24" Trials Thread! Post pics and Talk 24

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
24" Trials Thread! Post pics and Talk 24
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 at 16:20 Quote
biker960 wrote:
Fatboy415 wrote:
I am ex-bmxer who has gained a little weight but am on my way back to my fighting weight. I am currently looking to get a 24" bike to use for park and mainly trials. I am 6'2" and 250lbs aiming at 210 so I need a beefy ride. I was looking at an Eastern Traildigger to start with and to beef it up as I go. Being in the U.S it is hard to find trials specific rides. Any way I would like your opinion on this ride to start with. http://easternbikes.com/completes/34
Also is the 24" rims any stronger than the 26" that is why I am looking at 24?
Any suggestions welcome.
An eastern traildigger wont be very good for trials. I wouldn't really recommend one.

It sounds to me like you're looking for something quite strong, yet agile. Marino bike makes custom frames at an excellent price. I just ordered a marino frame and fork a little while ago...Frames are $120 USD + shipping and forks are $45 + shipping. He's located in Peru, so shipping costs are a bit more than average (was $65 for my frame and fork together.) But, you can get a frame and fork designed to your exact specifications.

dont worry about being 250
if your going to go with marino he does full out custom specs
its worth it.
or get urself a reset, high cost but good frames

any of hte 24" frames will be fine
unless ur planning on landing on ur downtube over rails all day
youll be ok

Posted: Feb 6, 2009 at 16:53 Quote
That is freaking amazing. Thanks for the suggestion. I am now going to do a little research and go with Marino thanks again.tup

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 10:29 Quote
Fatboy415 wrote:
That is freaking amazing. Thanks for the suggestion. I am now going to do a little research and go with Marino thanks again.tup

did you end up going with the marino?

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 10:56 Quote
Dude, my frame arrived today. I havent seen it yet, I just got a message from my brother on FB. I'll take lots of pics when I get home, and I might even build it up tonight.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 11:59 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
Dude, my frame arrived today. I havent seen it yet, I just got a message from my brother on FB. I'll take lots of pics when I get home, and I might even build it up tonight.
Yes! Finally! pics ASAP lol

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 12:56 Quote
inspired- wrote:
jason222bike wrote:
Yes! Finally! pics ASAP lol
I can't find my camera. I think my brother may have taken it with him when he went snowboarding.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 14:43 Quote
jason222bike wrote:

Do you have pics yet?

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 16:53 Quote
see how quick marino is
the guy builds your custom frame in a week
did you go complete custom spec?

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 17:17 Quote
sticcck wrote:
see how quick marino is
the guy builds your custom frame in a week
did you go complete custom spec?
24UK geo...lots of cutouts and stuff on the frame. Custom fork, 410x35.

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 20:44 Quote
photo
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/photo/2998/pbpic2998724.jpg

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 7:19 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
photo
YEAHHHHH!!! Who needs a seat anyways?:P Did marino ever get back to you about that thing in the seat tube?

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 8:06 Quote
inspired- wrote:
jason222bike wrote:
photo
YEAHHHHH!!! Who needs a seat anyways?:P Did marino ever get back to you about that thing in the seat tube?
ya, it was just a shim to make sure the seat tube didn't get damaged during shipping.

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 11:00 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
inspired- wrote:
jason222bike wrote:
photo
ya, it was just a shim to make sure the seat tube didn't get damaged during shipping.
Sweet! Hope that sheds some weight.

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 19:45 Quote
hey man your bike looks awesome
how does it ride?
whats it like have ur front brake the way it is

and why do you have a deraileur hanger if you use the echo tensioner

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 19:54 Quote
sticcck wrote:
hey man your bike looks awesome
how does it ride?
whats it like have ur front brake the way it is

and why do you have a deraileur hanger if you use the echo tensioner
The hanger is a part of the frame, can't be removed.

The bike rides good. I like the geometry a lot, but I'm going to need to change the stem and bar setup. The front brake works amazing too, very grabby.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.037895
Mobile Version of Website