Post Your Rocky Mountain Flatline!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post Your Rocky Mountain Flatline!
Posted: Sep 6, 2014 at 13:50 Quote
Da-Moose wrote:
wite-trash-azn wrote:
ah well, I'd say go with the new flatline anyway, it beats the old one in every way imaginable

If only that were an option. The option is oldschool flatline, or I wait and trade for something else....
ahhh then I'd wait

Posted: Sep 6, 2014 at 20:56 Quote
redcorn wrote:
ridgidframe wrote:
photo

How do you guys like the new paint on my flatline still need to put decals on it.

What it looked like before

photo

I had a Killswitch in pretty much the same blue, it looks good man!
Sick choice going with the blue. Looks awesome!

Posted: Sep 6, 2014 at 21:22 Quote
easternripper wrote:
redcorn wrote:
ridgidframe wrote:
photo

How do you guys like the new paint on my flatline still need to put decals on it.

What it looked like before

photo

back when I had my 09' park, I wanted to paint it the same blue, with yellow decals, basically a reverse paintjob, that'd look nice with yours

Posted: Sep 6, 2014 at 21:35 Quote
wite-trash-azn wrote:
easternripper wrote:
redcorn wrote:

back when I had my 09' park, I wanted to paint it the same blue, with yellow decals, basically a reverse paintjob, that'd look nice with yours
thank you, replaced the headset and bearings too so it feels like alot smoother now. and yes the yellow decals would look good

Posted: Sep 7, 2014 at 6:49 Quote
black or white decals would be a safer bet lol yellow could look really good or really out of place :-O

O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2014 at 10:52 Quote
Don't do yellow decals. I wouldn't at least.

Posted: Sep 7, 2014 at 14:44 Quote
RockYMountaiN-FlatlinE wrote:
black or white decals would be a safer bet lol yellow could look really good or really out of place :-O
eh yeah, yellow decals are really on the edge of being too bold,maybe white to match the pedals?

Posted: Sep 7, 2014 at 14:51 Quote
wite-trash-azn wrote:
eh yeah, yellow decals are really on the edge of being too bold,maybe white to match the pedals?
no I'm doing black decals I just bought a decals set from rm

Posted: Sep 7, 2014 at 15:29 Quote
ridgidframe wrote:
wite-trash-azn wrote:
no I'm doing black decals I just bought a decals set from rm
noiceee post pics when she's ready

Posted: Sep 8, 2014 at 19:00 Quote
Im interested to hear weights of decent builds on a Flatline. Im weighing in at 40.7lbs right now and wondering where is the best place to shed some weight. (2012 flatline pro)

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2014 at 19:12 Quote
easternripper wrote:
Im interested to hear weights of decent builds on a Flatline. Im weighing in at 40.7lbs right now and wondering where is the best place to shed some weight. (2012 flatline pro)
I have a the same bike, mine weighs in at about 38. Pretty much every part is custom except for cranks, fork, and hubs.
Upgraded my wheelset to Stans ZTR Flow EX and am running tubeless. That lost a fair amount of weight! Carbon bars, X0 Trail brakes, Deity Locust DM stem. Elka Stage 5 rear shock is a fair amount lighter than the stock Vivid, and more weight could be dropped off with a lighter shock, Ti coil, air shock etc. Air suspension in general would lose weight. Depends what you have to spend really!

Wheels are a great way to drop some weight, and tubeless. Losing rotational weight is the best weight too.
Hi
photo

Posted: Sep 8, 2014 at 19:14 Quote
Don't run DH tubes, that'll save you about a pound.

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2014 at 19:15 Quote
redcorn wrote:
Tubeless is much better IMO. Save even more weight and don't have as much of a risk getting flats.

Posted: Sep 8, 2014 at 19:20 Quote
bryandickson wrote:
redcorn wrote:
Tubeless is much better IMO. Save even more weight and don't have as much of a risk getting flats.
Thanks everyone. The next endeavor is to set up tubeless. Has anyone tried excavators with alexrims supra 30's? I dont want to waste stans fluid and tape and such if it definitely is not going to work

Posted: Sep 8, 2014 at 23:26 Quote
easternripper wrote:
photo
darn... My flatline is still at 40lbs 13oz, and I'm running tubeless and a titanium fork coil too... Any ideas on how to lose more weight?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.148964
Mobile Version of Website