Goggles or Glasses

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Goggles or Glasses
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 21:06 Quote
I wear glasses and I'm broke so I can't really go out and buy sunglasses and get prescriptions put in. Anybody have any good goggles or safety glasses that will fit over my glasses while I ride. I don't want goggles like MX goggles or anything. I don't have a full face helmet.
So basically a cheap small "goggles" that I can wear while trail riding. Thanks any help is really appreciated.

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 9:29 Quote
Really? No one has any help? C'mon people.

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 9:33 Quote
well when biking you don't usually wear gogles to block the sun you wear them to block the wind in your eyes for downhill and such. so if you are trying to block the sun then just get a big pair of avitor sunglasses from the salvation army and be done with it.

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 9:47 Quote
I can only think of those kickass, huge shades that the senior citizens weare with the massive tinted arms and everythign.. they go right over the prescriptions and would definately look hot.

Other than that.. i don't think the benifit of wearing sunnies over your prescription would be worth the screwed up optics/comfort of having two pairs of glases.

What about those clip on things that go over your glasses.. that's the answer, no?

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 21:05 Quote
w-e-w wrote:
I can only think of those kickass, huge shades that the senior citizens weare with the massive tinted arms and everythign.. they go right over the prescriptions and would definately look hot.

Other than that.. i don't think the benifit of wearing sunnies over your prescription would be worth the screwed up optics/comfort of having two pairs of glases.

What about those clip on things that go over your glasses.. that's the answer, no?
You know I didn't even think of that. I need a little wind protection, too. I'll just need to save all my money for the laser surgery.

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 21:11 Quote
Why not just get contacts and then get sunglasses to wear while you ride. Seems a lot simpler and cheaper then lazer surgery lol.Wink

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 16:59 Quote
xxkerryxx wrote:
Why not just get contacts and then get sunglasses to wear while you ride. Seems a lot simpler and cheaper then lazer surgery lol.Wink
ye but with laser surgery u dont have to worry about taking ur contacts out before jumping into a pool after a long bike sesh Wink

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 17:04 Quote
I just wear contacts while I ride. I honestly feel like I have much more freedom with them vs wearing glasses. I am never worried about smashing or scratching them. I have never had a problem with dust or dirt either. I guess it helps that I put some eye drops in before and after each ride though.

I also got 6 months worth of contacts for $100. So I would probably suggest them and just a regular pair of sunglasses.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011729
Mobile Version of Website