Mondraker Uk?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 2:47 Quote
Does anyone know if there's a uk importer / dealer for Mondraker?

They make some decent bikes, and i reckon a 'Foxy' or a 'Prayer' could be just the thing to replace my Speccy Enduro.

(i'm thinking Foxy - i like four-bars with flat top links)

but it seems they're not available here in the uk..?

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 5:55 Quote
the nearest retailer for Mondraker is in France.

Blue Factory Team s.l.u.
Elche Parque Industrial
Torres y Villarroel 6 · Apartado 3300
03203 Elche · España
Phone +34 965 681 554
Fax +34 965 685 986
france@mondraker.com
www.mondraker.com

here is the dealers page on there site.

Posted: Oct 27, 2009 at 12:18 Quote
Silverfish UK (www.silverfish-uk.com)

Alot of good bike shops are distributers of silverfish and you'll be able to get hold of anything they stock thru the shop...if there nice

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 at 10:19 Quote
sorry, too late, i already bought a new bike.

a shame really, because the mondraker bikes are cheaper, and better than the alternative i ended up with.

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 at 10:31 Quote
Cotic Hemlock.

snapped it clean in 2 after 4 months easy riding (no jumps, no drops, mostly xc type stuff).

very disappointing.

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 at 10:33 Quote
Eek bugger thats pretty bad,and the hemlock looks pretty burly too.

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 at 10:47 Quote
"burly" ? - not exactly...

and i'm a mincing joke of a rider, i don't weigh very much and ride slowly, i shouldn't be able to break anything.

photo

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 at 10:48 Quote
literatechimp wrote:
"burly" ? - not exactly...

and i'm a mincing joke of a rider, i don't weigh very much and ride slowly, i shouldn't be able to break anything.

are they gonna warranty it.?

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 at 10:52 Quote
i did get a new 'improved' 2010 chainstay; the main section of chainstay is now twice as deep, although the bit that actually broke isn't really any bigger.

i'm not confident about it, watch this space...

(it is the best handling bike i've ever ridden, it's just a shame it's not nearly strong enough).

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 at 10:55 Quote
has that snapped where the swingarm mounts up to the frame,thats a first for sure.

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 at 10:56 Quote
what do you mean? a first for a Hemlock? - they've had loads of failures...

or do you mean the first time you've seen that on any bike - cos you'd be right. (i've never seen any other bike fail there).

anyway, it rides ace, and i've been told that the new bit is much stronger now. ho-hum.

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 at 12:00 Quote
literatechimp wrote:
what do you mean? a first for a Hemlock? - they've had loads of failures...

or do you mean the first time you've seen that on any bike - cos you'd be right. (i've never seen any other bike fail there).

anyway, it rides ace, and i've been told that the new bit is much stronger now. ho-hum.

sorry should of explained better,its the first time i have seen a bike fail there.

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 at 13:56 Quote
the Hemlock is a nasty piece of sh*t, and totally overpriced

we've had 2 come through our workshop, and the customers both had exactly the same issue as you, and 1 of these customers has actually broken the "new, improved" part

the suspension design itself is ok, but the frame is completely underbuilt with flimsy tube profiles and tiny bearings in undersized pivots; you can tell that the frame designer really does not understand how to design a suspension frame, its very different to designing a hardtail

best thing is to sell it off, and buy a decent suspension frame from either an established boutique brand (Turner, Santa Cruz, Ellsworth,etc.) or a frame from one of the big brands (Trek, Specialized, etc.)

Cotec make sweet steel hardtails, but design terrible suspension frames (which are made for them in Taiwan)

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011925
Mobile Version of Website