What Manitou products are you running and rate it....

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
What Manitou products are you running and rate it....
O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 9:32 Quote
i was rolling with a manitou metal r and stances up front. the metal was replaced on warranty after four rides on the shore,and it's replacement literally fell apart within a year of mostly commuting while recovering from broken collar bone. it is in several pieces no longer fixable. and the forks had absolutly zero small bump compliance, after changing seals and springs with no change in performance i threw the #@$%#ing thing out. and if you are going to design your forks with the rebound dial on the bottom of the fork lowers you need some protection for it(duh). it would be nice to actually be able to adjust your fork after your third ride. i did however like the color.

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 at 12:30 Quote
come on don't let this thread die!!!

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 at 12:45 Quote
trailchef wrote:
i was rolling with a manitou metal r and stances up front. the metal was replaced on warranty after four rides on the shore,and it's replacement literally fell apart within a year of mostly commuting while recovering from broken collar bone. it is in several pieces no longer fixable. and the forks had absolutly zero small bump compliance, after changing seals and springs with no change in performance i threw the #@$%#ing thing out. and if you are going to design your forks with the rebound dial on the bottom of the fork lowers you need some protection for it(duh). it would be nice to actually be able to adjust your fork after your third ride. i did however like the color.
lol course everyone complains that the metal and stance suck but its obvious they are LOW END parts. you get what you pay for.

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 at 12:48 Quote
i had a metel rear schock. was alright for the price. i snapped it though jumping off my 3 foot high garden wall! Very confused anyway about 4/10

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 7:08 Quote
tulstot4 wrote:
i had a metel rear schock. was alright for the price. i snapped it though jumping off my 3 foot high garden wall! Very confused anyway about 4/10

wtf How much do u weight Confused

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 7:16 Quote
Running some nixon forks with stance lowers on my dj bike...Actualy feels better than marz's and i prefer the ride to those of fox's.

Sam

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 11:40 Quote
a buddy has a manitou sherman dc, with nixon lower's he just got it rebuilt and man does it feeel nice. i'd give it a 8/10

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 12:04 Quote
On my hardtail running Axel (forks) (think there) 07! though they've broken but really good until the rebound adjust broke! Frown

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 13:05 Quote
i have a travis 150, and id give it an 7/10

when i first bought it, it ran amazing, but a year later it doesnt feel half and nice and then black stantions are turning white

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 13:06 Quote
manitou stance blunt 170mm 3/10

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 13:10 Quote
I've got a 2001ish SX-r, it isn't bad really it's got pre-load and TPC damping Redface It's pretty light, doesn't seem too flexy and hasn't broken yet.

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 13:29 Quote
TRAVIS TI TRIPLE INTRINSIC 2007 6.5/10Salute
very good prforming fork but too linear for my riding style and small truning circle huge a-c height tooRolleyes

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 15:09 Quote
petermoosefat wrote:
i have a travis 150, and id give it an 7/10

when i first bought it, it ran amazing, but a year later it doesnt feel half and nice and then black stantions are turning white
maybe you should get a rebuild???

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 15:11 Quote
I have a 2006 Sherman Jumper. Love the fork. Even after 3 full seasons on it without an overhaul (terrible maintenance I know) it still feels great!

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 15:24 Quote
01' Magnum R's.. greatest fork I've ever owned. Gotta love elastomer. lol..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017410
Mobile Version of Website