As a bicycle mechanic what is your most hated job?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
As a bicycle mechanic what is your most hated job?
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 at 10:52 Quote
Yip, makes our job all themore fun. Trueing little wheels aint a blast either

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 at 10:55 Quote
cliffred wrote:
changing grip shift gear cables on a £80 bike bought from toys r us! sooo fidly its horrific.

i want to have your babies

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 at 10:56 Quote
cjmcbrierty wrote:
Yip, makes our job all themore fun. Trueing little wheels aint a blast either
What I hate the most is taping road bars I can do it but it pisses me off. Its the only thing I would let someone else do on my own bike. I would like to say that Im just happy to be in a job I love

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 at 10:56 Quote
ldeere683 wrote:
cliffred wrote:
changing grip shift gear cables on a £80 bike bought from toys r us! sooo fidly its horrific.

lets do it, sounds like a blast.

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 at 10:59 Quote
ldeere683 wrote:
cliffred wrote:

For cheap gs I charge for a shifter instal not a cable because you have to take the stupid thing off and fugg with it for 5 mins to get the cable in.

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 at 11:06 Quote
toooldschool wrote:
ldeere683 wrote:
cliffred wrote:

For cheap gs I charge for a shifter instal not a cable because you have to take the stupid thing off and fugg with it for 5 mins to get the cable in.

i would say more like 15 mins lol

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 at 11:07 Quote
ldeere683 wrote:
typecaRl wrote:
Just thought of another really annoying job. Building those bloody kids bikes and having to put handle bar tassells on and dolly seat and stabilizers, and little handle bar bags, and fluffy seat covers etc etc all while trying not to get your oily hands all over it lol.

haha yeah ino what you mean the little falcons and bumpers are the worst, they make me sick, luckily i dont have to do much of them anymore

Ever had to do a Raliegh Molly? lol. God you should see what we do with that doll. We string her up and have her hanging from the workshop ceiling lol

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 at 11:09 Quote
cliffred wrote:

lol I tried this once. Looked for the screw/cap where the cable normally comes out of other gripshifts. No sign. Then thought ok must be like the Sram ones where you grip twist and pull to take them apart. And it just fell apart in my hand lol. No chance of getting back together. Since then I just say sorry Im afraid you need a new shifter lol.

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 at 11:10 Quote
Oh and thought of another annoying job. When you have to repair a puncture and that green slime gunk is everywhere lol. That stuff is useless. Just makes a big bloody mess lol

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 at 11:52 Quote
typecaRl wrote:
Oh and thought of another annoying job. When you have to repair a puncture and that green slime gunk is everywhere lol. That stuff is useless. Just makes a big bloody mess lol

i put that in my moped tyre and it stayed up Beer wouldent ever put it in my bike though

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 at 11:59 Quote
when my boss inserts me in the basement Frown

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 at 12:01 Quote
typecaRl wrote:
i agree i hate it soo much.

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 at 12:03 Quote
@ typecaRl

Hahahah, your stuff makes me laugh!! hahaha! Rock on dude,

Bike mechanics rock...!

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 at 12:03 Quote
we have these 2 guys that come to our bike shop often they are poor, dirty guys, but so nice. they get there bikes from the dump and bike parts from there too. theres bikes are always so f*ck we see parts on our bike that we have thrown out and they come back and say can you fix this. then we have to explain to them that we just threw it out and its cant be fixed. may not sound bad but fixing a bike where parts dont fit right and smells like dump sucks.

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 at 15:50 Quote
cotty42 wrote:
when people come in with a puncture and theres a big dollop of dog shit on the tyre now thats anoying apart from that i hate fixing my own bike because i cant afford myself
ahahaha i laughed
lol lol lol im still laughing!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014419
Mobile Version of Website