Help me please too much choice in the world!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Help me please too much choice in the world!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 2:42 Quote
I know there are lots of threads i have searched this site other sites and the all might internet as well! Of which nothing has really helped me make a decision.

I only ride maybe light DH and i am not into big gaps and huge hucks so i am thinking that a full on DH rig or FR bike would not be suitable. I do still want to be able to to bike parks and enjoy some good long flowing runs like maybe Cymcarn in whales or even up to scotland.

I have a friend who is talking me into going to the "Mega Avelanche" this year, so i have beenn looking at the "all mountain" bikes.

So far my shortlist is -

trek remedy 9

Giant reign

Iron horse 6.6

Specialized enduro/pitch

Plaese can you give me some honest opinions and feedback and yes i intend to test ride them at the earliest opportunity, but i didnt want to waste time if maybe i should be looking at something else like the norco six series?!

Thanks all and sorry for rambling onSmile

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 3:06 Quote
tas901q wrote:
I know there are lots of threads i have searched this site other sites and the all might internet as well! Of which nothing has really helped me make a decision.

I only ride maybe light DH and i am not into big gaps and huge hucks so i am thinking that a full on DH rig or FR bike would not be suitable. I do still want to be able to to bike parks and enjoy some good long flowing runs like maybe Cymcarn in whales or even up to scotland.

I have a friend who is talking me into going to the "Mega Avelanche" this year, so i have beenn looking at the "all mountain" bikes.

So far my shortlist is -

trek remedy 9

Giant reign

Iron horse 6.6

Specialized enduro/pitch

Plaese can you give me some honest opinions and feedback and yes i intend to test ride them at the earliest opportunity, but i didnt want to waste time if maybe i should be looking at something else like the norco six series?!

the enduro that comes with the triple clamps on is nice to ride prety damn light aswell. i think that would be able to handle what you said

i dont no wich model enduro it is though =S lol

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 4:05 Quote
i would say trek remedy 9.
and i will also suggest a transition covert

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 4:12 Quote
I was thinking very heavily towards the remedy 9 and was wondering if it would be worth puting a chain device like an E-13 DRS on there or would that be an insult to the bike and the rather nice XTR and Sram chain set.

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 4:13 Quote
if your looking for a AM bike that you want to be garneted to be happy with I would go with foes
http://www.foesracing.com/lineup.cfm

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 4:19 Quote
i think putting a e13 or some other chain guide would be fine (consider a dual ring guide?)

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 4:36 Quote
i was in the same sitution as you in the summer, as where i live couldnt justify a full on hard core freeride bike.

i too looked at the pretty well the same list. having tried them all out i went for the giant reign. the remdy was nice but the i didnt like how it felt, the reign just felt like it could take anyhting!

however looking back at it i did chose the wrong bike, i would recomend a giant reign x, or something from the marin range.

the reign x feels so nice, and it is proberly one of the best bikes suited for the uk condtions, it can either be a small downhill bike, or a big all moutian bike.
defintly have a look at it.

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 19:41 Quote
tas901q wrote:

So far my shortlist is -

trek remedy 9

Giant reign

Iron horse 6.6

Specialized enduro/pitch

get the trek its new suspension desing like the full floater and the evo line are crazy and dont forget the ABP!

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 19:42 Quote
How much money can you spend?

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 4:50 Quote
NS831 wrote:

I have a very rare mment in my life where I could up to £3k Smile

Hence some of the bike choices like the remedy 9!

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 7:02 Quote
tas901q wrote:
NS831 wrote:

I have a very rare mment in my life where I could up to £3k Smile

Hence some of the bike choices like the remedy 9!

so get what you really want and get something with a great spec and warrantee that will last. and spend what you need to, to get it!

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 7:20 Quote
i would try and save up for the foes.

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 8:05 Quote
i'm with joelong take a look see at marin, summit like the attack trail.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012414
Mobile Version of Website