banshee wildcard VS Transition Bottlerocket

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
banshee wildcard VS Transition Bottlerocket
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 19:42 Quote
That-Norco-Dude wrote:
but vpp is way better than singlepivot...

I wouldn't say that. The single pivot will feel more alive than the VPP off jumps. It's probably the feel he's going for.

FL
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 19:43 Quote
i dunno, i hear the intense is a pretty shitty bike. and fairly weak and flexy. yet i read that the bottle rocket is bomb proof yet heavy. and i kinda like brake jack and feeling whats under me. so im probably gettin bottle rocket. my top has done very well, so i trust in transition.

Mod
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 19:43 Quote
Maestro isn't a complicated design and is a rather simple design too. To be honest with you, by the sound of what you plan on doing with this bike, you should really look at the Reign X series as it is very versatile. It is capable of bombing downhill and is light enough and nimble enough to throw around! This ultimately sounds exactly like what you want in a bike! It can slay downhill and can do tricks! It is also lighter than a BR and has better components on it for the price. There really isn't too much more you can ask for. I am not the biggest fan of VPP although I do ride a V10 but I am not sold on the design. I think there are flaws in the design of VPP but that was the way it was designed so I can't do anything about that. However, my brother is completely sold on VPP and has been riding a V10 for several years. Every year, he gets a new V10. He loves VPP and will never go back to anything else. Therefore, different people have different opinions on what works best.

If you want to see some videos of what the Reign X0 is capable of, I can post them.

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 19:45 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
That-Norco-Dude wrote:

I wouldn't say that. The single pivot will feel more alive than the VPP off jumps. It's probably the feel he's going for.

yea that is right... but the kind of jumps that he is using the bike for are flowier jumps... and he's actually riding trails.. so vpp is gonna be better in that situation

FL
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 19:49 Quote
That-Norco-Dude wrote:
signorvince2 wrote:
That-Norco-Dude wrote:

yea that is right... but the kind of jumps that he is using the bike for are flowier jumps... and he's actually riding trails.. so vpp is gonna be better in that situation

im pree much just doing jumps, and yes, i liek that feel.

FL
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 19:50 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Maestro isn't a complicated design and is a rather simple design too. To be honest with you, by the sound of what you plan on doing with this bike, you should really look at the Reign X series as it is very versatile. It is capable of bombing downhill and is light enough and nimble enough to throw around! This ultimately sounds exactly like what you want in a bike! It can slay downhill and can do tricks! It is also lighter than a BR and has better components on it for the price. There really isn't too much more you can ask for. I am not the biggest fan of VPP although I do ride a V10 but I am not sold on the design. I think there are flaws in the design of VPP but that was the way it was designed so I can't do anything about that. However, my brother is completely sold on VPP and has been riding a V10 for several years. Every year, he gets a new V10. He loves VPP and will never go back to anything else. Therefore, different people have different opinions on what works best.

If you want to see some videos of what the Reign X0 is capable of, I can post them.

i no exactly what it can handle. but i really dont want one. i hear its not as much fun as a bottlerocket cuz it soaks lots of stuff up. im looking for something where u can feel the bumps and everything. plus i wanna stay loyal to transition. and my friend is getting the rain.

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 19:51 Quote
Intense SS for sure. Friend has one, it f*ckin rips

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 19:53 Quote
laurie1 wrote:

Laurie has just said some very good advicetup . Not having rode any of the bikes mentioned i don't have a very good opinion but i have rode an sx trail which is another bike you could think of. Made for the same stuff as Giant Reign X but in my opinion more for Slopestyle witch is what you are after. A BR is good aswell but i haven't ridden one so yea.

Mod
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 19:53 Quote
A bike is only as much fun as what the rider wants it to be. A bike can't flip itself. As for soaking up bumps, if you aren't interested in that, get a hardtail. Suspension is supposed to dampen the bumps on a trail and make for a softer and more subtle ride. If it wasn't there to do that, people would ride rigids or hardtails. Maestro is far superior in technology compared to that of Transition. Why anyone would purchase a lesser bike in terms of initial quality, warranty, and components for roughly the same money is beyond me but whatever!

Mod
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 19:54 Quote
igz- wrote:
Intense SS for sure. Friend has one, it f*ckin rips

Has his headtube cracked yet?

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 19:54 Quote
I'm going to second the opinion for the reign X. Not the same area of bikes but change of sus design, I have rode all 3 systems just on differant frames rode a stinky for 2 seasons its a good system minus brake jack it really does affect quite a few aspects. I found with the vpp on my v-10 was it pedaled great smooth through all its travel nothing really bad to say about the vpp except every vpp system I have rode just blows through its travel feeling in a little bit laggy feel. Now with my most recent bike a glory DH repping maestro is by far my favorite. Pedals amazing ramps up in its travel really smooth, with the first 4'' of the travel I found it was nice and plush has enough to take up chatter bumps etc.. then the rest all progresses till the end its just rock hard stupid hard to bottom. I have also rode a reign X and its the same story as my glory just on a smaller/lighter scale. My opinion is check out a reign X their decently priced rode amazing really light and built to take anything you throw at them, my buddy Mitch rode his for a season HARD and it held up amazing. Dont knock the reign right out its a great bike try one.

Ryan

FL
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 19:56 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
A bike is only as much fun as what the rider wants it to be. A bike can't flip itself. As for soaking up bumps, if you aren't interested in that, get a hardtail. Suspension is supposed to dampen the bumps on a trail and make for a softer and more subtle ride. If it wasn't there to do that, people would ride rigids or hardtails. Maestro is far superior in technology compared to that of Transition. Why anyone would purchase a lesser bike in terms of initial quality, warranty, and components for roughly the same money is beyond me but whatever!

lol, i have have a hard tail, but i mean the bumps are still soaked up a bit, but its not just liek "floating on clouds" if u no what i mean. its a very good bike. but im set on transition. wanna stay loyal, and i no its a beefy bike that will last long time. and my friend is gettin the reign, dont wanna have the same bike:P

Mod
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 19:59 Quote
You're getting the short end of the stick then! You are willing to sacrifice a better bike with a better warranty because your friend is getting the same one? If you are so concerned, get your frame painted. Staying loyal to a company that can't offer what you need doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Sure, you can have a trend whore bike but I'd rather have performance over the word Bottle Rocket written on the side.

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 20:00 Quote
konastuff06rider wrote:
laurie1 wrote:

lol, i have have a hard tail, but i mean the bumps are still soaked up a bit, but its not just liek "floating on clouds" if u no what i mean. its a very good bike. but im set on transition. wanna stay loyal, and i no its a beefy bike that will last long time. and my friend is gettin the reign, dont wanna have the same bike:P

Well if your set on Transition and aren't going to think of the other bikes mentioned what was the point in making a thread? It seemed like you were set on the transition from the very startRolleyes

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016322
Mobile Version of Website