Whats a good cheap and realiable DH bike?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Whats a good cheap and realiable DH bike?
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 17:43 Quote
hamina777 wrote:
Konas are great cheap realiable DH bikes. Flame on!

Before a dumbass post pops up, I'd like to remind everybody that TONS of bikes break, not just Konas.

Tons of Bikes may break, but my friends brand new Kona Bass is the only bike I've ever seen where the chainstay snapped right in half.

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 20:23 Quote
spittingcamel63 wrote:
hamina777 wrote:

Before a dumbass post pops up, I'd like to remind everybody that TONS of bikes break, not just Konas.

Tons of Bikes may break, but my friends brand new Kona Bass is the only bike I've ever seen where the chainstay snapped right in half.
ok that is the chainstays fault not the frame u fukin idiot

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 20:25 Quote
Big hit grom FTWJailbreak super sick man. just glides down hills like nuthin

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 20:45 Quote
^^^by spittingcamels quote up there..he likes specialized's and I agree, a SXT tuned correctly would be a good all around bike....or a demo7 I....look into Trek 88 fr as well

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 21:15 Quote
i have a 2005 devinci magma with a rock-shox domain 302 2008 and i ever drop 12 feet to flat and it arent broke but it makes the job for me

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 21:39 Quote
konarider567 wrote:
spittingcamel63 wrote:
hamina777 wrote:

ok that is the chainstays fault not the frame u fukin idiot

That may be the chainstays fault, but Kona is the one using the Chainstay.

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 21:47 Quote
two words....

Norco Atomik

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 22:02 Quote
nnorrcoo wrote:
two words....

Norco Atomik

two more words...

ARE CRAP

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 22:05 Quote
steeze-rider-360 wrote:
nnorrcoo wrote:
two words....

Norco Atomik

two more words...

ARE CRAP
have you ever riden one, i can bet you that the atomks are one of the cheaper more realiabe DH bikes out there

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 22:07 Quote
amz8 wrote:
kona-kid8 wrote:
im just wondering because right now i have a kona stinky and i herd its not gonna be a good bike to be DHING with so any ideas let me know.Pimp

Not to be a dick, but,

1. If you "heard" its not gonna be good, odds are you arent even good enough to tell if you need a better bike.

2. As with anything, you get to choose two: cheap, reliable, high performance.

edit: thanks clandude Wink
nope, you never get cheap high performance Wink

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 22:23 Quote
nnorrcoo wrote:
steeze-rider-360 wrote:
nnorrcoo wrote:
two words....

Norco Atomik

two more words...

ARE CRAP
have you ever riden one, i can bet you that the atomks are one of the cheaper more realiabe DH bikes out there

guess again brotha. i have ridden 2Big Grin they are cheap but not very reliable or good dh bike for that matter

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 22:43 Quote
steeze-rider-360 wrote:
nnorrcoo wrote:
steeze-rider-360 wrote:

two more words...

ARE CRAP

guess again brotha. i have ridden 2Big Grin they are cheap but not very reliable or good dh bike for that matter
have you riden an 08?

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 22:45 Quote
nnorrcoo wrote:
steeze-rider-360 wrote:
nnorrcoo wrote:

have you riden an 08?
yea der da shittiest

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 23:24 Quote
me2menow wrote:
amz8 wrote:
kona-kid8 wrote:
im just wondering because right now i have a kona stinky and i herd its not gonna be a good bike to be DHING with so any ideas let me know.Pimp

Not to be a dick, but,

1. If you "heard" its not gonna be good, odds are you arent even good enough to tell if you need a better bike.

2. As with anything, you get to choose two: cheap, reliable, high performance.

edit: thanks clandude Wink
nope, you never get cheap high performance Wink

you sure do. take a neon srt-4 for example Wink

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 23:28 Quote
steeze-rider-360 wrote:
nnorrcoo wrote:
steeze-rider-360 wrote:

have you riden an 08?
yea der da shittiest
hey man i ride a Norco Atomik for DH and it has only landed me in the hospital once or twice

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013441
Mobile Version of Website