What do you eat or drink that gives you ''super energy'' :P for biking and building?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
What do you eat or drink that gives you ''super energy'' :P for biking and building?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 5:16 Quote
I was wondering, some foods or drinks are defenantly better than others, energy wise... so before or while you are at the trail, building or riding, what do you eat?

FL
Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 5:17 Quote
nothing gives me as much energy as i would like Frown

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 5:19 Quote
ldeere683 wrote:
nothing gives me as much energy as i would like Frown

lol i was clearing bushes yesterday, and today i cant walk... Blank Stare lol

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 5:42 Quote
sounds abit old fashioned.. but porridge or weetabix is always sumat good to eat..Smile

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 5:46 Quote
jackariusjones wrote:
sounds abit old fashioned.. but porridge or weetabix is always sumat good to eat..Smile

i love weetabix! although it's hard to get here...

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 5:46 Quote
a few flapjacks and 2 pints of cider - gets me fueled up and ready to rip every time!

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 5:47 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
a few flapjacks and 2 pints of cider - gets me fueled up and ready to rip every time!

cider..?Blank Stare u bein serious..? haha

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 5:48 Quote
jackariusjones wrote:
ctd07 wrote:

cider..?Blank Stare u bein serious..? haha
yup, every time! - a nice big fry-up for breakfast will last you half the day and has plenty of protein to help your muscles tooBig Grin

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 5:50 Quote
a good balanced diet with plenty of carbs are gonna be better than any redbull or rockstar alternative.

pasta is a very good source of carbs,along with flapjack and chocolate milkshake and bananas,a good recovery food is beans on toast.

muscles will ache until you get used to using them,and have at least one days rest a week to give your muscles chance to repair and rebuild themselves.

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 6:08 Quote
French toast seems to give me lots of energy if I am going out rite after breakfast. Try to keep the syrup to a minimum, you don't want to crash after your sugar energy is burned up in like 15 minutes.

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 7:14 Quote
marquis wrote:
a good balanced diet with plenty of carbs are gonna be better than any redbull or rockstar alternative.

pasta is a very good source of carbs,along with flapjack and chocolate milkshake and bananas,a good recovery food is beans on toast.

muscles will ache until you get used to using them,and have at least one days rest a week to give your muscles chance to repair and rebuild themselves.

yer bananas are a good source of magnesium aswell... so u dont have cramps...
and sometimes i make chocolate milk with bananas and biscuits in it hmmm it's sooo good and will keep you Cool for ages lol

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 12:57 Quote
oatabix bites. i'm eating them right now actually.

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 13:01 Quote
For some people this might not be the same case but after a good 'sesh' I can't help but build. I just turn into a building machine.

On the food subject, eat a variety of foods for breakfast so you have a good amount of energy and it isn't all crap food.

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 13:03 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
For some people this might not be the same case but after a good 'sesh' I can't help but build. I just turn into a building machine.

On the food subject, eat a variety of foods for breakfast so you have a good amount of energy and it isn't all crap food.

^^^ what he said + beaver tails

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 13:10 Quote
Flapjack, Scotch eggs and bananas are the way forward. The protein in the scotch eggs give you protein for recovery after a hard sesh' bananas fill you up to the max and flapjack has carbohydrates and sugar to give you an immediate boost and energy Smile

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009376
Mobile Version of Website