Budget M6 Build help

PB Forum :: Downhill
Budget M6 Build help
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 at 7:06 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
To be honest, not that frame. The geometry is super unique and very different than many other DH bikes on the market. It feels completely different which takes time to get used to. There are BB issues with it being super low, cranks hitting the ground even with thin profile pedals and 165mm arms, super slack headtube angle, and the weight isn't that impressive for a bike with that price tag. Yes, it is an Intense and they are great bikes and utilize VPP better than Santa Cruz does but there are equally as good of bikes out there that are cheaper and just as good. Like I've said before, you aren't going to be gaining this bike's competitive advantage with the components you are going to be using for the build so I don't see the point in having "the best" frame out there with mediocre parts. The weight of these components will add up quickly.

"twocents:

I see where you are coming from. the bb issue you can work with by adding the differnt drop outs that come with the frame. I also came from a Sunday.

so there is a few parts that gain a competitive edge But dont think that a shifter is one of them. I took that in to consternation in the build too but trust me i love the feel of a world cup over a team.

so what you are saying is change the frame. I have been looking in to that the whole time. one of the frames i am thinking about is a commencal vip supreme. retail for the vip supreme is about what i can get the m6 at. but the think is i have no ride time on any commencal and i have had quite a bit on an m6. I love the ideas that go in to the supreme.

Posted: Jan 14, 2009 at 7:13 Quote
skiforfree33 wrote:
laurie1 wrote:
To be honest, not that frame. The geometry is super unique and very different than many other DH bikes on the market. It feels completely different which takes time to get used to. There are BB issues with it being super low, cranks hitting the ground even with thin profile pedals and 165mm arms, super slack headtube angle, and the weight isn't that impressive for a bike with that price tag. Yes, it is an Intense and they are great bikes and utilize VPP better than Santa Cruz does but there are equally as good of bikes out there that are cheaper and just as good. Like I've said before, you aren't going to be gaining this bike's competitive advantage with the components you are going to be using for the build so I don't see the point in having "the best" frame out there with mediocre parts. The weight of these components will add up quickly.

"twocents:

I see where you are coming from. the bb issue you can work with by adding the differnt drop outs that come with the frame. I also came from a Sunday.

so there is a few parts that gain a competitive edge But dont think that a shifter is one of them. I took that in to consternation in the build too but trust me i love the feel of a world cup over a team.

so what you are saying is change the frame. I have been looking in to that the whole time. one of the frames i am thinking about is a commencal vip supreme. retail for the vip supreme is about what i can get the m6 at. but the think is i have no ride time on any commencal and i have had quite a bit on an m6. I love the ideas that go in to the supreme.

i recomend the commencal (and of corse theres nothing that could make me biased...)

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 18:34 Quote
I ordered the frame last Monday and should be coming in feb. 1st I got the frame in Works Blue and i have most of the parts ordered and should be coming in soon. this is the build that i am going to have when complete and parts will be upgraded as the season goes on

FRAME Intense M6
FORK Boxxer Team 2007 till the 2010 are available
HANDLEBAR Sunline V-OS (29.5 IN)
STEM Sunline
HEADSET Cane Creek Double Xc reduces
CRANK Shimano Saint (M-800)- 165mm
RINGS E.13 Guide Ring 36 tooth
PEDALS Easton Flatboy
SADDLE SDG I-Fly
SEATPOST SDG I-Beam
WHEELS Hadleys w/ 721
Guide E.13 LG.1 Guide W/ Taco the new guide
R. DER SRAM X.9 Short-Cage
SHIFTER SRAM X.9
BRAKES Avid Elixir R 203mm
TIRES Maxxis High Roller 2.5 - ST

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 19:49 Quote
that's gonna be a sick bike dude

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 20:31 Quote
pake wrote:
that's gonna be a sick bike dude

thanks man! I am stoked!

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 20:36 Quote
The M6 will not let you down.

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 20:37 Quote
skiforfree33 wrote:
I ordered the frame last Monday and should be coming in feb. 1st I got the frame in Works Blue and i have most of the parts ordered and should be coming in soon. this is the build that i am going to have when complete and parts will be upgraded as the season goes on

FRAME Intense M6
STEM Sunline
PEDALS Easton Flatboy
SADDLE SDG I-Fly
SEATPOST SDG I-Beam
WHEELS Hadleys w/ 721
SHIFTER SRAM X.9

The new boxxer is already available at www.jensonusa.com

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 20:53 Quote
foxmtbing wrote:
skiforfree33 wrote:

FRAME Intense M6
STEM Sunline
PEDALS Easton Flatboy
SADDLE SDG I-Fly
SEATPOST SDG I-Beam
WHEELS Hadleys w/ 721
SHIFTER SRAM X.9

I know its on www.jensonusa.com but i dont believe it is available yet. I was looking through the QBP and it said to call on the price but i should just call RS and ask them.

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 21:03 Quote
skiforfree33 wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:
skiforfree33 wrote:

FRAME Intense M6
STEM Sunline
PEDALS Easton Flatboy
SADDLE SDG I-Fly
SEATPOST SDG I-Beam
WHEELS Hadleys w/ 721
SHIFTER SRAM X.9

I know its on www.jensonusa.com but i dont believe it is available yet. I was looking through the QBP and it said to call on the price but i should just call RS and ask them.

They are a special order part, if you order it, it should ship in about 3-4 weeks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.026881
Mobile Version of Website