How much do DH wordcup racers get paid?

PB Forum :: Downhill
How much do DH wordcup racers get paid?
Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 15:01 Quote
thats the question, football players get milions, formula 1 drivers get milions,
what about sam hill, peaty, etc,etc.etc?

how much you guys think they get?

i dont now if this has bin asked before, i used search but havent found anything

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 15:07 Quote
not alot for the effort they put in. but im sure they fare well. i mean have you seen the cedric garcia cribs? he has a sweet house and only bikes / sponsors. no job. and hes doing well. so you can deff make a good living off of it, but its no where near formula 1/ football/ baseball/ basketball
Views: 39,760    Faves: 1,770    Comments: 145

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 15:11 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
not alot for the effort they put in. but im sure they fare well. i mean have you seen the cedric garcia cribs? he has a sweet house and only bikes / sponsors. no job. and hes doing well. so you can deff make a good living off of it, but its no where near formula 1/ football/ baseball/ basketball

Pretty sure CG did a bit of property development.

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 15:18 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
not alot for the effort they put in. but im sure they fare well. i mean have you seen the cedric garcia cribs? he has a sweet house and only bikes / sponsors. no job. and hes doing well. so you can deff make a good living off of it, but its no where near formula 1/ football/ baseball/ basketball.

[Quoten]What do you like to do outside of riding?
Taking care of furious agency, my sport marketing agency as well as my bar of course and now my bike shop.[/Quoten]

Source

He may not have a formal job, but he also puts in work outside of just riding a bike.

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 15:19 Quote
sam hill and brendon get 40,000 a year i know this because ive spent the last four days with them

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 15:22 Quote
$40K/Year isn't much at all. I make a little more than that at my job, along with my fiance's pay, we get by...

millbox wrote:
sam hill and brendon get 40,000 a year i know this because ive spent the last four days with them

40,000 what

ezekiel wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
not alot for the effort they put in. but im sure they fare well. i mean have you seen the cedric garcia cribs? he has a sweet house and only bikes / sponsors. no job. and hes doing well. so you can deff make a good living off of it, but its no where near formula 1/ football/ baseball/ basketball.

[Quoten]What do you like to do outside of riding?
Taking care of furious agency, my sport marketing agency as well as my bar of course and now my bike shop.[/Quoten]

Source

He may not have a formal job, but he also puts in work outside of just riding a bike.
o i wasnt implying that he just bums around all day, i know he has a shop, but for living a pretty chill lifestyle, hes well off. i know he has put a lot of hard work into it.

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 15:27 Quote
cowieuk wrote:
millbox wrote:

40,000 what

they get paid with rice.

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 15:29 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
wow that is one nice house. anyone know where it is?

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 15:32 Quote
millbox wrote:

You were with them over christmas? How come?

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 15:32 Quote
Cedric owns a bar too

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 15:33 Quote
jascha100 wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
wow that is one nice house. anyone know where it is?

Andorra.

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 15:34 Quote
Csight wrote:
cowieuk wrote:
millbox wrote:

40,000 what

they get paid with rice.

haha, that'd suck.

But yeah theres no way that £40,000.

USD 40,000 is GBP 27,000

Stupid ass economy, Wasn't too long ago the pound was worth like 2 US dollars Frown

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 15:35 Quote
But they don't get paid a lot. They get paid enough to live off, and to pay for the expenses of travelling acorss the world riding bikes. They don't have enough to purely live off. Most have bike shops, other means of earning money outside Mountain bikes, I know that Minnaar has his own bikeshop, CG has a bar, bikeshop etc, they do a lot of coursebuilding, movies, photoshoots that bring in extra cash.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.055330
Mobile Version of Website