STP: General Discussion

PB Forum :: Giant
STP: General Discussion
Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 13:44 Quote
dhpete93 wrote:
ezekiel82 wrote:
The difference in product pricing between countries is a little more difficult to explain than just changing the exchange rate.
Very true but the most i can think of is shipping. What other factors effect the pricing?

This site can answer better than I can, but importing costs seem to be pretty steep. Click

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 13:53 Quote
And one more comment. Bike companies get their parts that go on their completes sooo much cheaper than what me and you would pay for it.

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 13:55 Quote
warthog wrote:
And one more comment. Bike companies get their parts that go on their completes sooo much cheaper than what me and you would pay for it.
I have read a fair few articles explaining that, It was just single item cost's what confused me.

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 16:16 Quote
British goverment adds a load more tax when we import stuff so its almost as expensive as buying it here anyway Frown

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 20:13 Quote
ezekiel82 wrote:
dhpete93 wrote:
ezekiel82 wrote:
The difference in product pricing between countries is a little more difficult to explain than just changing the exchange rate.
Very true but the most i can think of is shipping. What other factors effect the pricing?

This site can answer better than I can, but importing costs seem to be pretty steep. Click

not sure, but brand new ipods in Dubai are only like 80 bucks, here they're like 280 i think, lameee

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 21:04 Quote
ye but if u think about it where are they made. easier access over there.

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 21:25 Quote
if they built them with horizontal drop outs..oh my lanta..they would be everywhere

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 23:20 Quote
newagebiker wrote:

you mean like cheaper shipping right? nah i don't think their gonna mark it up some 200 bucks for shipping it a little further, prolly cuz most ppl in america are dumb enough to waste their money on it so they mark it up

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 23:22 Quote
TimHorton wrote:
newagebiker wrote:

you mean like cheaper shipping right? nah i don't think their gonna mark it up some 200 bucks for shipping it a little further, prolly cuz most ppl in america are dumb enough to waste their money on it so they mark it up

waste their money on a stp frame?

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 23:32 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:
TimHorton wrote:
newagebiker wrote:

waste their money on a stp frame?

haha nah, an ipod, read up above

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 23:37 Quote
i wouldn't say that its cuz people are dumb, its more so that people want to be in the know and trendy that they'll break the bank to be in style.

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 0:04 Quote
Since its a general discussion about stp....i will ask whether nz prices of stps are cheaper or more expensive than any other prices around the world and... is it cheaper to build ur own?, if you can get good deals on parts. (which is what i am trying to do).
Try to ignore my spelling and grammar....lol

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 0:25 Quote
Trueno-king wrote:
Since its a general discussion about stp....i will ask whether nz prices of stps are cheaper or more expensive than any other prices around the world and... is it cheaper to build ur own?, if you can get good deals on parts. (which is what i am trying to do).
Try to ignore my spelling and grammar....lol

It really depends on what you're intended build is for. It'll probably cost you more to part it together, but your bike will be dialed.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.073560
Mobile Version of Website