So now I am allowed to contact you (abuse how you like) why dont you go on to www.uwincompetitions.com and click on the Zumbi bike on the home page for your chance to win a bike of your dreams. You can live anywhere in the World just pay and play, it costs a 10 year olds pocket money and helps towards a great cause except you will need to be 18 or over to enter, then you may be riding a super bike in January, February, March etc. We are doing this every month based around bikes just so we can pass on more cash to Stephen's family. We also intend to put in towards specific races, we are at the beginning stage of trying to put together an Urban Street race in Stephen's hometown of Newcastle upon Tyne UK, this would be fantastic and if you thought Scarborough night race was okay this would be even better. If all goes according to plan we will get Peatie, Hill Rennie etc to race at this, as you are all aware Steve Peat just did a charity race for the Murray Fund. This would also give people abroad the chance to race in the UK but their maybe some points rules to abide by. Their simply was to many crashes at Scarborough for people that could not ride a bike properly and thought they could, ouch! Now get on the site and enter wherever you are in the World, biking is our way of life. Any questions feel free, any crap keep to yourself so get on to www.uwincompetitions.com now! Enjoy[/Quoten]

Posted: Dec 12, 2008 at 21:20 Quote
wow.
6000?
oh dear...
good work radek.
such a shame hes using a charity for his own gains. i dont think i could let myself do that, let alone do it to such a great cause as the stephen murray fund.

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 8:13 Quote
its pretty bad how someone gets banned for trying to help someone in the biking industry whos was badly injury by getting donations to save his life and get him back on his feet, but pinkbike can go sell-out to google and that riding lawnmover shit. Thats horrible

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 8:18 Quote
ryaneles wrote:
its pretty bad how someone gets banned for trying to help someone in the biking industry whos was badly injury by getting donations to save his life and get him back on his feet, but pinkbike can go sell-out to google and that riding lawnmover shit. Thats horrible

He was gonna give 5% to charity.

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 8:20 Quote
radek wrote:
This is the message jasonking was sending to over 6000 users on pinkbike by Friend Requesting them. Lot's of users were getting pissed off and complaining that this guy just kept spamming them. I did not realize how many requests were made until the Microsoft JRM filter triggered and we received a warning from microsoft that this "identical" email was originating from our mail server (an email goes out to a users when someone friend requests them). If we do not stop this the JRM ( junk mail reporting) system on hotmail places a filter on our IP address and we can't deliver ANY email to anyone on hotmail....a problem for many users. We since had to place limits on our software for things like this just because 1 users decided to be a...well dumb ass. Try doing that on any site facebook, gmail, etc and you'll get the same treatment. Also you did that manually? Dude you wasted at least 20 hours of just sending messages....thats just silly.

This has NOTHING to do with the charity.

As for Charities, if you really want one we can set something up and give ALL the proceeds to the family. We have done our "Share The Ride xmas" program the last two years . Last year users donated $6k where we matched that and bought $12k worth of bikes and helmets and gave them out to needy children all over the place.

So in anycase read the message for yourself. I just think it's bad judgement for Jason the think that what he is doing is right and even he himself jokes in his email that this is "abuse". Smarten up man. There are WAY better ways to help someone out.
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/4997/

[Quoten]
Hey, I made a forum the other day for the chance to Win a Zumbi DH, 4X or DJ bike worth up to £5000 (you will need to check your own currency for how much these are worth). For you that know me would understand I was not trying to advertise one of my companies in a profit making scheme instead just more trying to promote the fact that we are donating to The Stephen Murray Fund. I have spoken to Carnell at Pinbike about this as a handful of people either did not know Stephen Murray or what happened to him or even cared (please google this if not clear). I knew Stephen from way back along with his brother Martin and mother Cynthia who ran BMX Racing for Britain, so this charity is quite dear to me. So now I am allowed to contact you (abuse how you like) why dont you go on to www.uwincompetitions.com and click on the Zumbi bike on the home page for your chance to win a bike of your dreams. You can live anywhere in the World just pay and play, it costs a 10 year olds pocket money and helps towards a great cause except you will need to be 18 or over to enter, then you may be riding a super bike in January, February, March etc. We are doing this every month based around bikes just so we can pass on more cash to Stephen's family. We also intend to put in towards specific races, we are at the beginning stage of trying to put together an Urban Street race in Stephen's hometown of Newcastle upon Tyne UK, this would be fantastic and if you thought Scarborough night race was okay this would be even better. If all goes according to plan we will get Peatie, Hill Rennie etc to race at this, as you are all aware Steve Peat just did a charity race for the Murray Fund. This would also give people abroad the chance to race in the UK but their maybe some points rules to abide by. Their simply was to many crashes at Scarborough for people that could not ride a bike properly and thought they could, ouch! Now get on the site and enter wherever you are in the World, biking is our way of life. Any questions feel free, any crap keep to yourself so get on to www.uwincompetitions.com now! Enjoy[/Quoten]

i love pinkbike but as a whole, the moderation team on here is an absolute shambles.

im sure you'll hear from Jason Kings solicitors if level of undecency continues to subside.

i suggest you read the "About Us" section on our website www.uwincompetitions.com and read carefully.

we have not stated an amount of £ given to the charity. but something EVERYBODY on this site have used is the charity regulations which state any charity must give a MINIMUM of 5%.

This is the figure some immature people have been jotting about, giving people a really biased opinion about jason and the uwincompetitions site.

we urge you all to stop "Going with the crowd" and just agreeing with the minority.
i suggest you all do your homework before stating % figures and money theft.

regards

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014641
Mobile Version of Website