Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...
Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 18:39 Quote
I know, but it doesn't take away from the fact that most of these guys (if not all) are very good at what they do. Not every rider should or can be rebuilding their shocks, so that's why these businesses exist. Hell, some people shouldn't even touch tools to begin with let alone work on their suspension.

James Downing of Suspension Werx is a friend of mine, but the main reason why I have no problem supporting him is the quality of his work. He's got quite an impressive resume that goes back a long, long way.

Bottom line is that anyone who's serious about getting the most from their suspension should look into some custom tuning or valving. James is one whom I have dealt with over the years with nothing short of amazing work, so I will support his business because of it.

It doesn't take away from what others may or may not know.

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 18:45 Quote
DrSanchez wrote:
I know, but it doesn't take away from the fact that most of these guys (if not all) are very good at what they do. Not every rider should or can be rebuilding their shocks, so that's why these businesses exist. Hell, some people shouldn't even touch tools to begin with let alone work on their suspension.

James Downing of Suspension Werx is a friend of mine, but the main reason why I have no problem supporting him is the quality of his work. He's got quite an impressive resume that goes back a long, long way.

Bottom line is that anyone who's serious about getting the most from their suspension should look into some custom tuning or valving. James is one whom I have dealt with over the years with nothing short of amazing work, so I will support his business because of it.

It doesn't take away from what others may or may not know.

It's sad but true eh. I would definitely recommend anyone that is not extremely good with mechanical things send their shock in to someone like the company mentioned above, I just wanted to make sure that it was clear that you don't have to go to a company to find people that know how to do this stuff, it's not top secret or anything like thattup From past experiences it is bad to assume anything with pinkbike, hence the reason I said that.

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 20:15 Quote
jonbikes wrote:

It's sad but true eh. I would definitely recommend anyone that is not extremely good with mechanical things send their shock in to someone like the company mentioned above, I just wanted to make sure that it was clear that you don't have to go to a company to find people that know how to do this stuff, it's not top secret or anything like thattup From past experiences it is bad to assume anything with pinkbike, hence the reason I said that.

I think most people would be suprised at how simple these frickin' things are inside.

Posted: Feb 26, 2009 at 3:32 Quote
Yeah I was, I left lowering my fork for ages because I thought that it would be hard... how wrong I was.

Posted: Feb 26, 2009 at 12:40 Quote
DrSanchez wrote:
$80 for seals and $90 for installation????? Jesus man, this is when you step up and learn how to do it yourself. There are lots of resources on the internets, so giv'er!
o i am doing it my self i was just saying how much they want to charge me lol thanks man

Posted: Feb 26, 2009 at 12:54 Quote
DrSanchez wrote:
jonbikes wrote:

I think most people would be suprised at how simple these frickin' things are inside.

Yup. If you are good with mechanical things AT ALL, you should have no problem understanding how a shock/fork works for the most part with a little reading/taking one apart.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 16:39 Quote
I was wondering if anyone knows how to adjust the internal rebound on a 05 drop off triple

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 16:40 Quote
Remove the top cap, turn via allen key (not sure on size, although it should be common, perhaps 10mm).

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 16:57 Quote
I have done that on both sides and nothing in there... The left side has the coil and spacer the
Right side is just air oil

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 17:01 Quote
Try pulling the spacer and or coil out. It's in there, but it is a little ways down. Compress the fork with the top cap(s) off, just watch that you don't compress so much that oil comes out.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 17:19 Quote
When I did that I tried feeling around maybe like 6 inches into it and couldn't feel
Anything .... Is it further down towards bottom of lowers ... Also I think was told by someone was in right side.. Please
Help ...

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 17:32 Quote
It's down there a ways, but I couldn't tell you on which side. Go to the Marzocchi website and look at the manual for that fork, it will tell you there.

Posted: Apr 10, 2009 at 6:41 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
Remove the top cap, turn via allen key (not sure on size, although it should be common, perhaps 10mm).

6mm. LONG 6mm. You'll find it but seriously, REALLY LONG wrench! Marzocchi used to give them away so if you don't have one, your lbs should!

edit: Left leg!! (pretty sure)

Posted: Apr 11, 2009 at 11:28 Quote
When I contacted mike from marzocchi he told me it is a 12mm hex wrench at bottom of right leg.. Have to go in from top and its almost all the way down... When I changed oil in fork I looked for adjuster after oil drained and couldn't see where it was in either leg... So still confused

Posted: Apr 11, 2009 at 23:34 Quote
this may be a "dumb" question, haha but, if u go into a shop and tell them ur weight can they tune your fork and shock to your wieght for you?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.023244
Mobile Version of Website