Posted: Dec 23, 2008 at 17:06 Quote
tulstot4 wrote:
bxxer-rider wrote:
hope all the way!nothing else, ever

i got a hope m4 and the power is not great. a hayes hfx9 is better
hfx 9s SUCK

FL
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 at 9:58 Quote
well i could get two white codes for £200 but i really dont want to spend much. So it look likely to be the elixiers

Posted: Dec 24, 2008 at 10:03 Quote
you can get a set of white codes on ebay for $250-300 US

Posted: Dec 24, 2008 at 10:14 Quote
dont get juicey 5 i did worst thing iv ever done

Posted: Dec 24, 2008 at 10:15 Quote
i like the code 5's they have great power!

Posted: Dec 24, 2008 at 10:23 Quote
I have tried every other brake on her (except for Funn, and Code 5) and honestly, the Saints were by far the most amazing brake I have ever felt, and possibly the most power full, and this is a guy who rides Hope M6 Ti's. The Saints are pretty bling too. They are more expensive, but satisfactory garaunteed my friend. And now that they have amped there game to 4 pistons, they now have better modulation and power than previous models. But If they are out of your price range, the Elixer R's aren't too bad, and neither are the Stroker TRAILS.

Posted: Dec 24, 2008 at 12:25 Quote
i need new brakes also, and my neighbor has stroker trails which are pretty powerful...are the avid elixirs as powerful as strokers?

Posted: Dec 24, 2008 at 12:31 Quote
luke-clementss wrote:

i have the juicy 5's and theyre great, better than the hope mini i used to run and the moto m4 i tried on my mates bike.

for me theyre powerful yet i have loads of control, as opposed to being on off style. they work brilliantly in the rain, and are nice and quiet too. best brakes ive ever had, the only ones ive had the come close are some old julies i had.

only real problem i've had is that the pads are kinda hard to replace.

i dont see why everyone hates them.

Posted: Dec 24, 2008 at 17:00 Quote
therevfryslim wrote:
luke-clementss wrote:

i have the juicy 5's and theyre great, better than the hope mini i used to run and the moto m4 i tried on my mates bike.

for me theyre powerful yet i have loads of control, as opposed to being on off style. they work brilliantly in the rain, and are nice and quiet too. best brakes ive ever had, the only ones ive had the come close are some old julies i had.

well, juicy fives are good for a freeride bike, and if he was a freerider, than i would say juicys all the way, but for downhill, you need stronger brakes(my opinion) and juicys won't cut it.

O+
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 at 17:18 Quote
Tried the new elexir cr this summer in whistler, awesome brakes. Had juicy 5, hfx 9 and stroker trail in the past, those are all okay.. brakes. Had avid code 7 on my dh bike, wow, very powerful brakes, high-maintenance and pads have short life. The best brakes ever, light and very powerful, awesome modulation, many adjustments: shimano xt m775.

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 6:32 Quote
steezymcgee wrote:
therevfryslim wrote:
luke-clementss wrote:

well, juicy fives are good for a freeride bike, and if he was a freerider, than i would say juicys all the way, but for downhill, you need stronger brakes(my opinion) and juicys won't cut it.

i see ok. they came stock on my glory and yeah tbh i only use it for freeride rather than hardcore dh however [as mentioned in another thread] i did 60mph over the summer and slowed down damn quickly, had to cos there was a junction at the bottom of the hill!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014766
Mobile Version of Website