Sub 28 Dj/Street (Scale Shots) W/Discussion (Scales Can Be Purchased @ At LPS)

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Sub 28 Dj/Street (Scale Shots) W/Discussion (Scales Can Be Purchased @ At LPS)
Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 17:15 Quote
I think the triangle might be stiffer but with the sketchy chain stays inches away from the actual triangle Im sure it must loose pretty much all that stiffness. I may be wrong though.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 17:19 Quote
The point of that chainstay design is that you get the give like Chromoly/steel (flex as some would call it). It's an expensive frame for a reason alot of time has been spent designing and testing it.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 17:20 Quote
Seems like a silly design in that case.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 21:45 Quote
Mrkomodo wrote:
The point of that chainstay design is that you get the give like Chromoly/steel (flex as some would call it). It's an expensive frame for a reason alot of time has been spent designing and testing it.
actually you described it dead on. I should've described this earlier, but I don't notice any lateral flex on the vimana (berms and corners), but however, I do notice vertical flex, on landings in dirt, skateparks etc... But unfortunately I also notice that up and down flex on pump tracks. Feels sluggish for 4X/ pump track racing.

Posted: Feb 4, 2015 at 0:13 Quote
Mrkomodo wrote:
a lot of time was spent designing that aborted fetus they called a DH bike too...

Posted: Feb 4, 2015 at 9:15 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
BuffaloSolja wrote:
if i got an sx trail id get an air shock
I'm talking about the 4 inch travel one, which has an air shock. The longer travel one wouldn't really be rideable on dirt jumps.

no sx non trails available in the uk.

Posted: Feb 4, 2015 at 15:14 Quote
You guys are pretty close minded. I haven't heard a single bad review from people who actually own the frame. They all love it. I've ridden one and it was awesome. Some notice flex but those who have looked into it aren't scared or sketched about it it's all on purpose. Yea maybe some don't like the look i can understand that, but it's unreal at what it's made for.

Posted: Feb 4, 2015 at 15:17 Quote
Mrkomodo wrote:
You guys are pretty close minded. I haven't heard a single bad review from people who actually own the frame. They all love it. I've ridden one and it was awesome. Some notice flex but those who have looked into it aren't scared or sketched about it it's all on purpose. Yea maybe some don't like the look i can understand that, but it's unreal at what it's made for.
Edit: Ignore. Thought that was about the sx...

Posted: Feb 4, 2015 at 20:23 Quote
Mrkomodo wrote:
yeah people are all sketched out by the dropouts, but have they ever seen one break? Especially with messere and chubey boosting the living sh*t out of them

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2015 at 20:25 Quote
wite-trash-azn wrote:
Mrkomodo wrote:
yeah people are all sketched out by the dropouts, but have they ever seen one break? Especially with messere and chubey boosting the living sh*t out of them
......pretty sure chubey wrecked one.....

Posted: Feb 4, 2015 at 20:33 Quote
DJRYNO4LIFE wrote:
wite-trash-azn wrote:
Mrkomodo wrote:
ssshhhhhhh

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2015 at 21:50 Quote
wite-trash-azn wrote:
DJRYNO4LIFE wrote:
wite-trash-azn wrote:
ssshhhhhhh
Was at the tt and ht junction though so the chain stays are golden!

Posted: Feb 5, 2015 at 0:12 Quote
DJRYNO4LIFE wrote:
wite-trash-azn wrote:
DJRYNO4LIFE wrote:

ssshhhhhhh
Was at the tt and ht junction though so the chain stays are golden!
ultimate strength and stiffness aren't related...

I can't take Morpheus seriously since the DH bike.

Posted: Feb 5, 2015 at 7:28 Quote
just knocked this one out......11.3kg (24.9lbs)
Dartmoor 26player - 11.3kg

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2015 at 7:35 Quote
red-m9 wrote:
just knocked this one out......11.3kg (24.9lbs)

Just a tad lighter than mine @ 25.6lbs... Even though your forks are certainly heavier I'm not sure where you saved the rest of the weight lol, sweet build though!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027511
Mobile Version of Website