Post your guitar or bass!

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Post your guitar or bass!
Posted: Aug 18, 2009 at 13:50 Quote
GVSz wrote:
Alright, somewhat off topic, but here goes. I have a bit of a problem with my bass. The output jack isn't realy working properly. I've tried tightenening/loosening it but it still makes the horrible fuzzy sound. I know it's not the cable as the sound changes when I tighten/loosten the jack. Any ideas on how to fix this?

i dont kno if i kno how to fix it put dont put the lead into the guitar input fully,leavew it out abit.it happened to one of my guitars but luckily i cud send it back cus it was after i owned it for a day.or it cud be the amp

Posted: Aug 18, 2009 at 16:02 Quote
Sounds like some bad soldering in the input? Take it to a shop I'd say.

Posted: Aug 18, 2009 at 16:03 Quote
R-HAWKI wrote:
GVSz wrote:
Alright, somewhat off topic, but here goes. I have a bit of a problem with my bass. The output jack isn't realy working properly. I've tried tightenening/loosening it but it still makes the horrible fuzzy sound. I know it's not the cable as the sound changes when I tighten/loosten the jack. Any ideas on how to fix this?

i dont kno if i kno how to fix it put dont put the lead into the guitar input fully,leavew it out abit.it happened to one of my guitars but luckily i cud send it back cus it was after i owned it for a day.or it cud be the amp

Ummmm that doesn't sound like good advice, I'm pretty sure your cable should be plugged in completely to your instrument.

Did you try removing the screws to your input so you tighten the jack, without coiling or ripping the wires on the inside? I had a loose jack on my guitar and it would make horrible noises when you moved the guitar around. When I tried to tighten the jack, it would spin a bit, I removed the screws and there was a nut that was loose on the back side of the jack. Try removing the screws and look on the backside of the jack/see if there are loose or broken wires.

Posted: Aug 19, 2009 at 14:03 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
R-HAWKI wrote:
GVSz wrote:

Ummmm that doesn't sound like good advice, I'm pretty sure your cable should be plugged in completely to your instrument.

Did you try removing the screws to your input so you tighten the jack, without coiling or ripping the wires on the inside? I had a loose jack on my guitar and it would make horrible noises when you moved the guitar around. When I tried to tighten the jack, it would spin a bit, I removed the screws and there was a nut that was loose on the back side of the jack. Try removing the screws and look on the backside of the jack/see if there are loose or broken wires.

lol i kno it was crap.but i dont study guitars i play them Smile and also when it happened to me and i did wht i sed the lead kept fallin out and i had to get someone to hold it in while i was playuin Smile

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 5:52 Quote
photo

Godin Detour Graphite and Peavey 212 XXl combo.

Need a new guitar soon. Thinking of a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 or a Jackson Dinky... Any suggestions?

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 9:59 Quote
zwak wrote:

that is exactly what i was thinking. i've had to resolder the the wires connected to the jacks on 3 of my guitars because they werent done properly.

hey whats the worst problem you guys have had with any of your guitars?

i use to have an old barracuda sg copy that i bought when i didnt really have any money to buy a decent guitar. a couple months after the warrenty was up the the studs on the bridge started to lift out of the body Facepalm talk about bad craftsmanship. luckily the store i bought it from took it and sent it back telling the company i bought it at a different time so they warrentied it and i got a new one.

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 12:23 Quote
dmanj wrote:
zwak wrote:

that is exactly what i was thinking. i've had to resolder the the wires connected to the jacks on 3 of my guitars because they werent done properly.

hey whats the worst problem you guys have had with any of your guitars?

i use to have an old barracuda sg copy that i bought when i didnt really have any money to buy a decent guitar. a couple months after the warrenty was up the the studs on the bridge started to lift out of the body Facepalm talk about bad craftsmanship. luckily the store i bought it from took it and sent it back telling the company i bought it at a different time so they warrentied it and i got a new one.

lol lucky,apart from wht i sed with my electric guitar and the input not working my bass had a bad knob :p.i meen like it stopped working and it was wobblin and stuff.omg tht just sounds so wrong lol soz..

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 13:01 Quote
I opened up the pick gaurd the other day, and yeah it turned out to be bad soldering. I don't have access to a soldering iron, so I'm wondering how much would most stores charge to fix it?
Also I realized how simple the mechanics of a guitar/bass are.

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 23:21 Quote
GVSz wrote:
I opened up the pick gaurd the other day, and yeah it turned out to be bad soldering. I don't have access to a soldering iron, so I'm wondering how much would most stores charge to fix it?
Also I realized how simple the mechanics of a guitar/bass are.
Its almost cheaper to just go out and buy a cheap 70 watt soldering iron

Posted: Sep 6, 2009 at 12:55 Quote
cud anyone reccomend an electro-acoustic guitar with f-holes like a white falcon kind of style for 300 quid tops? and preferbly red or white

Posted: Sep 14, 2009 at 0:42 Quote
photo
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3062/2801118894_fe703a44a6.jpg

5 string Fender Jazz V

:Cool ::Cool ::Cool :

Also got a Fender Strat and an old yamaha bass 270.

Posted: Sep 14, 2009 at 17:03 Quote
That is an absolutely beautiful bass.

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 1:24 Quote
damn right! It's a very sexual bass and plays beautifully. Best 5 string out there!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034157
Mobile Version of Website