2010 Specialized Demo

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
2010 Specialized Demo
O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2010 at 13:32 Quote
I have not ridden a vivid in a long time, but I can tell you I am hugely impressed with the RC4 on these bikes. Tons of tuneability though honestly you don't have to do much. The fox has a wonderfully smooth feeling to it and I haven't had to touch it once in terms of blowouts or leaks. Plus I a tempted to say that the fox is lighter but don't quote me on that yet.

Honestly, They are probably both great shocks, but rockshox's past on rear suspension leads me to a fox, because fox has had their rear stuff down for a while probably because they are similair to the shock from their powersports division.

Posted: Oct 6, 2010 at 23:11 Quote
foxrc4> elka stage 5 but a little bit.. I do know that ( i own both). Haven't had the opertunity to ride a vivid, but i dont think I'd ever have a reason to as my other shocks when tuned properly are incredible

Posted: Oct 14, 2010 at 16:40 Quote
The RC4 with a TI spring is the best feeling rear shock on the Demo. The Elka is awesome too, but the Elka I felt on the other Demo felt like the setup was to lateral. Then again i took the time to set sag and bottom out on my bike. It took me a while, but it was worth itWink

Posted: Nov 9, 2010 at 7:48 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.bikerumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/2011-specialized-mtb-weights-demo-8-two.jpg

Posted: Nov 9, 2010 at 17:39 Quote
Not big on the orange color, but I Do love this new Demo look overall... This will be my new ride next season hopefully, Just gotta heal this shattered ankle... Frown

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2010 at 7:56 Quote
hey there, i just got a demo 8 2010 as was wondering how you adjust the reach on the avid code brakes? May sound like a dumb question but I cant work it out

Posted: Nov 27, 2010 at 12:32 Quote
adjust the Screw on the inside of the lever body with a allen key..

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2010 at 13:53 Quote
dmadness wrote:
adjust the Screw on the inside of the lever body with a allen key..
cheers. thought it was that, just seemed a bit of bit mystery seeing as there is no manuals about this brake on avids website

Posted: Dec 20, 2010 at 10:15 Quote
photo
my new baby came today

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 at 19:45 Quote
DaveDillholeDillard wrote:
hey everyone, im building a 2010 demo 8 II from scratch, just trying to figure out what is the best setup for it? and if having 135 rear end or a 150 rear end is better?
On the demo I'm pretty sure you're gonna have to run 135 bolt axle.

For some reason specialized didnt like the 12x150 through axle system

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 at 19:58 Quote
hey everyone, im building a 2010 demo 8 II from scratch, just trying to figure out what is the best setup for it? and if having 135 rear end or a 150 rear end is better?
it doesnt work like that
maybe you shouldnt be building it yourself...

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 at 20:08 Quote
Nobble wrote:
On the demo I'm pretty sure you're gonna have to run 135 bolt axle.

For some reason specialized didnt like the 12x150 through axle system
ahh ok, thanks man.

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 at 20:12 Quote
me2menow wrote:
it doesnt work like that
ill build it fine braa, i just saw a guy asking about the back end being a 135 or 150 so i got confused on it thats all.

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 at 6:59 Quote
me2menow wrote:
it doesnt work like that

pretty much what i was thinking

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016241
Mobile Version of Website