Info on living in Whistler

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Info on living in Whistler
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 9:06 Quote
huckingaDemo7 wrote:
brassballs wrote:
anybody who plans to move to whistler, make sur eyou have cold hard cash in your bank account. you will need to write a damage deposit cheque rigth away witch is half the months rent. and then the months rent.
thats how it is done in BC instead of first and last months rent.
if any of oyu have your own car, your better off checking close by towns and just comuting. squamish has a lot of people that work in whistler.

Thanks for the heads up. Oh ya badass zuk, you on zukicrawlers?
check it once in a while, i use zuwharie and pirate

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 15:42 Quote
seb-clawhammer wrote:
Just a quick heads up guys, I know it's early but in the place in Whistler I'm staying at now there will be a few beds coming up for rent around May time if anyone is interested? Currently the rent is $400 a month each, inc. utilities as there are 8 people staying in the house. So if anyone wants a cheap place to stay over the summer then just drop me a message and I'll try sort something out for you. With the rent being so cheap it means I don't have to work the winter or the summer Razz

Pete

Sounds like a good deal, as long as the guys are all cool. Thats a lot of people in one place though, how many bedrooms and bathrooms are there?

Posted: Mar 5, 2009 at 9:59 Quote
Hi everyone! I am looking for a place in Whistler or even within half hour of Whistler with two bedrooms, and furnished if possible for May 1st! If anyone could help me that would be great!

Thanks, Kell

Posted: Mar 6, 2009 at 15:46 Quote
Hey Guys,

After reading through the thread briefly, I've noticed at least a few of you looking for accomodations for the summer and beyond.

I posted a thread "Room for Rent in Whistler" that you should check out. The rent is slightly higher - but keep in mind you get what you pay for.

Also, I believe if you want to be a guide in the Bike Park, you just have to attend a small course to do so. The rate of pay obviosly depends on your experience, but if they are anything like the winter jobs- then experience does pay off.

FL
Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 15:34 Quote
dobermanntrials wrote:
seb-clawhammer wrote:
Just a quick heads up guys, I know it's early but in the place in Whistler I'm staying at now there will be a few beds coming up for rent around May time if anyone is interested? Currently the rent is $400 a month each, inc. utilities as there are 8 people staying in the house. So if anyone wants a cheap place to stay over the summer then just drop me a message and I'll try sort something out for you. With the rent being so cheap it means I don't have to work the winter or the summer Razz

Pete

Sounds like a good deal, as long as the guys are all cool. Thats a lot of people in one place though, how many bedrooms and bathrooms are there?

There are 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms in the house, 2 bedrooms upstairs sleeping 2 each and a bathroom, then downstairs is a 4-share room which I'm in with an en-suite bathroom too. Location is super sweet too, it's a 7 minute walk to the lifts or I guess a 2 minute ride! Just message me if you're genuinely interested

Pete

FL
Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 16:06 Quote
hey guys, im looking at doing one of the instructor courses at whistler and was wondering how high the chances of getting work after recieving the qualifications were.

is any one here a guide?

or are you all just locals/tourists?

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 10:27 Quote
The Peak leaders one actually helps you find a job once the course is over.

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 8:37 Quote
We'll give you as much help as we can with finding a job after your course with us, at the end of the day it's up to you though as we can't speak for the employers. However over the duration of one of our courses, you'll be spending 5 or 6 days a week with the Whistler Blackcomb instructors so you'll be in the best possible situation to get to know them and the mountain which obviously will be of a help when looking for employment for the following summer!

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 13:09 Quote
Hey guys its getting closer.Eek

Where is bay shore? How far from the village
Creekside?
Alta Vista?

Sorry for the question but I cant find these places on the map.

FL
Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 13:17 Quote
cohenp wrote:
Does anyone know how to find good places to live in Whistler? I don't want to live in staff accomodation or anything like that. Somewhere to rent for a month at a halfway reasonable rate. I've tried google and I'm waiting for some replies but nothing is really excellent yet.

when are you going? we may have a bed spare in a really nice apartment. rent a week would be £100ish (not sure what that is in dollars)

Mod
Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 13:22 Quote
huckingaDemo7 wrote:
Hey guys its getting closer.Eek

Where is bay shore? How far from the village
Creekside?
Alta Vista?

Sorry for the question but I cant find these places on the map.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.resortac.com/images/maps/whistler_map.gif

FL
Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 13:28 Quote
shearny wrote:
hey guys, im looking at doing one of the instructor courses at whistler and was wondering how high the chances of getting work after recieving the qualifications were.

is any one here a guide?

or are you all just locals/tourists?

same here. there isnt a hope in hell of me being able to afford the peakleaders course either. if anybody has done the IDP things in a previous season please let me know how easy finding a job is afterwards. I'm desperate to work as a instructor/guide but if it's just not going to happen then i need a plan B. any help is grealy appreciated!!

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 13:31 Quote
here is another instructor training course for a bike camp on the shore. If I'm not in SA i'll be taking that course, ive done the camp to its great, they are also one of the more popular camps locally.

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 3:45 Quote
You can check out the 4 week Professional Mountain Bike Instructor courses with Base Camp Group too.

I did it last summer and it was frickin awesome. Stayed in sweet chalet in town and had a wicked time riding the bike park and some of the local XC trails. Would defo recommend it to anyone out there. Also its during Crankworx 08 which i voluntereed on while i was there and won a free Cove Sanchez frame in the crankworx prize draw - sick!!

There website is www.basecampgroup.com.Beer

Posted: Dec 10, 2009 at 0:58 Quote
I dont know if its been mentioned but you could always work in Vancouver for the winter rent a place down there then in the summer just ride.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.040886
Mobile Version of Website