Transition Revolution Rims

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Transition Revolution Rims
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 16:40 Quote
Right now on my norco I have an alexrims supra bh pro rear rim and a syncros dps32 front rim. With my job about to get on the roll, I'll have some cash flow coming in and I am taking a look at some new rims that are fairly cheap. Right away I saw the revolution wheelsets were under 300 usd and that caught my attention right away. They have the looks and I know transition is a great company but how well do they hold up? I checked out some threads but didnt really get much detail on the stregnth and how long they normally last. Give me what you got.

FL
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 at 16:19 Quote
i personally wouldnt get them. they dont take side impacts very well at all. my back rim is super flexy. the front one is holding up alrite tho

Posted: Jan 14, 2009 at 16:24 Quote
yeah that doesnt sound too good. I need a rim that can take a good beating cause im doing lots of whips and big hits.

FL
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 at 22:06 Quote
norcofreeridderr wrote:
yeah that doesnt sound too good. I need a rim that can take a good beating cause im doing lots of whips and big hits.

then i defintaly wouldnt recommend it

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 2:13 Quote
I've been on a Revolution 36 wheelset for about nine months now and I haven't had a single problem. I weigh close to 200 pounds fully geared up and the wheels have held up to resort style abuse, jumps and drops.

I had a similar pricepoint in mind when I was shopping for wheels and it was either the Revolutions or the Azonic Outlaw.

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 6:00 Quote
delop3 wrote:
I've been on a Revolution 36 wheelset for about nine months now and I haven't had a single problem. I weigh close to 200 pounds fully geared up and the wheels have held up to resort style abuse, jumps and drops.

I had a similar pricepoint in mind when I was shopping for wheels and it was either the Revolutions or the Azonic Outlaw.
Yep. The outlaws are also a possibility as well. I weigh 180 without gear so mabe 185 ish with gear on. I would probably get the 36 over the 32 if I were to buy them

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 6:02 Quote
Ive heard nothing but good things about the revolution 36's

Ive got an 08 A-Line and im pucrchasing those in about a month... white ones...

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 6:42 Quote
That-Norco-Dude wrote:

Yeah for the price of under 300 for a complete wheelset, you cant really go wrong. As long as they lost at least 2 seasons then I should be fine because I wont hold onto my aline any longer

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 6:46 Quote
norcofreeridderr wrote:
That-Norco-Dude wrote:

Yeah for the price of under 300 for a complete wheelset, you cant really go wrong. As long as they lost at least 2 seasons then I should be fine because I wont hold onto my aline any longer

yea mine came with s types but when i went to diablo , that place took a toll on em...

at snowshoe my s=types are fine but i need 36 spokes... im kina bigger and i go big and i reek havoc on wheels

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 6:58 Quote
norcofreeridderr wrote:
Right now on my norco I have an alexrims supra bh pro rear rim and a syncros dps32 front rim. With my job about to get on the roll, I'll have some cash flow coming in and I am taking a look at some new rims that are fairly cheap. Right away I saw the revolution wheelsets were under 300 usd and that caught my attention right away. They have the looks and I know transition is a great company but how well do they hold up? I checked out some threads but didnt really get much detail on the stregnth and how long they normally last. Give me what you got.

I was going to go with the Outlaw for my Norco VPS Shore but instead went with the Mavic DeeTrak - paid a bit more for the Mavic's but I'm very happy with them.

I'm still liking the Outlaw's and maybe will get a set for my Azonic DS2 that I recently rebuilt.

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 7:06 Quote
ive had both, and both are great the revolutions need a lkittle more matinence attention though. ive had my outlaws for 3 years and they are true and running smooth

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 7:33 Quote
are they good for freeride/DH???

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 7:40 Quote
j-a-m-e-s wrote:

I believe they are. That was why I selected mine.

Prior to my Mavic's I had a set of custom made wheels; AtomicLab "Trail Pimp", Marzocchi front hub and a Hadley rear hub (hub selection was because that's what I had on hand Smile ).

Nothing wrong with my prior wheelset - I still have 'em as my backup set.

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 7:55 Quote
rkuhn wrote:
j-a-m-e-s wrote:

I believe they are. That was why I selected mine.

Prior to my Mavic's I had a set of custom made wheels; AtomicLab "Trail Pimp", Marzocchi front hub and a Hadley rear hub (hub selection was because that's what I had on hand Smile ).

Nothing wrong with my prior wheelset - I still have 'em as my backup set.

OK Thanks i might grab some

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011769
Mobile Version of Website