The Official Blue Mountain Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - East
The Official Blue Mountain Thread
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 18:35 Quote
[Quote="free629ride"][Quote="markbatt"][Quote="free629ride"][Quote="sherbet"]

Wow. Did you seriously expect them to let you up on that bike without a front brake? Come on man, if you have ever riden DH before you would know that you cant survive without one. just because you felt that putting on a front brake would make you a "newb" does not give you the right to critisize the liftee's. It's not thier fault, it's yours.

~Mark

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 18:58 Quote
[Quote="markbatt"][Quote="free629ride"][Quote="markbatt"][Quote="free629ride"]

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 19:05 Quote
[Quote="free629ride"][Quote="markbatt"][Quote="free629ride"][Quote="markbatt"]

Please dont talk to me as if i know nothing. I ride a Dobermann Pincher and I too ride with no front brake, but you cant seriously expect them to let you up there without a front brake. And if you acctually managed to ride every trail at a decent speed on that bike with no front brake, then kudo's to you, because you mare a much better ridder than most.

~Mark

[Quote="free629ride"][Quote="markbatt"][Quote="free629ride"][Quote="markbatt"]

So I just looked at your profile and you are a DJer!! wtf why are you arguing with me about riding a front brake when you dont on yur Dob!

What in the hell? ^^

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 19:26 Quote
freerider1234 wrote:
nicholas13richard wrote:
odin333 wrote:

yes blue is owned by intrawest, not only do they own blue and whistler, they also own tremblant and mount saint anne (not to sure about anne but i think i remember hearing that), they also own a bunch of resorts in the states and a few in europe, pretty much they own the best akiing and mountain biking in the world.

im pretty sure they dont own anne. Ive been to all of them and anne doesnt fit the mold
no they don't own st anne its owned by RCR the company that recently took all there jumps from there terrain parks(skiing)

they took the terrian park out at MT ST ANne
what!

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 6:56 Quote
[Quote="free629ride"][Quote="free629ride"][Quote="markbatt"][Quote="free629ride"]

you might only use it for dj, but if you take it up the lift to jump you still have to ride it down a trail from the jumps with no brake...thats why they didnt let you take it up.

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 8:00 Quote
[Quote="nothingsshocking"][Quote="free629ride"][Quote="free629ride"][Quote="markbatt"]

eh janes addiction, greetings. what he said. for real. this kinda argument is stupid. consider the liftees position. you could be gods gift to mtn biking, but he lets you up the chair, you eat shit because of a otb gone bad, and its his ass on the line-as well as the hills. out there in lawyer land im sure someone could stir a good lawsuit together abot reckless endangerment or something that'd make a mint. it doesnt matter how good you are, they have to make generalizations to cover their own asses. i havent seen anyone- as much as i like your bike, its dialled- riding big mtns in BC with a HT no front brake. at least not on a resort hill.

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 18:54 Quote
[Quote="obee1"][Quote="nothingsshocking"][Quote="free629ride"][Quote="free629ride"]

Your not getting it, I was riding there Canada day weekend on THE SAME BIKE with a rear brake and bald tires!!! BUT!!!! because this kid ate shit now I cant, does anyone see where Im coming from????

O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 19:35 Quote
[Quote="free629ride"][Quote="obee1"][Quote="nothingsshocking"][Quote="free629ride"]

its not one kid and its not beign forced it was a chioce to keep a possible future

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 19:55 Quote
markbatt i see where your coming from you rode your bike there before no problems but then u go back after the kid hurt himself nd they wouldnt let you on they did this to cover their ass like i was at the park and sum kid cased right on the edge of the big jump and sacked himself one of the patrol poeple were looking at his bike and the thing was a pos the brake disk brake didnt work the wheel wasnt tighten in and was just hanging on and the v-brakes on the front sucked it was like an ironhorse from sportcheck im sure your probably better on that bike than most of the people ridding fullys but they needed to play it safe banning you from goin up the lifts cus they dont want any rackety contraptionsblowing up and ruining the kid thats why the wouldnt let you up (not saying your bike is crap its a sick dj bike and you could easily do the easy run to the bottom i did it on my brothers scrap)

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 21:24 Quote
rowlands wrote:
non of the major accidents were caused by renters they were all caused by bike owners.

this is the crash that caused all of the worry at blue as you can see he is wearing a full face but is just being an idiot and hitting the wooden drops with too much speed.
i hit the big drop in the p park and in a way i am really glad that it was closed the tranny on that was way to steep and it had way too much run in so im not suprised a accident like this happened

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 21:31 Quote
[Quote="markbatt"][Quote="free629ride"][Quote="markbatt"][Quote="free629ride"]
did u not notice that pic he put theres no brakes on that bike. im just putting that out there

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 7:40 Quote
xr200racer wrote:
markbatt i see where your coming from you rode your bike there before no problems but then u go back after the kid hurt himself nd they wouldnt let you on they did this to cover their ass like i was at the park and sum kid cased right on the edge of the big jump and sacked himself one of the patrol poeple were looking at his bike and the thing was a pos the brake disk brake didnt work the wheel wasnt tighten in and was just hanging on and the v-brakes on the front sucked it was like an ironhorse from sportcheck im sure your probably better on that bike than most of the people ridding fullys but they needed to play it safe banning you from goin up the lifts cus they dont want any rackety contraptionsblowing up and ruining the kid thats why the wouldnt let you up (not saying your bike is crap its a sick dj bike and you could easily do the easy run to the bottom i did it on my brothers scrap)

I see where you are coming from, but you made one mistake. you accidentally quoted the wrong person. This message should have been directed towards free629ride. For the most part, i agree with you. blue has done this to cover their asses.

~Mark

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011958
Mobile Version of Website