PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
24" Trials Thread! Post pics and Talk 24
Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 7:29 Quote
sticcck wrote:
hey jasson
what wheelset is that man
looks f*cking nice
kings on what rims?
Adamant non disc hubs on a bomshell rim on the front, and trialtech rim on the rear.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 15:01 Quote
This is really the only picture I have of my 24. thinking about changing to a shorter stem and lower bar and also thinking about trying a v brake. It's such a fun bike though.

photo

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 15:17 Quote
reidchallis wrote:
This is really the only picture I have of my 24. thinking about changing to a shorter stem and lower bar and also thinking about trying a v brake. It's such a fun bike though.

photo

What type of frame is that?

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 15:55 Quote
reset, i'll post a spec list a little later too.

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 15:56 Quote
reidchallis wrote:
Looks really freaking long!

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 16:27 Quote
photo

another picture I found.
Long? I duno it doesnt feel long but I would like to ride an inspired sometime and see how it feels compared to the reset.

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 16:56 Quote
reidchallis wrote:
photo

another picture I found.
Long? I duno it doesnt feel long but I would like to ride an inspired sometime and see how it feels compared to the reset.
Whats the reach measurement of your reset? (this is measured from the center of the bb to the top center of the headtube. You can see an example here.)

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 18:07 Quote
inspired- wrote:
street55dirt wrote:
inspired- wrote:
Nice! That ride looks sweet! But are you really gonna ride it with no seat?

Most of us do?

Hah i made a trials jokelol
Well, I know thatSmile I just meant that if he slips up, thats one sore ass right there:P

see, thats the thing, he dosn't mess up

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 16:22 Quote
reidchallis wrote:

now i wish i had orderd a reset.
your bike looks pretty awesome man
is that a 3 inch riser bar?

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 19:38 Quote
Yeah it's a 3 inch riser bar. I'm still debating something a bit shorter, shorter stem and two inch rise or something. I'm not sure.

Frame: Reset
Fork: Meta
Headset: Chris King
Bars: Dirty 3 inch riser
Grips: Fit
Front Brake: hope mono trials
Back Brake: Hope mon trials, going to try magura though
BB: Meta
Cranks: Middleburn with heatsink bash 18 tooth
Pedals: trialtech magnesium
Seat Clamp: Profile
Seat post: Inspired
Seat: Inspired
Rims: dx32s
Hubs: Hope pro 2 front and rear
Tires: schwalbe table tops thinking about switching to knobs, maxxiss highroller in the back

if theres anything i forgot you want to know just ask

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 9:51 Quote
reidchallis wrote:
Yeah it's a 3 inch riser bar. I'm still debating something a bit shorter, shorter stem and two inch rise or something. I'm not sure.

on my old 24uk i ran a Xc flatbar for a while and it felt great.
my buddys reset is built quite similar to yours with the 3 inch rise and after riding it, i wasnt too comftarable on the bar height that high.

try a standard riser it might make a huge differance.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 21:36 Quote
Any sugestions? I'm not too sure what to throw on there. I was thinking shorter stem with a decent rise bar but not too much but I dont know how short or how high. I went with the three inch riser because it bunnyhopped easier and I dont want to loose that but I feel I can make the bike feel even better.

I was just looking online and I'm thinking about the deity bars but does anyoen have an idea for a good stem length and rise?

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 23:11 Quote
reidchallis wrote:
Any sugestions? I'm not too sure what to throw on there. I was thinking shorter stem with a decent rise bar but not too much but I dont know how short or how high. I went with the three inch riser because it bunnyhopped easier and I dont want to loose that but i feel i can make the bike feel even better.

i found with a lower rise bar
it was better manuvrability over all.
i was just running an eastonEA50 bar, so something similar to that.

Posted: Feb 6, 2009 at 14:14 Quote
I am ex-bmxer who has gained a little weight but am on my way back to my fighting weight. I am currently looking to get a 24" bike to use for park and mainly trials. I am 6'2" and 250lbs aiming at 210 so I need a beefy ride. I was looking at an Eastern Traildigger to start with and to beef it up as I go. Being in the U.S it is hard to find trials specific rides. Any way I would like your opinion on this ride to start with. http://easternbikes.com/completes/34
Also is the 24" rims any stronger than the 26" that is why I am looking at 24?
Any suggestions welcome.

Posted: Feb 6, 2009 at 15:30 Quote
Fatboy415 wrote:
I am ex-bmxer who has gained a little weight but am on my way back to my fighting weight. I am currently looking to get a 24" bike to use for park and mainly trials. I am 6'2" and 250lbs aiming at 210 so I need a beefy ride. I was looking at an Eastern Traildigger to start with and to beef it up as I go. Being in the U.S it is hard to find trials specific rides. Any way I would like your opinion on this ride to start with. http://easternbikes.com/completes/34
Also is the 24" rims any stronger than the 26" that is why I am looking at 24?
Any suggestions welcome.
An eastern traildigger wont be very good for trials. I wouldn't really recommend one.

It sounds to me like you're looking for something quite strong, yet agile. Marino bike makes custom frames at an excellent price. I just ordered a marino frame and fork a little while ago...Frames are $120 USD + shipping and forks are $45 + shipping. He's located in Peru, so shipping costs are a bit more than average (was $65 for my frame and fork together.) But, you can get a frame and fork designed to your exact specifications.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030039
Mobile Version of Website