2009 giant glory dh or 2009 trek session 88?

PB Forum :: Downhill
2009 giant glory dh or 2009 trek session 88?
O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 13:04 Quote
veet-88 wrote:
But then think is a sub 10lb frame truly necisary? no I have my glory built to the 9's and that frame is stout... Much rather a bike i dont need to worry bout severly denting when you crash. Having rode the session it felt like a tin can seriously it felt cheap and rode cheap the link felt horrid un smooth and an un natural feel.

Ryan

I know what you mean, but different strokes for different folks. Some people feel the need to have a 35lb DH bike. I like the feeling of having a bike that really solid and doesn't flex on every impact. However, Trek made big enough press of this bike that it sold like hot cakes. Good on them.

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 13:19 Quote
I've heard some bad reports that the session 88 has very thin walled tubing, and therefore can suffer from crash damage/dented tubes etc. I would love to own one, as i think they are stunning looking bikes. However as i am not a pro or the smoothest of riders i would steer away from the trek. The Giant may be a lot heavier but will probably withstand alot more abuse/heavy use

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 18:38 Quote
well obviosly a bike that is 38 pounds is going to have some damage if u constinly seriosly crashing and casing jumps and gaps

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 18:50 Quote
my advice is to try before you buy. I personally would perfer the trek, b/c of the custom tuned rear susp. E2 headtube, ABP, R1i suspension (evo link and stuff), and it just looks way better in my opinion.

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 18:58 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
veet-88 wrote:
But then think is a sub 10lb frame truly necisary? no I have my glory built to the 9's and that frame is stout... Much rather a bike i dont need to worry bout severly denting when you crash. Having rode the session it felt like a tin can seriously it felt cheap and rode cheap the link felt horrid un smooth and an un natural feel.

Ryan

I know what you mean, but different strokes for different folks. Some people feel the need to have a 35lb DH bike. I like the feeling of having a bike that really solid and doesn't flex on every impact. However, Trek made big enough press of this bike that it sold like hot cakes. Good on them.
exactly mostly hype the bike has a very dead feel

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 18:59 Quote
coaster156 wrote:
my advice is to try before you buy. I personally would perfer the trek, b/c of the custom tuned rear susp. E2 headtube, ABP, R1i suspension (evo link and stuff), and it just looks way better in my opinion.

What's with everybody's fetish with the Session's 'custom tuned suspension'? All that means is that the shock is tuned to work in conjunction with that suspension design. It isn't tuned to the rider. I love how everybody just eats up Trek's marketing. I can't deny it though, the Session is a beautiful bike.

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 18:59 Quote
poozank wrote:
clapforcanadaa wrote:
veet-88 wrote:

Ryan

dead feel wtf r u talking about?

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 19:02 Quote
laan71 wrote:
poozank wrote:
clapforcanadaa wrote:

dead feel wtf r u talking about?
seriously?

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 19:04 Quote
Common poozank, I saw one on the internet, it rode amazing!

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 19:21 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
lol

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 19:22 Quote
poozank wrote:
mr-wilson wrote:
lol

this guy is proboly a fanboy and hates all other brands

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 19:24 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
Me? Yeah ok...

Well. You are for Devinci.

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 19:25 Quote
laan71 wrote:
poozank wrote:
mr-wilson wrote:
lol

this guy is proboly a fanboy and hates all other brands
no i find a bike that rides well and get it i would buy outside of spesh if i found a bike I liked better

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 19:25 Quote
It's not my fault every other brand pales in comparison to Devinci Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012282
Mobile Version of Website