Intense SS for sure. Friend has one, it f*ckin rips

Has his headtube cracked yet?
nope

FL
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 20:01 Quote
palmerage wrote:
konastuff06rider wrote:
laurie1 wrote:
A bike is only as much fun as what the rider wants it to be. A bike can't flip itself. As for soaking up bumps, if you aren't interested in that, get a hardtail. Suspension is supposed to dampen the bumps on a trail and make for a softer and more subtle ride. If it wasn't there to do that, people would ride rigids or hardtails. Maestro is far superior in technology compared to that of Transition. Why anyone would purchase a lesser bike in terms of initial quality, warranty, and components for roughly the same money is beyond me but whatever!

lol, i have have a hard tail, but i mean the bumps are still soaked up a bit, but its not just liek "floating on clouds" if u no what i mean. its a very good bike. but im set on transition. wanna stay loyal, and i no its a beefy bike that will last long time. and my friend is gettin the reign, dont wanna have the same bike:P

Well if your set on Transition and aren't going to think of the other bikes mentioned what was the point in making a thread? It seemed like you were set on the transition from the very startRolleyes

no cuz i was considering the intense cuz its a nice looking bike and i found somewhere where i could build it with all teh parts i want for the same price as the bottlerocket

FL
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 20:04 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
You're getting the short end of the stick then! You are willing to sacrifice a better bike with a better warranty because your friend is getting the same one? If you are so concerned, get your frame painted. Staying loyal to a company that can't offer what you need doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Sure, you can have a trend whore bike but I'd rather have performance over the word Bottle Rocket written on the side.

i dont care that it says bottle rocket, ive ridden one and its a nice bike, im comfortable on it. im not as comfortable on giant (demoed a reign x at my lbs) and im not buying stock anyway. btw, ive heard transition has really good warenty, but i guess giant is a massive company so theyd be pretty good. im not really into giant. and liek i said, i want a fun bike, coming from a hardtail, i dont really care about all the abosrbtion as liong as it has a back shock, its fine. rode the stinky dh and i loved it. yet everyone says its a shitty bike.

Mod
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 20:05 Quote
If you consider a one year warranty a good warranty then yes, Transition has an excellent warranty!

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 20:06 Quote
konastuff06rider wrote:
laurie1 wrote:
You're getting the short end of the stick then! You are willing to sacrifice a better bike with a better warranty because your friend is getting the same one? If you are so concerned, get your frame painted. Staying loyal to a company that can't offer what you need doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Sure, you can have a trend whore bike but I'd rather have performance over the word Bottle Rocket written on the side.

i dont care that it says bottle rocket, ive ridden one and its a nice bike, im comfortable on it. im not as comfortable on giant (demoed a reign x at my lbs) and im not buying stock anyway. btw, ive heard transition has really good warenty, but i guess giant is a massive company so theyd be pretty good. im not really into giant. and liek i said, i want a fun bike, coming from a hardtail, i dont really care about all the abosrbtion as liong as it has a back shock, its fine. rode the stinky dh and i loved it. yet everyone says its a shitty bike.

Hmmm, what about looking at a transition Double. 4 inch rear travel, more trickable that BR, Maybe lighter and you will definitely feel the bumps on it

FL
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 20:08 Quote
palmerage wrote:
konastuff06rider wrote:
laurie1 wrote:

Hmmm, what about looking at a transition Double. 4 inch rear travel, more trickable that BR, Maybe lighter and you will definitely feel the bumps on it

its 3 inches, and i want a bike to handle tech should i ever do it with friends. too close to my top.

O+
konastuff06rider wrote:
laurie1 wrote:

Giant=lifetime warranty transition=1 year... also so what if giant is a mass produced company so is transition you see more transition trend bike than anything else...

Ryan

FL
laurie1 wrote:
If you consider a one year warranty a good warranty then yes, Transition has an excellent warranty!

life time crash replacement i no u still gotta pay but thats pretty good is it not.

Mod
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 20:09 Quote
Tell me this doesn't look like a fun bike!

Views: 2,311    Faves: 16    Comments: 15

Views: 10,304    Faves: 100    Comments: 35

Views: 10,244    Faves: 94    Comments: 32

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 20:10 Quote
I'm gunna agree with that guy who I cant remember his name from above, all you have done is said im getting a bottle rocket this whole time why did you bother with this thread?

Ryan

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 20:11 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Tell me this doesn't look like a fun bike!

Views: 2,311    Faves: 16    Comments: 15

Views: 10,304    Faves: 100    Comments: 35

Views: 10,244    Faves: 94    Comments: 32

Mitch T ftw epic rider and great guytup

Ryan

Mod
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 20:11 Quote
konastuff06rider wrote:
life time crash replacement i no u still gotta pay but thats pretty good is it not.

Every company offers that! Most simply don't advertise it. There is a difference between a warranty and a crash replacement. Warrnaty, work is done free of charge or you get a new part free of charge. Crash replacement, you pay a discounted price for your broken part. Giant has a longer warranty.

FL
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 20:12 Quote
that guy is also amazing.. u missed my point of what a "fun" bike to me was. ive read multiple reviews on both bikes. some of which went froma reign to a br, and the say the br is a much more fun bike. feels more alive. tahts what im looking for.

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 20:13 Quote
konastuff06rider wrote:
that guy is also amazing.. u missed my point of what a "fun" bike to me was. ive read multiple reviews on both bikes. some of which went froma reign to a br, and the say the br is a much more fun bike. feels more alive. tahts what im looking for.

That is all a matter of opinion there is no way a single pivot is more active than maestro.

Ryan

FL
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 20:16 Quote
veet-88 wrote:
konastuff06rider wrote:

That is all a matter of opinion there is no way a single pivot is more active than maestro.

Ryan
thats not what i meant by alive. i meant as in ur feel more stuff. it doesnt just glide over things and make it feel smooth and dead

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.042002
Mobile Version of Website